• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Received a box from midway today :D and thought I would share this build with the forum.

I want a reliable hd pistol that will accept my suppressor now that I have a baby in the house. The first ar15 I put together was a budget built 300blk that turned out to be a tack driver, and a lot of fun. I could use it, but I wanted the versatility of a pistol. I am thinking that I may turn this into a folder using the LAW system, but that may wait until my wallet cools down from the spending spree I've been on for this build so far. I am sure some things will change as I get into this build but it will start out fairly straightforward.

This build being a hd based build I want to keep with no or fixed low magnified optics, simple mil spec trigger, nothing shiny, suppressed, with a bright *$% light.

Base parts I received today include a seekins lpk, ar stoner 7.5" handguard, faxxon 7.5" barrel, yhm gas block, KAK brace and buffer tube, magpul rubberized grip, odds and ends, and I will be topping it off with a Vortex Spitfire 1x optic for now. I have a few extra bcg's so I'll just pull one from the spares for this build.

I did cheap out on the handguard and I am afraid I will regret it. It is easy enough to change so I'll run it for a while and reassess the situation after break in. I am also not locked in on the optic. I have an eotech sitting on my other ar pistol that may find it's way onto this one, or I may try something else like a trijicon srs. I'll keep an eye on the classifieds to see if something different grabs my attention.

The upper and lower on order from Vision Defense are cerakoted od green, the brace is od, the grip is od, the trigger guard is od, so I will need to get the handguard coated. Should be a fun pistol once it is all put together. I have a slight obsession with od green, it seems more fitting to Indiana than fde.

I have an 800 lumen inforce that may find its way onto this pistol, but have also been tossing around the idea of a viridian light/laser combo. I'm nearly blind without corrective lenses which could make for trouble with just an optic and a light. I can see the green laser easily without glasses. I will be training with this pistol at 5 feet to 50 yards (my house has zero 50 yard shots, but you never know). So I should be able to dial a laser in somewhere around 15 yards and have a good reference of point of impact with or without glasses.

I will update with pictures as parts arrive and assembly begins. It is always fun opening a box from midway.

fekVYkr.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    That sentinel concepts bad is the reason I want a folder. I really like tuff products, so much so that I bought the tactical diaper bag lol, wife wasn't impressed.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    That sentinel concepts bad is the reason I want a folder. I really like tuff products, so much so that I bought the tactical diaper bag lol, wife wasn't impressed.
    LOL!.... The very first part I bought for my build was the Law Tactical. The hole point of that build was for it to go everywhere I went. I even bought the bag before it was done.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I got a LAW Tactical Folder just so I’d have an excuse to build a AR pistol. I like it so far. Only a few rounds through it though, built it for a fun gun to tinker with having an AR pistol

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have already changed my mind on the handguard... These things have a way of getting more expensive as I wait for parts to arrive lol. I called up Dave Lauck of DLSports (he built my arsenal slr ak) and ordered one of his hanguards. I'll get it cerakoted od when my BMag build gets coated. I've got a few irons in the fire right now lol. I'm probably going to end up with a little brother to the ak he built for me, kind of fitting that it is the American baby 30 as opposed to the baby Russian 30.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for an optic, I may just go with another trijicon mro to match the arsenal that much more.

Here is a photo of the handguard, it was adapted to the ak in this picture
    lWzE2k5.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ok so waiting on my receivers did get expensive. I ended up picking up a POF Dictator adjustable gas block, awesome units. The shop also had a nice new MI bcg, so that went home with me as well. I also ended up ordering a different handguard, but now there is a dilemma. The new handguard is beefy as hell and will not accommodate the dictator. The YHM gas block should work just fine, but but but it's not as nifty. I have thought of getting the die grinder out and channeling out the top of the new handguard... I have another week or so to choose, the lower and upper were returned to sender because they dyslexiced the address.

IDK here is a picture of the cheaper (but lighter) handguard that works with adjustable gas block
    YZnpAbO.jpg

and here is the oh so sexy handguard that I'd really like to use
    ksDrAKO.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well the upper is mostly together, I still need to get a forward assist and charging handle on it. My FFL's computers went down, so apparently they cannot process 4473's.... This build has been plagued with set backs. Ended up using the cheaper keymod handguard to accommodate the gas block I chose. MI bolt, Faxxon 7.5", seekins flash hider I'll swap it out with a break compatible with my suppressor once the stamp comes through. Topped off with an aimpoint micro h2.

DFQSFFs.jpg

9FTyH4J.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Handles just like my 45acp AR pistol only more reliable. Subsonic rounds run great with very little recoil. I'm hoping for at least 4 or 5 inch groups with a can on it. We'll see when I get my stamp tho.

Top Bottom