• ...and so much more!
  • apache67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Tipton
    Hey, Guys,
    I haven't posted much, so bear with me. I have a Browning Buckmark Camper that I bought brand new 20 years ago. I estimate that I have less than 500 rounds through it. I kind of "rediscovered" it recently and started shooting it again; then I remembered why I put it away so long ago. It feeds fine and is wonderfully accurate, however, the problem is that it jams in a weird way. It traps the case between the recoil spring guide rod and the top strap. There is very little room for it, but somehow the case gets forced up there. It happens about once every 20-30 rounds. I did a search (both here and on Google), but I haven't found anything about this type of issue. Has anyone run into this before? I seem to remember something about Browning having issues with the early Buckmarks' recoils springs. Was there a recall that I missed?

Here is what I did to troubleshoot the problem:
    Checked the guide rod and it is straight.
    Made sure all of the screws are tight.
    Made sure the gun is super clean.
    Replaced the extractor with one from Tandemkross (hardened steel).
    Tried many different types of ammo.

None of this helped. If there is anyone who has experienced this type of jam, and fixed it, I would love to hear from you.
    Thanks in advance.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Mine does that on rare occasion, definitely not every 20-30 rounds. Haven't narrowed it down to 1 particular issue, usually the rear sight being loose is the main one but you've checked that so that's not it.

Recoil springs and hammer springs are cheap, maybe a replacement for good measure?

Also, old style magazine or new style?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    That is usually caused by a broken or chipped ejector, its spring or the extractor is losing hold of the case before it gets kicked out of the port.

Top Bottom