• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Yeah, those prices do look a bit high for sure. Maybe they are expecting a premium due to historical or sentimental value.

I'm not biting.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    That is what you say now, you will change your mind. 1050.00 is not doing anything for you in the bank. Start saving boys:):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    from the 1911 Information site:

CMP has priced the 1911 type pistols at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.
    Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.
    Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition.
    Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition.
    Auction Grade (Sales will to be determined by auctioning the pistol). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.
    The shipping cost is included in the price.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It will be interesting to see how fast these first 8000 move. The price is not out of line, but the complexity of the process is kind of off putting. I don't have an issue with the two NCIS checks since they don't want them coming back, but the rest of the process sounds more like something you'd do if they were selling surplus M249s, not tired old warhorse 1911s. I might put my name in the hat for one just because of the history of the gun. I have two USGI 1911s right now and know nothing about how many hands they've passed through since leaving the military but these would be a bit better to me in that I know that it would have gone straight from the govt to me.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well I like 1911 A1's but not enough to pay that kind of money for one that is worn out.
    I can get a new one and have for a whole lot less money. History doesn't mean that much to me, I've lived it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is a steal. Sucks we have to wait till September to even mail the package and then see if they draw your name. If not, wait till the next year. I will be getting one because of the history of these pieces and the price is very good because for 1k you are getting one that most likely would be over 2k in the private market and these have actualy been In government hands since they were new.
    I cant wait to start getting some military M9's in private hands

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So the worn out 1911’s with more no name slides and other parts than original parts did not repair themselves in storage?
    Honestly every 1911 I was issued was beat.

The M9’s are just as bad!

29A08480-6C3D-42D3-A9BA-4CCB112A9F44.jpeg

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bet they sell everyone they get. I'd love to have one but that is a lot of money. I think I'll wait and see What others think about the ones they get before making a final decision.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is a steal. Sucks we have to wait till September to even mail the package and then see if they draw your name. If not, wait till the next year. I will be getting one because of the history of these pieces and the price is very good because for 1k you are getting one that most likely would be over 2k in the private market and these have actualy been In government hands since they were new.
    I cant wait to start getting some military M9's in private hands
    You have to wait until next month to download the order package that you can't send in until after Labor Day. A month later you'll be notified of the random number assigned to you, to get an opportunity to buy later. The CMP ain't the guhbuhment, but dang! .Gov could take bureaucracy lessons from this bunch.

And which idiot elected dem didn't want these 1911s to go to CMP because they would be bought up by gang-bangers? I gotta find that again.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    "Too pricy, too many hoops, all beat up..." Yeah, fellas....these are not the 1911s you're looking for....move along.

The fewer people that put their name in the hat, the better chance I have of getting a nice one! [Evil Grin]

...and don't forget the money goes toward programs that bring to reality Teddy Roosevelt's dream of making America, especially our youth, a nation of marksman once again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thing that attracts me to these is the idea that these old, worn out warhorses are not being melted down, but are looking for a good home with someone that will appreciate all of that wear because it was created by American service men and women. If I do order one, it will not be to get a good shooter. I have plenty of good to great 1911s to take to the range. If I order one it will be to become a steward of a piece of American military history. At least, that's how I'm looking at these going to civilian hands. Kind of like if they auctioned off a tired old A10 Warthog.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As a collector I would love to get my hands on one of these!

I only wish these were truly 1911's and not 1911a1's.:(

That said, I will watch and sign up to purchase one. I may not be able to do so with finances but I at least want my name on the list and the option to do so.

The distinguished history and their contribution to our military is too high to pass up without at least trying for one, at least for me.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom