• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    As you know I traded my prized S/W M/P Shield .45 that I loved, but I never intended to keep it long-term.
    I traded it with some cash coming my way for a Taurus model 94, SS, 4", 22LR
    I was happy and so was the other: thunderchicken.

I am to buy a Taurus Tracker 990 22LR 4" SS this Saturday, which means I'll probably be selling the model 94 I just traded for (therefore "trading" in my mind,
    and that is the story for the wife :dunno: ,
    but I always end up confessing everything eventually: after I get cash from selling another after buying one). :laugh:
    Also, I might part with my Taurus 22 magnum: a big huge SS monster with a longer barrel that I love (except is is a magnum shell expense, but I love it so much........)
    All this to pay for what I wanted last summer: the big heavy Taurus 22LR, altough I wanted a longer barrel,
    but live is full of compromises and I enjoy the journey getting there.
    Just like last summer I wanted to spend the "big bucks" getting a S/W 617 22LR: big huge range gun,
    but I ended up saving $100 (additional $40 price drop sucked me in AT Hoosier Armory) by buying the Ruger GP100,
    and after shooting both (rental of Smith),
    the Smith is off my radar now: don't need it b/c of the Ruger (it does the same in my mind).

Someone selling a Taurus 85 Airweight (what is it with all these Tauruses lately? :ugh: but no semi-automatics ever b/c of the only 2 I ever had, had to be sent back) SS, 2", J frame, with a hammer (my Smith 642 is hammerless).
    I have it in my mind I would like to have a hammer, but not willing to pay the $350 new plus tax at Hoosier Armory,
    after buying my 642 new for $300 (Cabelas) and didn't really need it (have my other bigger Smith 64 series one for the range, and home protection).
    But, someone selling one is willing to trade for my beloved prized Beretta 950 tip-up barrel .25 caliber.
    I love it (had one back in the late 80s) but since I have the Beretta .32 it puts into question how many small tip-ups does a person need. :dunno:
    I don't mind keeping a .22 caliber tip-up (have Taurus and Beretta), but need to get rid of one of them (I want stainless anyway).
    We are to meet sometime (more difficult with his work and my appts.) to see if trading his Taurus revolver for my Beretta .25 plus some cash is to both our liking.
    Funny, but it is huge for me to give up one of my favorite guns (b/c of the past), but since I have a choice of "a few" CC guns, there does come a point of "hard decisions" b/c you I don't want to have $XX tied up in guns but 1/2 $XX or even 1/4 $SS, but I'll get no sympathy here on a gun forum. :lmfao:

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Remember asking how you delete a post and CM said you cant, but you can edit it?

That's what a period is. A deletion of a post. Ingo won't allow you to delete it all the way, so many just remove the text, and add a period.

Btw, has your wife made your bed on the couch yet? :) You are a buying, selling, trading machine!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Don't feel too bad. It's only Wednesday. You have time to get that number up.

Since Saturday, I have bought two guns and a scope; so, no, you will not find much sympathy in a room full of fellow addicts.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Remember asking how you delete a post and CM said you cant, but you can edit it?

That's what a period is. A deletion of a post. Ingo won't allow you to delete it all the way, so many just remove the text, and add a period.

Btw, has your wife made your bed on the couch yet? :) You are a buying, selling, trading machine!

1. That was my mistake, trying to delete all the words: lesson learned!

If the Shield was your loved and prized possession, why did you plan on keeping it short term and trading it?

2. Price: it wasn't on my radar but I'll buy anything for the right price, just to play with then sell at no cost to me.
    3. I unexpectedly liked it so well and it was not much bigger than my Shield 9mm, I thought about keeping it for a carry, but it didn't work in my ankle carry and my 9mm Shield barely works: that's when I knew the 45 was gone.
    4. Didn't plan on trading it: that just fell into my lap.

Don't feel too bad. It's only Wednesday. You have time to get that number up.
    Since Saturday, I have bought two guns and a scope; so, no, you will not find much sympathy in a room full of fellow addicts.

5. Too much truth in that! :ugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You’ve been a busy man!

1. Gun safe delivered tonight and "installed."
    2. Arranged a time to trade out one of my Beretta tip-up barrels with cash for a Taurus 85 5 shot SS Airweight revolver (w/hammer) tomorrow in Greenfield. (saw in on Armslist late last evening)
    3. Going to buy a Taurus Tracker 990 22LR SS 4" up below South Bend (2.5 hrs. one way).
    I wouldn't drive that far but I have wanted that gun since last May.
    I would prefer the 6" barrel, but I'll take what I can get and I can always trade/buy/sell later if I find one.
    4. Put my beloved Ruger SR 1911 Gov't. model, SS, 5" barrel w/5 mags and a box of ammo up for sale here and Armslist this evening.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Bet your wife is glad she's not a gun!

That made me chuckle.

Nothing wrong with making a lot of trades, my wife sure wishes I'd trade instead of just buying every decent priced gun I find or accepting one in trade in exchange for work :):
    Running out of room in the 2nd safe!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That made me chuckle.

Nothing wrong with making a lot of trades, my wife sure wishes I'd trade instead of just buying every decent priced gun I find or accepting one in trade in exchange for work :):
    Running out of room in the 2nd safe!!

1. 2nd safe? Yes, I'll pass on how lucky my wife is, but I doubt it will score any points! :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have an appt. at 3:30 in Greenfield to trade my beloved Beretta .25 for the Taurus 85 (with cash coming my way) , stainless steel (only reason buying it, besides price below norm, plus it has a hammer).
    I remembered last evening that I had bought ammo for it and had not had time to use it up.
    I had 1 partial boxes so I put them in one box (only 10 shells short of a full box) and told him he got those free, but if he wanted to buy the 3 boxes I has left it would be
    $12/box (.24/round). I think I'm losing a couple of dollars on each box, I can't remember whether I got those on sale online of bought at the store or even in a larger ammo buy I'd done in the past: PMC brand.
    I was willing to lose a few bucks and the buyer get them rather than try to sell 3 boxes for a "specialty" round like the .25 caliber.
    What I need are some 38 specials.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Vigilant I see what you did there...a busy week for me too, I found on Armslist a Glock-19 gen 3 As New In Box, for $380, got it for my wife. Next day I picked up a 2.5 gen G-27 MCSD Roll Marked again as new no box that as a young Deputy I could not at that time (1996) afford. I am happy for you, I am happy for me.
    At the range this afternoon I shall be happier.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Top Bottom