• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    walther made ppk/s 32cal.,S&W 631 32 H&R MAGNUM , nickle S&W 36 no dash, and another 1903 colt 32 cal. made 1920
    XNnl64j.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    looks like some one's asking for company!

knock knock, who's there? atf....atf who?....atf want to make sure you're buying those and they're not straw purchases!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    looks like some one's asking for company!

knock knock, who's there? atf....atf who?....atf want to make sure you're buying those and they're not straw purchases!

I've talked to a couple of field agents and they get PO'd when their accountants who know nothing about firearms has them go check on multi purchases like these...One of my regulars is a Winchester collector and they showed up at his door one day asking about the purchases he had made and he started hauling out model 1890's, model 67's, model 37's in 410 and 28 gauge and he said the agent just said, "Stop right there buddy...I've seen enough..I am so sorry..." He then called the office and you could hear him ripping someone a new one...IIRC the call went a little like this...

"Yeah...Lot's of Chicago drive bys with Winchester 1890's and $2000 dollar 28 gauge single shots.....TELL ME WHAT THE GUNS ARE BEFORE YOU SEND ME OUT!!! Ten hipoints or Raven's in a week? Yeah..I can see that...BUT A f-ng Winchester collection???? C'mon people..."

He apologized to my customer and left....

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've talked to a couple of field agents and they get PO'd when their accountants who know nothing about firearms has them go check on multi purchases like these...One of my regulars is a Winchester collector and they showed up at his door one day asking about the purchases he had made and he started hauling out model 1890's, model 67's, model 37's in 410 and 28 gauge and he said the agent just said, "Stop right there buddy...I've seen enough..I am so sorry..." He then called the office and you could hear him ripping someone a new one...IIRC the call went a little like this...

"Yeah...Lot's of Chicago drive bys with Winchester 1890's and $2000 dollar 28 gauge single shots.....TELL ME WHAT THE GUNS ARE BEFORE YOU SEND ME OUT!!! Ten hipoints or Raven's in a week? Yeah..I can see that...BUT A f-ng Winchester collection???? C'mon people..."

That's outstanding...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Walt,
    From the title, I thought you were complaining about the time the 4473 check took this past week.
    I was going to take some of the blame, seeing as how I picked me up another dandy new lever gun.

Looks to me though that the shoe's on the other foot.
    Looks like it was YOU that made MINE take so long! :stickpoke:

Congrats on your newest acquisitions.
    That .32 Pocket Hammerless is a thing of beauty.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

we have a customer, probably our best customer, has bought hundreds of guns from us.....but only owns 1, he buys one, then trades it back to us the next day! new unfired in the box, and if we don't have anything, hes got a list of people he'll call, to sell them too, I got into a argument with him once over a glock 19C, I was at work looking at it, he walked in, and asked how much is that, I replied, its not for sale, I'm buying it, he said "I see how you are cherry picking the guns" I replied, it was yours!, he said I never owned it, I took him the computer and showed him that he brought it in the week before!, we've gotten calls from the atf saying you've messed up on the multiple hand gun sale form, you've got the same gun listed twice, and we have to explain yes he's bought it twice in a week, his record is 5 times, one time he bought the same glock 26 5 times! he's nuttier than squirrel turdz!

he bought a glock 19 once, brought it back the next day because he couldn't get the factory copper colored grease off the frame where a little spot had oozed into the takedown lever slot!, we got into a little "discussion" about a charter arms pathfinder revolver, it was convertible from 22 to 22 mag, and the book said you have to change a little Teflon washer everytime you change the cylinder, and it only came with 6 he said it wasn't enough washers, the owner of the shop tried to explain it to him, that no you only need to change them when they tear or fall apart, the customer wasn't buying that! I asked him "how often are you going to change the cylinder?....he said never! (did I mention he's a squirrel?)...one last story about him and I'm done (I have hundreds though), we had a used fnx9 great shape, 3 mags box paperwork looked unfired from the outside, but the barrel looked a little dirty, but the squirrel came in looking at it for 3 weeks, so I grabbed it and ran patch thru it and damn it looked brand new, so I sat it behind the counter, when he came in he asked why it was behind the counter, I said "I'm thinking about buying it, this thing is like new and only 375!" he said with a dejected look on his face "I was thinking about buying it" I said go ahead (I was messing with him anyway)......3 hours later he called a friends cell phone asking if he knew my cell number, (the friend happened to be in the shop) and said he'd sell it to me for 325.00! (did I say he's a squirrel?)

why am I saying this? because the atf knocked on his door once making sure he's not straw purchasing them, he told the what happens, they came to us, and we told him the same thing, now when the atf dispatch agents to his house, the agents say whats going on and "we're not going to his house"

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    we have a customer, probably our best customer, has bought hundreds of guns from us.....but only owns 1, he buys one, then trades it back to us the next day! new unfired in the box, and if we don't have anything, hes got a list of people he'll call, to sell them too, I got into a argument with him once over a glock 19C, I was at work looking at it, he walked in, and asked how much is that, I replied, its not for sale, I'm buying it, he said "I see how you are cherry picking the guns" I replied, it was yours!, he said I never owned it, I took him the computer and showed him that he brought it in the week before!, we've gotten calls from the atf saying you've messed up on the multiple hand gun sale form, you've got the same gun listed twice, and we have to explain yes he's bought it twice in a week, his record is 5 times, one time he bought the same glock 26 5 times! he's nuttier than squirrel turdz!

he bought a glock 19 once, brought it back the next day because he couldn't get the factory copper colored grease off the frame where a little spot had oozed into the takedown lever slot!, we got into a little "discussion" about a charter arms pathfinder revolver, it was convertible from 22 to 22 mag, and the book said you have to change a little Teflon washer everytime you change the cylinder, and it only came with 6 he said it wasn't enough washers, the owner of the shop tried to explain it to him, that no you only need to change them when they tear or fall apart, the customer wasn't buying that! I asked him "how often are you going to change the cylinder?....he said never! (did I mention he's a squirrel?)...one last story about him and I'm done (I have hundreds though), we had a used fnx9 great shape, 3 mags box paperwork looked unfired from the outside, but the barrel looked a little dirty, but the squirrel came in looking at it for 3 weeks, so I grabbed it and ran patch thru it and damn it looked brand new, so I sat it behind the counter, when he came in he asked why it was behind the counter, I said "I'm thinking about buying it, this thing is like new and only 375!" he said with a dejected look on his face "I was thinking about buying it" I said go ahead (I was messing with him anyway)......3 hours later he called a friends cell phone asking if he knew my cell number, (the friend happened to be in the shop) and said he'd sell it to me for 325.00! (did I say he's a squirrel?)

why am I saying this? because the atf knocked on his door once making sure he's not straw purchasing them, he told the what happens, they came to us, and we told him the same thing, now when the atf dispatch agents to his house, the agents say whats going on and "we're not going to his house"

Sounds like the shop probably makes some good money "renting" him guns. Most shops I know, buying and trading at the same shop would break the bank account pretty quickly.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sounds like the shop probably makes some good money "renting" him guns. Most shops I know, buying and trading at the same shop would break the bank account pretty quickly.

he was our best customer (he's retired now, and doesn't buy nearly as many guns anymore) and yes, he's lost a fortune on renting guns (did I mention that he's a squirrel)

in fact most of the employees who worked there kept a couple hundred in their wallets just in case he came in to sell a gun (they'd buy it out from under the shop). and a few shops in the area take advantage of him, a few weeks ago, he came in with a gen3 glock 17 he wanted to trade in, he said its got new ameriglow sights on it, I took in into the closet, and they were about 1/2 way dead, I told him to quit buying guns at b**** & j****, they lie to people, he said how did you know I bought it there?, I said cause they lied to you! he said how do you know!, I replied 2 reasons, 1 these sights are at least 5 years old, they aren't as bright as the should be, and 2 they aren't ameriglow....you can tell because of the word glock stamped on them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. One of the best stories I've read here in my short tenure since May! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom