• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    Ok,time for a new pistol. Looking real hard at the sig legion 9mm in single action only. Anybody own this pistol and have any reviews before I take the plunge?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had one for about a year and it was a fantastic gun. Amazing trigger, phenomenal sights and great grips on an already good gun, the P226. I like the small details, like the way they undercut the trigger guard. I also loved the thumb safety, as it was easy to engage/disengage, without being too easy, very tactile and was comfortable to rest my strong hand thumb on, much like shooting a 1911. The Legion SAO was one of the most accurate guns I owned. I carried it in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard and even though it was a full sized handgun, it carried very well. I can't think of any downsides, other than the price. That said, even at the ~$1200 price, they are worth it. The only reason I sold mine is that I really needed the money and my best friend bought it so I get to shoot it on occasion if I want to... :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have one. It is really nice. Mine got to go out once, shot great, good trigger.... she lives in the safe now.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have one and shoot it regularly. I have probably 10,000 - 15,000 rounds down the pipe. Not a single failure. Not once!

Except... my sear spring broke fairly soon after I bought it (3,000 round mark???). That was a total failure however as opposed to a failure based on normal functioning.

I have fed every type of ammo through her, and she eats it like a champ.

Seriously accurate, and the ergonomics are perfect for my hand. I ride the thumb safety with my strong hand, and as @wtburnette states, the safety itself is very nice. It is easy enough to engage, but also has a firm click when engaging which inspires confidence. It is interesting that you can engage the safety when empty (and even without a mag) unlike a 1911, but I have to admit that I sort of like that feature as I find myself engaging the safety whenever I put it back in the holster, whether loaded or not.

It comes with the really great Sig Xray night sights, although I replaced them with LPA adjustable fiber optic sights:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...ht-set-sig-p220-225-226-228-steel-fiber-optic

The Grey Guns trigger is totally the best out of the box trigger that I have ever shot this side of a high-end 1911, and it makes all other gun's triggers feel like garbage (seriously).

This gun will spoil you, and it will be hard to settle for shooting an average gun once you spend some time with her.

Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    Thanks for the information. I went to friends house,ran 3 mags through his legion,and went and bought my own. 226 with the sig romeo. Very accurate right of the box .very impressed with the trigger and the iron sights that cowittness real nice with rx.

Top Bottom