• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Can a Gen 4 slide run on a Gen 3 frame? The particulars are that I have a nicely tuned Gen3 G21sf and a stock Gen 4 G20. For some reason, I just have not been able to warm up to the Gen 4 G20. I used to have a stock Gen 3 G20sf and I sold it a while back. It was kind of the same thing.

I'm thinking that with a bit of trigger work, the G20 might be nice, but I don't want to throw $180 in trigger parts only to sell it anyway. If I could put a couple of boxes of ammo through the G20 slide on the nicely tuned G21sf frame, it might save me a bunch of money either by keeping me from investing in a gun that I'd end up selling anyway or keep me from selling a gun that could be a nice shooter with some tuning.

I've been thinking lately that I might want to focus my 10mm guns on the 1911 platform as my Delta Elite does work quite well for me. Just thought I'd give the G20 one last shot with the Gen 3 internals before letting it go. If the slide cannot be swapped, I could just pull 3 pins and move the trigger pack over to the G20 I guess.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Since my Gen 3s are all SF models, I can transfer the entire trigger group assy to the G20 Gen 4 to see how she runs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wondered the same thing after picking up that other G23 from WT...wonder what happened to that 357 sig barrel he had???
    I didn't know that he had picked up a .357sig barrel for the Glock. I know that he had one for a Sig.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Don't be surprised if the "nicely tuned" trigger doesn't feel the same with a different upper. Differences in strikers can make some difference in the feel of the trigger.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good point Charlie. I do recall noticing a different in feel between two near identical pistols because one has an aftermarket striker safety and the other is stock. The little things do make a difference.

Top Bottom