• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I just received word that Glock is replacing a defective pistol and sending me a new one. The one I sent back had Talon Grips. Does anyone know if they have any allowance to replace such items or am I on my own?

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Figured as much. Not huge issue at $20. Really got me thinking what would happen if I sent one in with upgraded sights.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They would either install them on the new gun OR very least send them back in the box with the new gun

Yep, sights can be re-installed... Talon Grips are pretty much toast when they are removed.

Of course, you could always have the sights removed and the stock OEMs put back on before sending the gun in if you were concerned with the slide being potentially replaced.

Just curious, what was wrong with the gun that warranted a complete replacement?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Yep, sights can be re-installed... Talon Grips are pretty much toast when they are removed.

Of course, you could always have the sights removed and the stock OEMs put back on before sending the gun in if you were concerned with the slide being potentially replaced.

Just curious, what was wrong with the gun that warranted a complete replacement?

A friend had a Gen 3 34 that shot WAY left for everyone that tried it. He sent it back to Glock and even they were like "wow that's bad" sent him a brand new Gen 3 34. So they take care of legitimate issues.

He had Warren Tactical o. It and his new Glock came with his Warren's on it and let me tell you it shoots straight and true.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Glock will replace like-for-like for 'supported' configurations. If you had a stock gun with third-party aftermarket sights, they will reinstall on the new slide. If you had a stock gun with factory sights they'll replace with whatever the current factory equivalent of those sights are. If you had a custom milled slide or something like that, you'd get your optic back in a box along with a new original unmilled slide.

As an armorer, our guidelines - and the one they follow - are VERY specific. We are to restore the gun back to how it shipped from the factory. Only exception is if sights can be transferred we will, else it's as-shipped. If a gun was upgraded by an certified armorer those upgrades will be done to any replacement as well.

Stippling, grip modification, etc. are not supported and you're entirely on your own for any frame modifications.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A friend had a Gen 3 34 that shot WAY left for everyone that tried it. He sent it back to Glock and even they were like "wow that's bad" sent him a brand new Gen 3 34. So they take care of legitimate issues.

He had Warren Tactical o. It and his new Glock came with his Warren's on it and let me tell you it shoots straight and true.

Yep, I know Glock takes care of things, was just more curious than anything what warranted the entire pistol replacement, so thanks for the info. It is appreciated.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    The pistol failed to fire with light primer strikes 1-2x/100 shots. Glock said they were able to quickly reproduce the error and attributed the problem to the breach not milled enough (too thick), not allowing the striker to protrude far enough into the primer 100% of the time.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The pistol failed to fire with light primer strikes 1-2x/100 shots. Glock said they were able to quickly reproduce the error and attributed the problem to the breach not milled enough (too thick), not allowing the striker to protrude far enough into the primer 100% of the time.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm surprised they didn't just replace the slide, but better yet that they supplied a whole new gun.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Well, the new pistol showed up from Georgia this afternoon. They upgraded the new one to night sights. All good here!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, the new pistol showed up from Georgia this afternoon. They upgraded the new one to night sights. All good here!

Nice, glad to hear Glock took care of you, and thanks for reporting the outcome. So many only report the issue, but never come back and let us know the final outcome.

Top Bottom