• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    I have one I've used when it just isn't appropriate to carry something larger and as a full time backup other times. The best advice I could give is to shoot it regularly to avoid problems with such things as pocket lint accumulation and other silliness. I've heard some people have problems with rimlock when using hollow points due to the shorter oal but I've never had it happen. My son has carried one longer than I have but mine gets shot more. Neither of us have had any problems of any kind and consider them to be excellent for their intended purpose. Clean it, lube it and shoot it. They're a lot of fun. BTW invest in some 10 round mags also. They make things much more comfortable.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't have any experience with that pistol but if you plan on carrying it, I wouldn't use hollow points. Just use fmj. You will have a better chance of the bullet penetrating far enough.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one, and I had a problem with it, but it was my fault.
    I carried one daily for a few months in the summer.
    I carried it inside the waistband.

i thought, wrongly so, that since it was plastic I wouldn't need to worry so much about rust.
    One day while doing a function check, all of a sudden the trigger would not return.
    On the bottom of the grip there is a small pin that holds the trigger spring.
    The end coil is exposed.

In my case, the last coil of the trigger spring rusted away and broke off.
    Repairs were simple, and inexpensive, but eye-opening.

Watch that trigger spring.
    Once replaced, I coated my spring end coil with some clear fingernail polish to help keep the sweat off of it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't have any experience with that pistol but if you plan on carrying it, I wouldn't use hollow points. Just use fmj. You will have a better chance of the bullet penetrating far enough.

The hornady XTP in 32acp is surprisingly decent.

The gold dot isn't bad either.

[video=youtube;-Y1FSALX5SU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y1FSALX5SU[/video]

I would also recommend giving this a watch, to understand more what you're dealing with today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw0BPSnrENA

If I had to carry a 32acp, I'd get underwood extreme cavitator ammo for it.

Last edited:

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    NEVER dry fire!
    When u disassemble put index and middle finger on each side of the pin before you pry the pin out!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
    USE GREASE for lube and slightly heavy!!! NEVER AND ISSUE!!

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I bought one when they first came out back in 2000, I believe. Shot it for a few months and one day the slide locked back and wouldn't return to battery for anything! Frame appeared slightly bulged out. I sent it back to Kel-Tec on their dime , they fixed it and I still carry it today as a back up in an ankle holster at work. I use the hotter Fiocchi European .32 FMJ in it.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    From use on yotdogs I like Buffalo Bore 32 ACP +P 75gr. lead Hardcast FN @ 1150 fps. I have found that hollow points don't work as good as the hardcast lead.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Not a bad little pistol for pocket carry. Before I got a S&W Bodyguard, I would pocket carry the little Keltec when very my clothing did not permit other concealed carry. They are very light and thin permitting pocket carry even in light summer shorts. My suggestion would be to keep it well cleaned and lubed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Having seen a lot of people shot, about the best I can say about the .32 is it's not a .25, and is at least a reliable suicide gun. It tends to deflect off bone without breaking them. Outside of head shots that did penetrate the skull, stops are mostly psychological stops, even those that later prove to be fatal. Stepping up to a .380 gives reliable bone breaks and gets through ribs easier. Stepping up to a duty caliber, such as 9mm or .40, has several advantages.

That said, if you insist on carrying a .32, hot and hardcast or monolithic (something that won't shatter and lose weight) is your friend. You're not going to get penetration AND expansion so get penetration. Cavitation is for people who don't understand gel tests and how wounds actually look in the human body, pistol rounds do not "cavitate" and the cracks/temporary stretch cavity in gel is not permanent wounding in the majority of tissues found in the human body until you get into rifle rounds. Your meat is elastic, your skin, muscle, and many organs are designed to stretch and return to shape or you'd not be able to function. Pistol rounds don't exceed the amount of stretch your meat will accept before returning to shape.

Top Bottom