• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I got some trigger time in with one over the weekend, good friend bought one and the weather was finally nice enough to get out for a few hours.

I liked the way it fit's the hand, grip and checkering is nicer than some of the better 1911's out there and the trigger is very good for a striker fired pistol much more of what you'd expect from a 1911 than any striker mechanism I've fired.

It wasn't as accurate as I had hoped, it shot consistently low with 115 FMJ's didn't have anything heavier to try. Recoil was mild, tamed it well and the sight picture was excellent for my old eyes and bi focal's. No idea why that front sight is so tall on it, reminds me of some of the early S&W 3rd gen auto's that shot low at closer ranges. It's not picky on trigger finger placement like I would find on my Glocks, it shoots straight just low but the groups were tight.

No problems or function issues at all, it ran 100% for several hundred rounds.

Not sure I'd spend the money for one? My Springfield stainless RO will outshoot it all day long for a little less coin, a front sight change may yield much better results.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've done a little in store handling of the firearm. I waited and waited and waited and waited for it to hit the streets and have been underwhelmed.

Having looked at two I can say that the finish work is nice, NIB operation is smooth and the trigger is, well, different. It isn't a tuned 1911 trigger but its far better than a typical striker fired gun. The geometry does a good job of giving it a sort of 1911 feel. The firearm sits in the hand like a railed 1911. Noticeably front heavy with anything but a full mag. Aesthetically, I think it looks better in person.

Plenty of youtube reviews of the firearm in action. Hickok45 says it well in his video that it just kinda sits in between the striker fired poly guns and 1911 guns without totally been superior to either. It is an example of out of the box engineering and, IMHO, was well executed.

I like it but for $1100+, I'll pass. For now, anyway....I could change my mind. $899 would be a better price.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've held a couple in shops but have not shot one yet. My impressions follow mcapo's above. It is nicely done and if I had the spare cash, I'd consider one just because it's that interesting. The price, while not out of line for the workmanship, is higher than my interest level though.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I have to agree with the price I’m hoping that’s just the initial mark up with it just hitting stores. It gets under the 1k mark I may be getting a little more serious. From what I’ve seen online it seems like a well put together firearm. I emailed the company awhile back to see if they had plans for other calibers in the future. Here’s what they said..

“Our flagship model is in 9mm. As a true startup, we have to sell enough of the 9mm to have R&D dollars to create other calibers. Thank you for your interest!”

really like to see a .45 acp version personally.

I may nose around some gun shops this weekend and see if anyone has gotten one in yet. Really like to see and feel it in person.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have to agree with the price I’m hoping that’s just the initial mark up with it just hitting stores. It gets under the 1k mark I may be getting a little more serious. From what I’ve seen online it seems like a well put together firearm. I emailed the company awhile back to see if they had plans for other calibers in the future. Here’s what they said..

“Our flagship model is in 9mm. As a true startup, we have to sell enough of the 9mm to have R&D dollars to create other calibers. Thank you for your interest!”

really like to see a .45 acp version personally.

I may nose around some gun shops this weekend and see if anyone has gotten one in yet. Really like to see and feel it in person.
    I saw one at The Outdoorsman and also down at IGC at Atterbury

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got some trigger time in with one over the weekend, good friend bought one and the weather was finally nice enough to get out for a few hours.

I liked the way it fit's the hand, grip and checkering is nicer than some of the better 1911's out there and the trigger is very good for a striker fired pistol much more of what you'd expect from a 1911 than any striker mechanism I've fired.

It wasn't as accurate as I had hoped, it shot consistently low with 115 FMJ's didn't have anything heavier to try. Recoil was mild, tamed it well and the sight picture was excellent for my old eyes and bi focal's. No idea why that front sight is so tall on it, reminds me of some of the early S&W 3rd gen auto's that shot low at closer ranges. It's not picky on trigger finger placement like I would find on my Glocks, it shoots straight just low but the groups were tight.

No problems or function issues at all, it ran 100% for several hundred rounds.

Not sure I'd spend the money for one? My Springfield stainless RO will outshoot it all day long for a little less coin, a front sight change may yield much better results.

I shot a friends, very nice pistol to shoot but his shot low as well, the front sight cut is a S&W M&P so it's easily remedied if need be.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Matt on Demo Ranch did a pretty good review on it.

[video=youtube_share;icUkrcPFX4g]http://youtu.be/icUkrcPFX4g[/video]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do find these to be more and more interesting. Sure, it's a high price but it really would be adding something different to a collection.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I played with one for a few minutes a week or two ago and was quite intrigued by how it felt, for a double stack gun if felt quite small in the hand. It was front heavy though, although unloaded without a magazine. It definitely points different than anything else I’ve held or shot and sits extremely low in the hand. All in all I’m rather intrigued by it, but don’t have the extra money right now to spend on it. I would be even more intrigued if they make it in other calibers, but would also like to shoot one too. If they come down from selling for MSRP I’d consider getting one eventually, but I’d also like to see how well they do long term with some high round counts through them.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hoosier armory in Noblesville had two last time I was there, interesting design but don't want to spend that kind of money and turn out a piece of junk. Having so many options this days makes new designs like the H9 to struggle to make it.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Hoosier armory in Noblesville had two last time I was there, interesting design but don't want to spend that kind of money and turn out a piece of junk. Having so many options this days makes new designs like the H9 to struggle to make it.

I think demo ranch hit it good in the video. It got a lot of hype but its nothing that's out of this world, but at the same time you'll be happy with your purchase. stepping into that $1000-1100 range you have A LOT of other good options out there. I mean you're talking Kimber and glock MOS with MRDS range. That is a price range I personally really don't venture much into when it comes to handguns, easier to do those prices in the long gun world for me anyways.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I've put 200 rounds of 115g Federal brass down the pipe of a rental. Ultra quick review
    1.5" groups at 10 yards
    Sight picture is fine if you just cover your target with the red ball. As in PoA is PoI, in my experience
    The gun is slick AF, none of the serrations or checkering do *****
    The mags are sharp and they drag on the internals. I cut through my calloused thumb while loading mags. There's wear marks all over the mags as well
    Recoil feels like 9mm *shrug*
    The range example was a complete lemon. Dozens of malfunctions.
    I still think it's cool, and I've talked to the owner on Facebook. He's johnny-on-the-spot with concerns. However, I don't think it's a finished product worth 1k of my hard earned money

Top Bottom