• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I recently sold my G19 gen4 because it just didn't fit my hands, I search for a replacement and rented several guns and decided to go back to a G17 but this time a gen5. The G17 gen5 frame feels better in my hands and after my first range trip I confirm just that, this time around I just replace the sights and connector and very happy with the decision. During my range trip I did not experience accuracy issues and it's plenty combat accurate, the Glock 17 gen5 has my confidence that will fulfill the role of self defense tool.

GunErgy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Westfield
    I prefer the finger grooves on the Gen 4. They fit my hand perfectly, but I could see how if they didn't hit just right they would be annoying.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've wanted to try a Glock for years, and did not because the finger grooves bothered me. I was going to try a gen 5 when I read about the rough texture of the Vickers edition and how many people liked it. I remembered the cheap feel of the plastic frames also kinda bothered me so I picked up a Vickers 17, (here on INGO, they have other improvements as well) and did an undercut on it hoping it would move my hand up enough to align the grooves. It did, and I'm very happy with it. Still the gen 5 was gonna be my last hope for a Glock except maybe one of those aftermarket frames...

vugger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I prefer the finger grooves on the Gen 4. They fit my hand perfectly, but I could see how if they didn't hit just right they would be annoying.

I do as well. I thought I would prefer the frame not to have the finger grooves, but I actually prefer the Gen4 frame to the Gen5.

Jeffforpresident

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Nov 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Hey just wondering what you thought of the bottom part that is cut out for mag strips when shooting, if it bothers you or not. I have a g19 gen 4 and I've been thinking of sanding down the finger grooves to get a better purchase. Especially on the bottom finger stop where the magazine fits in. I really need to shoot a g17 to see if my hand fits on it better.

jt1975

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Whiteland
    My gen 5 is a 19x so I do get a full grip without issue. The standard Gen 5 19 I am not sure about yet. My gen 4 is great without the finger grooves and added a magpul magwell to top it off. I have a gen 3 agency arms 19 with their magwell and is great also, will be put into EDC rotation when my rmr comes in and get some range time.

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    I’ve been thinking of trying one to see. But I like my Gen 4s with the finger grooves. But then again, all I know is all my Glocks have had fingers grooves. Maybe without would be better. Just accustomed to them by now.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I have two 4th Gen Glock 19 pistols. I'm not convinced the 5th Gen is enough different to warrant any changes on my end. Even though I dislike Glock Knuckle quite a lot.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I really dislike the cut out in the mag well on gen 5’s. The 17 isn’t too terrible, but on the 19 it ruins the grip for me. I have two gen 4’s and like them a lot. No changes or updates needed for me.

Hey just wondering what you thought of the bottom part that is cut out for mag strips when shooting, if it bothers you or not. I have a g19 gen 4 and I've been thinking of sanding down the finger grooves to get a better purchase. Especially on the bottom finger stop where the magazine fits in. I really need to shoot a g17 to see if my hand fits on it better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I really dislike the cut out in the mag well on gen 5’s. The 17 isn’t too terrible, but on the 19 it ruins the grip for me. I have two gen 4’s and like them a lot. No changes or updates needed for me.

Haven't shot a Gen 5 but have handled both the 19 and 17 several times. Like you I notice the cutout quite a bit on the 19 and some on the 17. No plan to buy either at this point or sell my Gen 4. Never paid any attention to the finger grooves on older Glocks, but since shooting more M&P's these days I do get a better grip without the grooves............go figure !

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just bought a Gen 5 Model 19 today.
    It's actually my first 9mm Glock of any kind since I first bought a Glock 25+ years ago.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a G19 Gen 5 and really like it. Anyone wanting to try one out give me a PM and maybe we can meet at Marion County Fish and Game for a bit for a test drive.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just shot my new Glock 19 Gen 5 for the first time about 1/2 hour ago.
    Ran 5 pre-loaded magazines (75 rounds) through it at a steady rate one right after another and it functioned flawlessly.

Top Bottom