• ...and so much more!
  • OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    NEW GLOCK!!! :X UPDATE... FAIL?!?

Just got the new GLOCK 19X today! Too bad I have to work... I'll update after I get some range time this weekend.

Next to the Agency 17 Bonesaw
    IMG_6941.jpg
    I've already removed the grip plug... It has a neat/weird, golden/copperish glaze (WIFE LOVES IT) color on the slide that is not picked up on camera. I know the 19X is not for everyone, I'm a big fan of the fingerless, slimmer, full grip that it offers. Being a man built on the side of extra husky a full grip doesn't print on me. The ambi slide release is great, since the wife is handicapped (left handed) it does need the glock extended (notched) release whenever that becomes available. I got a killer deal on it through Rural King, so if it performs it like a Glock should I'm 100% thrilled with it!

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I got my 19X at RK as well when they had a 12% rebate a month ago. Love it.

The slide turns a little darker (which I like) when wiped down with oil.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Got mine the day it came out. Got about 250 rds through it so far. They did something different with the trigger compared to a standard gen 5. I like it. Goes along nicely with my gen 5 19 and 26

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Got mine the day it came out. Got about 250 rds through it so far. They did something different with the trigger compared to a standard gen 5. I like it. Goes along nicely with my gen 5 19 and 26

I noticed that, it doesn't have that long trigger reset that glocks normally have. It has that nice clean break that I like, I usually do trigger work to everything but I'm going to leave this one alone.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Well I got some range time today with the 19X, what can I say?!? WOW this is the way Glock should have always been... then... it began, after a 100ish rds every magazine that I placed in the pistol automatically sent the slide home not matter how lightly or angled I tried, even upside down!!! Ok hmm... so instead of ejecting the chambered round and having it potentially fall in the mud I fired at my target. Upon doing this the round went down the magwell. ????? So I repeated this action multiple times, this time I received a stovepipes 3 times in a row, then another down the magwell. I tried 4 different magazines G3/G4 and whatever the G19 mag is. My ammunition was a mix of Geco 115gr, Armscore 115gr, and freedom munitions probably 115. Anyone else experienced this? I know it is not typical to fire without the magazine but my Beretta 92a1 didn’t have a problem and neither did my wife’s Kimber ultra carry ii (first time shooting and I’ve got a lot to say about that gun) have any problem functioning. I’m kind of lost on this... the slide going home seems kind of unsafe...

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I got my 19X at RK as well when they had a 12% rebate a month ago. Love it.

The slide turns a little darker (which I like) when wiped down with oil.

1. And, I, the newb, got to shoot gmttr's new toy: puts me on the cutting edge for the first time in my life. Thanks gmcttr!!!!

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    I have about 400 rounds through mine with zero problems using 19X and Gen 4 G17 mags.

Try firing without the magazine installed and see how yours does. So far I’ve got 365rds through and I think I need to already change some springs. I really really like it, but I’m not sure what I should do.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Try firing without the magazine installed and see how yours does. So far I’ve got 365rds through and I think I need to already change some springs. I really really like it, but I’m not sure what I should do.

I'll try to remember next time have it out.

I can tell you that with the slide locked back I can slam a loaded mag home and the slide stays open as it should. I tried cycling the slide using a snap cap without a mag in place and it threw the cap across the room like it should and not down the magwell.

I strongly suggest you contact Glock.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Well I got some range time today with the 19X, what can I say?!? WOW this is the way Glock should have always been... then... it began, after a 100ish rds every magazine that I placed in the pistol automatically sent the slide home not matter how lightly or angled I tried, even upside down!!! Ok hmm... so instead of ejecting the chambered round and having it potentially fall in the mud I fired at my target. Upon doing this the round went down the magwell. ????? So I repeated this action multiple times, this time I received a stovepipes 3 times in a row, then another down the magwell. I tried 4 different magazines G3/G4 and whatever the G19 mag is. My ammunition was a mix of Geco 115gr, Armscore 115gr, and freedom munitions probably 115. Anyone else experienced this? I know it is not typical to fire without the magazine but my Beretta 92a1 didn’t have a problem and neither did my wife’s Kimber ultra carry ii (first time shooting and I’ve got a lot to say about that gun) have any problem functioning. I’m kind of lost on this... the slide going home seems kind of unsafe...

I had a similiar issue with a glock 19 gen 3. It would stove pipe. I changed the extractor plunger spring and have now ran Id say 400 rds through it since with no issues.

Was the failures with every brand of ammo? Freedom Munitions QC is lacking but if it wasn't just Freedom then its not the ammo

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll try to remember next time have it out.

I can tell you that with the slide locked back I can slam a loaded mag home and the slide stays open as it should. I tried cycling the slide using a snap cap without a mag in place and it threw the cap across the room like it should and not down the magwell.

I strongly suggest you contact Glock.

I had a similiar issue with a glock 19 gen 3. It would stove pipe. I changed the extractor plunger spring and have now ran Id say 400 rds through it since with no issues.

Was the failures with every brand of ammo? Freedom Munitions QC is lacking but if it wasn't just Freedom then its not the ammo

Yep, I'm not exactly sure of the issue he is having, but from what I read into it sounds like an extractor issue, at least for the failure to extract the case properly. Either the tension on the extractor is not right (which could be the spring issue you mention) or an issue with the extractor itself not having the right specs, etc. Replacing an extractor or the spring is an easy fix on a Glock if that is the issue.

As far as the slide slamming shut when inserting the mag, does it happen every time? How hard are you slamming the mag in when it does it? This could be an issue with the slide stop or it's spring.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom