• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I got to handle both of these guns yesterday and decided I would like to take one of them home. The SP01 isn't much more than the 75B so I was thinking about springing for the difference. This will replace my XDM 9mm 3.8 compact as a night stand gun, general back yard shooter, and would love to hit up a USPSA match with it.

Does anyone have recommendation for one over the other? I plan on getting a suppressor eventually, but am in no rush. I know my XDM works just fine, but I currently prefer hammer fired guns.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I’m a little confused by which 2 handguns you’re comparing. The SP-01 holds a few more rounds and will also have a full rail to mount a light on. The SP-01 has a tactical version which includes the decocker instead of a manual safety.

Now the other one which is likely to be a 75B, based off of your price, is the standard version. They also make a BD version which has a decocker.

Lastly, there is a 75 Tactical Sport but it is usually $300-$400 more than a SP-01.

With all that being said I have both and enjoy both. I think the SP-01 would be a much better fit for your intended purposes since it comes with night sights, added mag capacity, and a full rail.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Those magazines work in either gun. The SP01 comes with a couple of eighteens if I recall correctly and the 75BD comes with sixteens but you can use the higher capacity mags in any 75 variant.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    When I called the shop to verify the ID of the second gun they said it was a CZ75B Omega as well. Clearly I was drunk :)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I would go with the standard, unless you are planning on running a suppressor. Suppressor height sights get in the way, thread protectors loosen up and get lost, etc... I'm a big fan of the omega triggers tho.

Top Bottom