• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Haven't shot the carry gun lately. Went to take the barrel out to plunk test a new batch of reloads. Duh...

vj0OjkO.jpg
    SoSiwhG.jpg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They definitely pick up a lot of dust and dander when carried a lot and shot little. I'll confess I've encountered the same a time or to myself.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    And? It's a carry gun, if it can't handle a little lint, dust, skin cells, hair, etc. then you need to sell it and get something that will.

Your pistol (99% of pistols) was designed to go through MUCH worse than a little dust

Should have just shot a mag through it and would have "cleaned" it out good enough

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have gotten into the habit of wiping down my guns inside and out as a pass time while watching a ball game or some other show. Before then my EDC would look just like everyone else's, filthy and full of lint. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had worse happen. A couple summers ago I carried a Shield most of the summer. Towards Fall, I went to clean it and when I went to drop the mag I couldn't depress the mag release. It had rusted completely solid due to a summer's worth of sweat. After that I realized that anything being carried close to the skin needed to be cleaned every couple of weeks or so, or at least oiled frequently in spots.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I still don't see any real debris. Realize it's not quite the same, but one of the regular shooters at our Conservation Club told me he goes several thousand rounds between cleanings with his S&W revolver. Looking at the burnt powder on his hands gave me no reason to doubt him....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Meh.... I carry a John Moses Browning design of 1911. Dirt ain't going to bother it.

I would clean that Glock though... maybe carry it in a sandwich baggie or something to keep it from getting dusty.

:stickpoke:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I pocket carry my Kahr CM-9, in a holster of course. Even so, it accumulates fuzz and stuff. When I shoot it at the range, I always shoot it without any cleaning, right out of the pocket. So far, no malfunctions. That gives me confidence in the pistol!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Am I telling on myself if I admit to studying the pictures closely yet I wasn't able to figure out what was wrong until I read the comments.....

-rvb

Heh, I was waiting for you to come along. What was it, 20,000 rounds on your G34?

----------------------

An update:
    I shot the crap out of it. :)

After a couple hundred rounds, I was kind of amazed that the fuzz built up on the slide didn't all blow away. You could still push it around. :dunno: I'm gonna "choot it" some more here soon.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    An update:
    I shot the crap out of it. :)

After a couple hundred rounds, I was kind of amazed that the fuzz built up on the slide didn't all blow away. You could still push it around. :dunno: I'm gonna "choot it" some more here soon.

I'd either just wipe it down or hit it with some compressed air. Some of that stuff is not really in areas that it's going to blow out with shooting. That said, might as well shoot it if you are going to clean it anyway :ingo:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Heh, I put a 1911 in a ziploc bag when I go get in the hot tub. It makes firing a little awkward for the first couple of rounds, but keeps the water out.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Haven't shot the carry gun lately. Went to take the barrel out to plunk test a new batch of reloads. Duh...

So . . .

. . . ah . . .

. . . I got nothing.

Bet you could put the slide back on it and go through a case of 9mm without a malfunction.

Top Bottom