• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    S&W, Colt, CZ, Kahr, Browning, Ruger, and Beretta are all great in my book...

But I hate 99% of the products put out by Sig Sauer. A huge majority of my co-workers are drooling Sig fanboys. I also notice a lot of "Sig love" here on this forum. Am I the only one on INGO that feels this way?

The only Sig I ever wanted was a Sig P210. It is not practical, but l like the simplicity of the design.

sig-sauer-p-210-legend-kal.-9x19mm-5-8r.-ocel.-std-mier.-6745.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

But I hate 99% of the products put out by Sig Sauer. A huge majority of my co-workers are drooling Sig fanboys. I also notice a lot of "Sig love" here on this forum. Am I the only one on INGO that feels this way?

The only Sig I ever wanted was a Sig P210. It is not practical, but l like the simplicity of the design.

Nope. I have no desire to enter into owning anything Sig.
    No knock on the Marque but the designs just leave me cold.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I always thought they looked funky. Thought I would try a P938 to see what the hype was about. It sucked and was lucky to trade it off for a Glock 17.

Wont be buying from them again that's for sure.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm also not a big fan.

They don't fit my hand right and the trigger in a few models pinches the pad of my finder between trigger and trigger guard.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    SIG's don't feel right in my hand either, and it doesn't seem like a great surprise that different products made to fit in the hand feel differently to different people.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Owned a P226 Legion SAO and it was probably one of the nicest guns I've ever shot that hadn't had hundreds of dollars of custom work done to it. Great ergos, fantastic sights and one of the nicest out of the box triggers I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. I carried it for a year and it carried very nicely. The only downside of the gun and it was minor, was that is only had a 15 round capacity for a full sized gun. Everything else about it was fantastic. I still regret selling it every single day, but needed the cash. They are expensive guns, but worth every penny IMO.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Sig Sauer-ed huh?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Hate is a strong word Snoop but I've never understood the fascination some have with Sigs but (slipping on my fire suit) I feel the same about CZs. Nothing against them I just don't see any advantage :scratch: versus a Glock or M&P. Call me a dinosaur, I've been called worse.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hate is a strong word Snoop but I've never understood the fascination some have with Sigs but (slipping on my fire suit) I feel the same about CZs. Nothing against them I just don't see any advantage :scratch: versus a Glock or M&P. Call me a dinosaur, I've been called worse.

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&] / RSO[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT][COLOR=darkorange][FONT=&]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="]
    [/FONT][FONT=&]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT="]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&]Aron Bright[/FONT]

I struggle with some of the CZ designs myself. Huge fan of the 97 in .45 ACP as it is a manly chunk of steel. Not a hug fan of the 75 series. But I have 2 of them...???

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The triggers in CZ's, especially when cajunized, make all the difference. While I don't want to carry it, for various reasons, the trigger in my CZ 75 Compact is one of the best I've ever shot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The triggers in CZ's, especially when cajunized, make all the difference. While I don't want to carry it, for various reasons, the trigger in my CZ 75 Compact is one of the best I've ever shot.

The low center on the barrel, low recoil, sweet trigger when loved on and the Ergo's make the gun on the CZ.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Like any company, Sigs have their pros and cons. Some models are/were great. Some not so much. Everyone has things that are important to them and what those are will influence the guns they like.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I don't have a strong opinion on SIG either way. I bought an older West German made P6 and love it. Many years later I bought a P290RS and absolutely hated it. YMMV

Now CZ......I am almost a fanboy when it comes to those.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Sigs never did much for me, other than I still think the 226 and 229 elite stainless models are gorgeous. I sort of suckered myself into a 2022 once. I didn't keep it long. It never worked its way into my stash to fill a gap. Kind of my fault for not thinking that purchase through more carefully.

I've been a pretty loyal CZ fan since almost the beginning of my journey into becoming a firearms enthusiast. The stock sights aren't great, and the trigger is sort of OK out of the gate. You can go Cajun crazy on a CZ, but with just the basics of a new front sight and $50 in CGW parts (the ultra-lite kit), plus a little patience on the bench, a pretty good gun becomes a fantastic gun IMO. I've tried to like other brands and offerings, but outside of S&W wheel guns and a few 1911 models, it's been hard for me to bond with much outside of CZ's. I haven't handled a Sig yet that works as well for me as a CZ does.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I would consider myself an HK fanboy that appreciates Sigs. The two Sigs I love are the 226 SAO and the new P365. I guess I love the IDEA of them more than anything else. I've had two Legion SAOs. Love single action and the GrayGuns action is awesome coming from factory. Maybe I should just pick up a 9mm 1911/2011. And I love the capacity of the P365 out of such a little guy. 11 rounds out of something with a smaller footprint of my G43???? What's not to love about that?

With the innovation of their guns, suppressors, optics, it seems as though the CS side of things continues to slip with all the recalls/upgrades over the recent years. Maybe just too many irons in the fire. The continue to make things right, though. And hats off to anyone/company for their innovation.

Top Bottom