• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Have a friend that bought a CZ Rami and wants some work done to it. He contacted CajunGun Works and they gave him the runaround. He wanted to send it to them and have all the work done. Can anyone point me to someone else local to Indy that does custom Cz work like Cajun? Thanks in advance

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My first suggestion would be ChurchMouse or AllenM. I don’t know if they work on CZs, but it certainly would not surprise me if they do.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Look up llh1956, "The Wizard". He's done quite a few CGW upgrades for members on this forum, and really knows how to make a CZ sing. He has upgraded two of mine, and to this day couldn't be happier with the results.

DasOmen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2018
    Avon
    Looking for opinions. Just bought a Shadow 2, I'm planning on using it for production class. What should my first few modifications/aftermarket/custom work be?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looking for opinions. Just bought a Shadow 2, I'm planning on using it for production class. What should my first few modifications/aftermarket/custom work be?

I am not sure what the triggers on those are like but I would look there. Also, are the rules in place to govern this.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Adjust the rear sight to your liking and put a few thousand rounds downrange while practicing.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

You should check out Cajun Gun Works site. Shadow 2 kit with 7510X Precision Match Barrel bushing $285, W/O bushing $225, and swap out the race hammer for the 10035 IDPA Production Legal Competition hammer.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Depends on how fussy you are. You will get a cleaner single action break with a CGW hammer &, it is optional, but I would also go with their adjustable sear. You can get less pre-travel with a CGW disco. You can drop the trigger weight with their competition firing pin & firing pin spring & a lighter hammer spring, if you reload & use Federal (soft) primers you can drop the d.a. weight all the way to sexy.

Many people are not real fussy & so they can get by with the gun as is or with only some of the tweaks. Polishing everything that rubs to a mirror shine is another thing to do, I can't remember off hand for sure but I think you can also knock 1/2# off that trigger with a CGW reduced power trigger return spring.

For production you can now dremel the mag well opening to maximum size with the recent rules change. I don't remember if I installed DSPerman extra power safety springs in that gun or not, but if you accidentally bump the safety on during a match it is a thing to maybe look into.

I had one for a while & I'm fussy & spoiled so I did all of the above to get it as good as my other CZ's, if you are not also obsessive compulsive maybe just shoot it and have fun :) .

EDIT: Must have been typing at the same time as Mr. Wizzard, I yield to him in all things CZ.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    You might try to reach CZ Top, he has a Shadow 2 with all the bells and whistles plus the bushing. I think he shoots competition down around Bloomington!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Since you asked . . .

Opinion: shoot it a lot in practice and in matches first, then consider what you want to do to improve it. You won't know what to address until you know what it is lacking in performance when you drive it.

I have a little experience in this area. I have a gun (not a CZ) that I know what I want done to it eventually, but I'm still shooting it to know for sure.

Top Bottom