• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I ventured to the range on Saturday to practice running drills drawing from concealment. Everything was going ok my accuracy was not up to where I wanted to be.
    Then I squeezed the trigger hammer fell nothing happened? It did fire on the second strike I thought well maybe it’s just a bad round. Switched ammo from Remington to CCI fire a few more drills. Then “click” again fired on the second strike. Check the brass yep light primer strikes.
    So my faithful Sig P250C failed me after over 3000 rounds without a single malfunction. Sending back to Sig for repairs. This pistol is my primary EDC so it’s kinda unnerving when it goes down.
    Moral of the story run your EDC on a regular basis or don’t be surprised when it goes click instead of bang!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Sounds like maybe a sear spring. I had the same failure on my P226. Similar symptoms. If I had investigated further, I could have repaired myself in 30 mins or less, but it was too new to mess with at the time. (Also about 3,000 rounds)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So I ventured to the range on Saturday to practice running drills drawing from concealment. Everything was going ok my accuracy was not up to where I wanted to be.
    Then I squeezed the trigger hammer fell nothing happened? It did fire on the second strike I thought well maybe it’s just a bad round. Switched ammo from Remington to CCI fire a few more drills. Then “click” again fired on the second strike. Check the brass yep light primer strikes.
    So my faithful Sig P250C failed me after over 3000 rounds without a single malfunction. Sending back to Sig for repairs. This pistol is my primary EDC so it’s kinda unnerving when it goes down.
    Moral of the story run your EDC on a regular basis or don’t be surprised when it goes click instead of bang!
    No, the moral of the story is, have more than one of your EDC guns! A failure due to parts breakage would not leave you in the lurch while your primary was being repaired.

ETA:Kirk already relayed the real moral of the story.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Is your 250 one of the ones that had trouble with light strikes?
    IF memory serves me correct some 250s had that same issue right out of the box. My memory is a bit cloudy 'cause it didn't affect me directly.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Half mile
    It’s one of the “revised” versions they were supposed to fix all of the issues from the early versions?

Yes Ford Tough the 250 still lives I don’t really care for striker fired pistols.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Half mile
    It’s one of the “revised” versions they were supposed to fix all of the issues from the early versions?

Yes Ford Tough the 250 still lives I don’t really care for striker fired pistols.
    How do you tell if it is the gun? I bought a batch of ammo recently. My Sig would not fire them first strike at all, second strike would every time.

Bburrows04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2018
    COLUMBUS
    No, the moral of the story is, have more than one of your EDC guns! A failure due to parts breakage would not leave you in the lurch while your primary was being repaired.

ETA:Kirk already relayed the real moral of the story.

I can agree with this. That's why at all possible I have more than one pistol. I would assume a spring kit for the whole gun wouldn't hurt anything.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I can agree with this. That's why at all possible I have more than one pistol. I would assume a spring kit for the whole gun wouldn't hurt anything.
    The best spare parts are another identical gun. The parts are prepackaged in a handy carrying case that also shoots.

Top Bottom