Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

I have a stock Victory with the threaded barrel, something I don't think Ruger offered. Could not be happier.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max Volume View Post
    I have the stainless fluted barrel. They have a carbon barrel that is supposed to be really light. I think it has a steel liner.
    My brain says it’s a steel liner with a carbon tension sleeve, wtburnette can probably confirm that.

I’ll miss the easy modularity that the Victory has, but it’s the wife’s and her call. It found a new home last night for what a $1 more than we paid for it. Hard to argue that point.

x10

User Info Menu

OK, I'm suspicious of all the new "TARGET" pistols out there, I don't think 90% of the goofballs who buy these things even know what a target pistol is supposed to be, and since they released it with glowy green sights I'm sure the guys at S@W Don't know what a target pistol is supposed to be.

BUT since I don't believe in running my mouth without some way to back it up. If a person has bought a new Victory Target, I'm willing to supply ammo and 2 S&W 41's and one Ruger MK2 Govt. to do a real world side by side test. we can meet at HHRP outdoor Range and we will sandbag and Rest them and we can issue a report.
    Tomorrow’s winds will blow tomorrow

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

Model 41

Some day....some day I will have a vintage model 41.

Just a counterpoint though - those glowly green sights - kinda nice since my eyes have gotten old before my time.

x10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcapo View Post
    Model 41

Some day....some day I will have a vintage model 41.

Just a counterpoint though - those glowly green sights - kinda nice since my eyes have gotten old before my time.

Dot sights are ok for hitting gross targets but if you want to go precision shooting you need conventional black on black square sights
    Tomorrow’s winds will blow tomorrow

Snowman's Blocker aka Bandit mcapo's Avatar

User Info Menu

I agree with you, I just know what I am able to see now. LOL!

I'm guess that SW is targeting (see what I did there?) the more casual shooter and not the guy that is going to buy a Performance Center Model 41. I see it as some function, some marketing and some aesthetics. All of which is just fine.

SW really seems to be expanding every existing line up to reach every niche within each market segment (380ez, 3.6"/4" compacts,ar 15-10 Sport,6.5 creedmoor etc.).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
    It is interesting how the various companies market these ..... as if to justify such a device on a .22 LR.
    I put one on my Buckmark, and Tactical Solutions called it a "compensator".
    For me, it was strictly a matter of appearance. While waiting for a suppressor (down the road), it looks a lot better to me than the little 1/4" thread protector that comes with the PacLite barrel.

I recently configured a 22/45 Mark IV LITE for a steel challenge gun. I was debating whether or not to add a comp, as I never really believed a comp on a 22 did anything. I did a few mag dumps holding center of mass at 15 yds with and without the brake. The difference in group size was negligible, especially for a steel gun, but there was definitely less dot movement with the comp on FWIW.
    Guns cause crime like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by x10 View Post
    OK, I'm suspicious of all the new "TARGET" pistols out there, I don't think 90% of the goofballs who buy these things even know what a target pistol is supposed to be, and since they released it with glowy green sights I'm sure the guys at S@W Don't know what a target pistol is supposed to be.

BUT since I don't believe in running my mouth without some way to back it up. If a person has bought a new Victory Target, I'm willing to supply ammo and 2 S&W 41's and one Ruger MK2 Govt. to do a real world side by side test. we can meet at HHRP outdoor Range and we will sandbag and Rest them and we can issue a report.

Or compare apples and oranges. Get real pal. There is about $1K DIFFERENCE HERE.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luger fan View Post
    Or compare apples and oranges. Get real pal. There is about $1K DIFFERENCE HERE.

More likely a 500 difference, depending on where you make the purchase for both. MSRP is $868 for the Victory Target, 7-750 when they first come out. Buds will sell a 41 for 1249.

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Thankfully those TK Hivegrips just came back in stock so I picked a set up to try out. If I like them, I'll have to get a set for my second Victory as well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast