• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    One of these days I'll try out a Cz, but i do own several of the mentioned Cz clones(Tanfoglio Witnesses) and absolutely love them. I dont think I'll ever part with them, thats how much i love the feel, accuracy, and reliability of them

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My education continues.
    Just getting started in my "Glock" phase after being in a SW and Ruger phase, with a little bit of this and that mixed it.
    I wonder how long to get to the Sig and CZ phases?
    So much to look forward to. :coffee:
    I read every word of the article.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think it's interesting how things in life cause people to "drink the Kool-aid". (I also wonder how many younger people know where that phrase came from).

I think CZ's are okay guns. I have one from their custom shop. Yeah, it's nice. But so are 1911's. And so are Sigs. In the end, they are a tool and like most tools, it is only optimized by the operator.

I bought mine partially because of all the Kool-aid drinkers expounding on how magical they are. And partially due to my nephew being a ranked competitive shooter who thinks they are " 1 DA shot to get through and sweetness after that." I haven't really warmed up to mine as I still prefer my 1911 but I should give it some more time before I pass judgement on it.

This year I'm going to focus on revolver so the CZ will sit in the safe, but maybe next year I'll put some time in it. (Unless I sell it, lol)

I don't drink any Kool-aid. I'm too stoic for that I guess. Been doing CrossFit for almost 2 years. Still haven't drunk the Kool-Aid. CZ's? Nope. 1911's? Nope. I figure what works for me, may not work for you. And visa versa.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think it's interesting how things in life cause people to "drink the Kool-aid". (I also wonder how many younger people know where that phrase came from).

I think CZ's are okay guns. I have one from their custom shop. Yeah, it's nice. But so are 1911's. And so are Sigs. In the end, they are a tool and like most tools, it is only optimized by the operator.

I bought mine partially because of all the Kool-aid drinkers expounding on how magical they are. And partially due to my nephew being a ranked competitive shooter who thinks they are " 1 DA shot to get through and sweetness after that." I haven't really warmed up to mine as I still prefer my 1911 but I should give it some more time before I pass judgement on it.

This year I'm going to focus on revolver so the CZ will sit in the safe, but maybe next year I'll put some time in it. (Unless I sell it, lol)

I don't drink any Kool-aid. I'm too stoic for that I guess. Been doing CrossFit for almost 2 years. Still haven't drunk the Kool-Aid. CZ's? Nope. 1911's? Nope. I figure what works for me, may not work for you. And visa versa.

We Koolaid drinkers applaud your balanced approach. At least you've heard the gospel so you can choose to die a heathen from an informed perspective.

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    No Kool-aid here, all I did was handle a Shadow 2 at the LGS do decide it is a must have. The second round after the DA first takes some getting accustomed too for sure.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We are living in a time of plenty right now. The problems we face are not in finding a great gun, but in picking from a sea of great guns. The three pillars of my modest collection are 1911s, CZs and Glocks. CZs outnumber the others by a large margin though, with 1911s coming in second. The beauty of the CZ platform is in how different they can be, yet how familiar at the same time. My high polish 75B feels very similar in the hand to my P01 and the function is identical. Yet, they are really at different ends of the spectrum in that one is a light weight carry gun with a rail and the other is a heavier target pistol that exists less to protect as it does to entertain. You can retain the same basic platform and still enjoy a variety of shooting experiences. Similar to how a Glock delivers a variety of carry options, yet all feel pretty much alike in the hand. A CZ does that but with several times the number of options that all feel familiar.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    We are living in a time of plenty right now. The problems we face are not in finding a great gun, but in picking from a sea of great guns. The three pillars of my modest collection are 1911s, CZs and Glocks. CZs outnumber the others by a large margin though, with 1911s coming in second. The beauty of the CZ platform is in how different they can be, yet how familiar at the same time. My high polish 75B feels very similar in the hand to my P01 and the function is identical. Yet, they are really at different ends of the spectrum in that one is a light weight carry gun with a rail and the other is a heavier target pistol that exists less to protect as it does to entertain. You can retain the same basic platform and still enjoy a variety of shooting experiences. Similar to how a Glock delivers a variety of carry options, yet all feel pretty much alike in the hand. A CZ does that but with several times the number of options that all feel familiar.

Yes, exactly ! So far, my collection is so modest that I only own two CZ's ..... a 75B Omega, and a RAMI. One is for carry, the other for home or range. But they both feel almost identical in the hand .... and they feel and fit so very well ! :yesway:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We are living in a time of plenty right now. The problems we face are not in finding a great gun, but in picking from a sea of great guns.

What a time to be alive, right?

If I had to start over 100%, I may not end up where I am now. There's a chance I'd be heavily invested in the VP9 platform or the Walther platform/s.

Dr_O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    My SP01 Tactical is without a doubt my most accurate semi-auto pistol.
    The trigger is a little mushy. Cajun Gun Works can fix that for a fee.
    I am hesitant to mess with it as it runs so good.

Will317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2016
    Beech Grove
    I bought a SP-01 tactical a couple years ago. I stupidly sold it. Definitely getting another one here soon. Didn’t realize how much I loved t until I didn’t have it anymore.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What a time to be alive, right?

If I had to start over 100%, I may not end up where I am now. There's a chance I'd be heavily invested in the VP9 platform or the Walther platform/s.

I know what you mean. I went through a bunch of lesser guns to get to what I have now. It would be nice to have skipped all of those, but then again, having owned a bunch of Bersa's and a PF9 makes me appreciate what I have now all the more.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I bought a SP-01 tactical a couple years ago. I stupidly sold it. Definitely getting another one here soon. Didn’t realize how much I loved t until I didn’t have it anymore.

I've had and sold two. One was the decocker version and one was the safety version. I didn't have the cash to get them cajunized and didn't like shooting them without having that done, so I sold them off. At some point, I'll pick one up, either fully cajunized, or I'll have the money to have it done. Some day. Until then I'll enjoy the cajunized 75 Compact I have :yesway:

Top Bottom