• ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Anyone have a Glock 43?
    What are your thoughts on them? Likes and dislikes ?
    I was checking one out today, might go back and pick it up this coming weekend

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone have a Glock 43?
    What are your thoughts on them? Likes and dislikes ?
    I was checking one out today, might go back and pick it up this coming weekend
    I have 2. If you are a Glock person, and carry/shoot other Glocks, and want a smaller gun with the same type of trigger, etc for times when you need to be as concealed as possible, get one.

On the other hand, if you are not into the Glock platform already you might look around at some options, like the Shield, Sig 365, and others before taking the plunge.

I like mine and carry it quite a bit, but until recently my primary larger guns for carry were Glocks as well.

The 43 is a great gun, no issues with mine, etc but again, there are others worth looking at and comparing to IMO, and then if you still go for the 43, you did so well informed.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    It's a great little pistol. I love mine.

However being honest look at the sig p365. 12 +1 capacity. Smaller. Comes with upgraded six xray sights. Great pistol. A little more expensive but worth it on pure capacity and better egos imo

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like some of you guys need to get together?
    :D I picked up my first G43 from another member here who didn't warm to his.

I bought my second G43 late last year. Sweet little guns that shoot as well as their big brothers.

Great BUG that could easily turn into the primary gun or arm others on the spot if needed.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Transitioned from the Shield, to the XDS, back to the Shield, and ended up the the G43. It was a great gun for almost 2 years of carry and about 1200 rounds without a single hiccup. Then the P365 came about, so.....

Seriously, though, if you are a Glock fan, it will definitely suit you well. It really was a great gun, but I just couldn't deny the capacity or size of the P365.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Transitioned from the Shield, to the XDS, back to the Shield, and ended up the the G43. It was a great gun for almost 2 years of carry and about 1200 rounds without a single hiccup. Then the P365 came about, so.....

Seriously, though, if you are a Glock fan, it will definitely suit you well. It really was a great gun, but I just couldn't deny the capacity or size of the P365.

Great carry gun with low print. Upgraded mine to trijicon sights. Shoots great for what it’s designed for. Pretty much my every day carry now. Shot several rounds multiple grains and weights. Not one problem. Buy with confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    TT has one for sale here in the classifieds , I bet it will not last the day.

Nice pistol we have two at our house, but my wife likes her G-42 .380 better, and I EDC a G-27, so ours are locked up, but the one in the classifieds is so tempting, I almost jumped on it.

Nice pistol whoever gets it.

Scouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Orlando
    My Son bought a 42 and a 43 for himself, and the same for me. Nice little guns. The sig P365 with the 10 round magazines? 1" wide! If I was looking for a pocket pistol, I think I would go that route. 12 round mag for spare.

But, as a dedicated holster person, on the frequent flyer instructor, belt, Glock 19 4th gen, TruGlo night sights.
    Same gun, same place, always. Spare mag, G17 one, full of NATO hardball. You never know when you need the ability to go through stuff.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Interesting thread for me to read since I'm open to another small 9mm.
    I tried the Glock 43 at the range last summer when I was trying to find that "perfect" small 9mm.
    I ended up after going through many small 9s, by either buying them to try out or renting, with the S/W Shield 9mm in 1st place and if I remember, the Glock 43 in 2nd place for me. I had a Walther that I loved, but it bit my middle finger, strangely enough, with the trigger guard.

At first, the Shield was "too big" for what I wanted for pocket carry but I have navigated toward more of ankle carry of which it is barely acceptable, but I usually carry a revolver anyway.

Even just for range fun I tried the larger S/W SD9VE, but to me in my unrefined mind, it had nothing on the Shield 9 for my shooting pleasure, so I didn't keep it long (thought I might get a 1911-style 9mm for fun or whatever: will check out range rentals).

The 365 is in my radar since is has been recommended, and the Sig 928.
    Here is a great comparison between the 43 and the 928:

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/glock-43-vs-sig-sauer-p938/

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I love my shield better. 43 will be getting sold
    Ditto, I carry a 19 but the only single stack 9 I have is a PC Shield. IMHO softer shooter than the 43, better trigger out of the box, better price and more capacity.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    G43s can be fussy about hollow point ammunition. I had a whole thread about trouble with mine a while back. It works fine with some brands, not others. I'm thinking of changing to a shield.

That's my only complaint however. It's a nice gun other than that and very easy to carry.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    TT has one for sale here in the classifieds , I bet it will not last the day.

Nice pistol we have two at our house, but my wife likes her G-42 .380 better, and I EDC a G-27, so ours are locked up, but the one in the classifieds is so tempting, I almost jumped on it.

Nice pistol whoever gets it.

Yep, he priced that really well and it went quick. I have 2 and I might have been tempted but it was already gone by the time I saw it.

Top Bottom