• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Made it to the HHRP outdoor range yesterday to try out my new CZ Shadow 2.

Set up in the pistol bay...

UOlviIG.jpg

Started out checking the POA/POI from 50' with a rest (a couple of yards beyond the steel targets in the above photo) and found it was shooting high with a 6 o'clock hold...

nRsXrJD.jpg

A sight adjustment corrected that...

Ydxminc.jpg

Then tried it a 7 yards (from a rest) to be sure it would still be good in close...

4Cmcr8B.jpg

Satisfied with the sights, I went back to 50' offhand with a two hand hold. The CZ did it's job but the shooter decided to flinch and put one low and one ridiculously low...

V4GvZCv.jpg

Already bored with shooting paper I switched to the steel flipper targets at ~13 yards and put another 150 rounds through it with a big grin on my face. Even went over to the main range and rang a 100 yard steel silhouette a few times.

The Shadow 2 is an impressive pistol. Capable of much better accuracy than I am and very fast to get back on target. The only problem is that 3 mags will hold a box of ammo and the CZ encourages you to empty those in seconds. Ordered another 2000 rounds of 9mm last night to account for that. :thumbsup:

This is my first CZ and I now understand what all the "hype" is about. Very satisfied with this purchase.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Excellent write-up gmcttr, and who doesn't love pictures?!? Looks like the sight adjustment put you right where you needed to be, and holy goodness is that a gorgeous piece... those grips (and the burnt orange ones) are stunning. Very nice!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Picture looks like south central gun club, if that is the case I've got a CZ sight pusher if you ever decide you need it. I make it there for the 1st Sunday matches.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Excellent! thanks for the post! :)

I might have gone to my favorite local shop a couple of days ago and asked them to find me a shadow 2 ;)

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Picture looks like south central gun club, if that is the case I've got a CZ sight pusher if you ever decide you need it. I make it there for the 1st Sunday matches.

It's the Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol club's outdoor range near Gnawbone (12 minutes from my house).

I have an MGW Sight Pro and picked up the slide shoe for the CZ but I appreciate the offer.

I live in Columbus but haven't made it down to the south central gun club. I've been interested in checking it out. My new CZ may push me in that direction.

Are many of the steel targets available during the week for members to use or are they mostly reserved for matches?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It is so enjoyable to read something like this when you know the person!
    And WOW: I can't believe the yardage and accuracy, I can't do that at 7 yards with a little .22LR. :dunno:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I enjoyed reading this review. It was well written and the pictures are great. I like how you started out testing for accuracy and then wrapped up with some steel smacking. A+, more please

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Nice gun. I'm really starting to like czs. I'm on my 2nd one and should have bought them way sooner.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This just reminded me. I need to bump the CZC I have in the classifieds. Then again, you have made me think that maybe I should keep mine.:)

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    This just reminded me. I need to bump the CZC I have in the classifieds. Then again, you have made me think that maybe I should keep mine.:)
    Gregkl if I could sell that Glock of mine, I’d buy that in heartbeat. As it is the last few 1911 purchase have put a good dent in my budget too.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Gregkl if I could sell that Glock of mine, I’d buy that in heartbeat. As it is the last few 1911 purchase have put a good dent in my budget too.

I understand that. If I wasn't at the point in my basement reno where I am spending 1,000's of dollars every month(drywall-I hired that out, next carpet-I'll contract that too) i'd have the funds to buy the shotgun I want.

I guess if I would be patient and wait until next year for the shotgun, I could have my cake and eat it too.:)

Sorry about the thread drift...

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Well now I have a quandary, was looking at the shadow 2 but this shows up. I may have to do some creative restructuring of the finances. Might hear from me soon gregkl.

Top Bottom