• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Yes, this is the 4.5" model with match barrel & trigger - 9mm - 19+1 - and would have had the very small Vortex Venom reflex red dot affixed on the slide.

(the OSP part of the deal - "Optical Sight Pistol")

Except....the Venom hasn't been delivered yet from Optics Planet. drat it.!

None-the-less, I took the new handgun and shot +60 rounds through her and her Red Fiber Optic front sight today in 35 degree windy conditions.

Easily as accurate as my CZ's (*75B, P-01, P-07, 97B*)

What a total hoot to shoot, especially fast..!!

Anybody else had the pleasure of planting freedom seeds with this iron??

A terrific gun, IMHO

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Ive shot the regular XD and XDM models in 9 and .45, super accurate and smooth. I wish I had shot it in a side by side comparison with other guns.
    Subjectively, they were great pistols, no doubt

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    In before the XD haters.

I am not really loyal to any particular brand but I like the Springfield XD's as much or better than anything else I own. I have a 4.5 inch barrel XDM9 that I really like. The XDS I am kinda luke warm on. :twocents:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I got my son a XD mod 2 with 4 inch in 9mm for college graduation present. I was highly impressed with how it shot and my son Is very proud of it. Actually I gave him the money and he bought it at Rural King.

He is holding off on getting a permit until he knows where he will wind up.

I wouldn’t mind carrying one of those myself.

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    I have put about 500-600 rounds through my osp 4.5”. It has a good trigger and a good red dot. My accuracy, with reading glasses eyes, is way better with the red dot.

The couple of things I have found are - an occasional fail to lock back is helped by +10% mag springs. And proactively replace the battery on the optic, I just ( after about 6 months) had the battery die. I must have left it on in the safe after the last range trip.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    5.25 9mm owner here. Very accurate and it's been reliable for me save for weak mag springs that wouldn't hold the slide open on an empty mag every time. They have been used quite a bit fir a 6 year old pistol so I put in the +10% Wolf springs. I did the recoil spring at the same time. It's in a Galco King Tuc hanging in a BioBelt as I type this.

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    I have the 4.5” and love it. Smooth trigger pull and great ergos. I liked it so much I bought the 3.8”. I just picked it up yesterday and will taking it to the range soon. I worry that I’ll like it as much as the 4.5” and then I’ll have to decide if I want to let one go. Great problem to have. Great firearms. I haven’t had any issues as far as jams or problems with mag springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have had the fail to lock back as well, however it was from riding the slide. It is easy to have your finger on the lock and cause that to happen.

Top Bottom