• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    With Browning ceasing production of the Hi Power, anyone else missing a Hi Power in their gun safe? While I have wanted one for many years, the high price tag has kept me from actually purchasing one. Now the price of new ones are really spiking. Used or clones seem to be the options.
    Anyone else lusting after a Hi Power or have one and love it?:cool:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have one that probably was from the 70’s. I doubt it has had more than a couple magazines put through it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I know I have at least three... picked them up long ago... when they were still reasonably priced and Tupperware guns were becoming all the rage.

Excellent pistols.... but then again it's from John Moses Browning so that goes without saying.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wanted to get one for a custom project but the prices they are at now just aren't worth it to me for an HP. Used ones used to be a dime a dozen now you don't see many used ones for sale and if you do they are either beat up imports or 800.00-1K. I've started to investigate those new Regent BR 9's that are coming in they even make one in SS, they look like pretty decent clones.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ahhh the HiPower. My favorite pistol of all time. The prices are only going to go up on real HiPowers, so whoever wants one should just get one, and the sooner the better.

Eo0Z4rx.jpg

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Again, should have bought one years ago.:ugh::ugh::ugh: I do have a nice BDM, that I enjoy. Guess I will just have to pony up the cash and get one.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I've wanted a Hi Power for years. Now that they have been discontinued and used prices rising, I guess I will have to wait a while and save up some more pennies. Interestingly, I did not see any Hi Power pistols for sale at the 1500 today.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've wanted a Hi Power for years. Now that they have been discontinued and used prices rising, I guess I will have to wait a while and save up some more pennies. Interestingly, I did not see any Hi Power pistols for sale at the 1500 today.

HiPowers are usually pretty rare at the 1500. I went to a lot of shows over the years specifically looking for HiPowers, and rarely saw any.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    A better pointing gun can not be found, IMHO. I've managed to accumulate a small pile of them and their clones over the years and am still not finished.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I have an Israeli police surplus FN Hi Power that I got a few years ago from Robertson Trading Post. It was about half the price of a nice looking used one in my area at the time. It's a little rough looking on the outside, but it's a sweet shooter. I would find it very hard to part with it.

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I've got a really nice one made in the late 1950s or early '60s--a Bavarian police contract gun with leather flap holster. My dad gave it to me as a gift when I received my Army commission a lifetime ago. It's a tack driver, but like all of these it is old school. Very precise, non-contrasting black sights make it hard to shoot in certain lighting conditions or a black silhouette target. But I'm glad I have it, and break it out every often for some range fun.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i will be totally honest with you, as a gun shop employee(1 day a week), in over 10 years, ive sold maybe 4, and 2 have been in the last month!, and another was over year ago, that one was from a guy whu had been wanting one, and had purchased a feg clone, and one week later brought it back and traded it on the hi-power!

one of the two i sold in the last month was to a couple from salem indiana, they'd driven to redbrush rifle range to shoot in the idpa match, they walked in and said do you still have the 3 hipowers that you posted on facebook? i showed them the 2 that were left, she picked the one she liked, and he said "does that mean i can have mine back now?

we have one left, and we've had more calls for hipowers in the last month than in the 10 years ive worked here!

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I wanted to get back in to a 1911 and sort of tinkered with the idea of one in 9mm but after getting my Mark 3 out of the safe and fondling the perfect 9mm I thought it would be a waste and bought a 1911 in .45.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have one. It's an old Mk2 if I remember right.
    I personally don't care for it.
    Out of the box, imo, one of the most over rated guns of all time.
    With a little work, I think it could be a really great gun.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have one. It's an old Mk2 if I remember right.
    I personally don't care for it.
    Out of the box, imo, one of the most over rated guns of all time.
    With a little work, I think it could be a really great gun.

Might you be thinking of the notoriously bad trigger found on most of the factory pistols? There is that, but by simply removing the magazine disconnect one can improve the trigger a great deal.

Top Bottom