• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    Looking to pick up a .22 lcr but keep hearing how bad the trigger is. I shoot quite a bit of DA revolver so I’m curious if it’s only atrocious to those not used to a heavy da pull

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I guess you just have to try it and see.
    My advice is to buy a trigger weight gauge. I bought one years ago it's not anywhere near "worn out " and it takes all the discussion(guess work) out of trigger weights.
    I think if you like shooting double action you expect to have a little bit tougher trigger.

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    The .22LR LCR trigger is disappointing vs. the .38 versions of the LCR. I was interested in one because you can get an otherwise nice pocket carry 8-shot for a reasonable price. Tried to like it and look past the heavy pull, but just could not warm up to it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've seen a few vids talking the 22LCR up. I've considered one to throw in the 10/22 TD bag as a package. If it's not possible to accurately shoot anything but man sized targets at close yardage its hardy useful though. I have no illusions that the 22LCR is a self defense gun.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    Kinda what I was planning on doing. Being so light it seems like a fun gun to put in the day pack. Found a s&w 43c at my lgs but it’s about $100 more than the lcr.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    My gauge tops at 10lbs and the LCR is way beyond that- at least 13lbs. It was pretty tough to aim with the factory ramp front sight. I replaced with with a fiber optic and that helped a little. Then I got the laser that molds into the front and if its dark enough to find it its a dream to shoot. That also makes it a pretty expensive package however.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    My mother just got a .22 mag LCRX and the double action trigger is...atrocious...to put it nicely. Single action is great, it is just the double action. I'm sure it will improve with use, but out of the box sucks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Looking to pick up a .22 lcr but keep hearing how bad the trigger is. I shoot quite a bit of DA revolver so I’m curious if it’s only atrocious to those not used to a heavy da pull

No, it really does suck. I've shot DA triggers (Revolver or DA/SA semi-autos) more than anything. I do not have an issue with a DA trigger in the slightest. The LCR rimfire is bad. Imagine a slight gritty and more stack-y Redhawk trigger, but heavier.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    No, it really does suck. I've shot DA triggers (Revolver or DA/SA semi-autos) more than anything. I do not have an issue with a DA trigger in the slightest. The LCR rimfire is bad. Imagine a slight gritty and more stack-y Redhawk trigger, but heavier.

So, only the best for rimfire LCR

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So, only the best for rimfire LCR

Yeah. I know it's the nature of rim fire to be a heavier trigger...but wow. The SP101 rimfire is heavy but smoother and, IMO, has a better break. The SP101 with wolf springs and the most basic of smoothing makes a very reasonable trigger. That's the direction I'd go (and did go) for a Ruger rimfire revolver. You gain a little weight, and I think they are more expensive by a decent margin so there is a trade off. I think it's worth it, though.

Top Bottom