Glock 34, I think I want one. Tell me what you know please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I recently bought a Glock 17,19 and 43. For some reason I think a 34 would be a fun range/woods gun.
    Help me out and give me the pro's and con's. Thanks in advance.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The MOS version is out: https://us.glock.com/products/model/g34gen5

I'll likely get one, eventually, when I'm ready to start tinkering with a red dot.
    I would recommend skipping the Mos, as it's a one size fits all solution to a kinda complicated question. If you want to run an RDS, borrow one with the RDS you want try a few, then decide what works for you, and buy a dedicated system. As to the OP, yes the 34 is a very nice u it, buy it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I would recommend skipping the Mos, as it's a one size fits all solution to a kinda complicated question. If you want to run an RDS, borrow one with the RDS you want try a few, then decide what works for you, and buy a dedicated system. As to the OP, yes the 34 is a very nice u it, buy it.

Why? Because of the multiple plates vs milling for a specific one?

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    You will not be disappointed. I have a gen 3 and it is really nice shooting pistol. If you carry a 17 you can carry a 34 just as easy.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    First, the 34 is a great gun. I've owned a gen3 and a gen4. The gen3 was my first handgun.

BUT... I'll go against the grain here and say that if you already have a 17, the 34 won't do anything much differently/better than the 17.

I'd suggest buy ammo, training, or a different gun altogether - a 1911, a revolver, a CZ 75, a Sig, etc. That's my 2 cents. I mention those other guns specifically because they've made me a better shooter and proven to be VERY enjoyable and reliable

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I kinda want the gen 5 MOS but heres where I'm at.

I'd have to add threaded barrel, dead air flip up sights and a red dot.

Problem is. I tried it twice didn't like red dots on pistols. And gen 5 17 mags wont work in my 19x. So it seems like I don't need one.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I kinda want the gen 5 MOS but heres where I'm at.

I'd have to add threaded barrel, dead air flip up sights and a red dot.

Problem is. I tried it twice didn't like red dots on pistols. And gen 5 17 mags wont work in my 19x. So it seems like I don't need one.

You can swap older glock base plates onto those gen5 mags and enjoy forever, and there are tons of used factory base plates all over the web for cheap! OP I've had several 34s and always kick myself for letting them go, great pistol and they're the size of a government model 1911. Not as big as you may think just looking at one. :)

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    My G34 is one of the most fun handguns that I own. Put on some better sights and get a nice trigger and you have a pistol that will make you smile when you pick it up!

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    All depends on what your end purpose is IMHO. I shoot steel challenge only and have a 34 g3 with a red dot, and a 17L with fiber front. I prefer the balance of the 34 and the speed of the dot. If it's for carry, a 17 or a 19 would be just as good i think.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I definitely think the 34 is the best Glock made. Ive got 2 that I used in a variety of matches for many years with a ton of rounds through them. Ive had a big variety of Glocks for carry guns, matches, general house use and the 34s will always be my favorite.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    A 35 is deer legal :D if you are looking for a woods gun. I enjoyed my 34's (gen 3, gen 4, gen 4 mos) but I never felt a need to keep one. I will probably buy a gen 5 if they release a non mos version. I liked my 34's more than my Vickers 17. The 34 felt more balanced and the trigger is cleaner.

Top Bottom