• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Four new models from the PC announced.

Flat triggers are the new hotness (new from 400 years ago), but I really do not understand the muzzle brake, but some might like it for balance so each to his own.

Smith & Wesson Delivers a Performance Center SW22 Victory TargetThe Firearm Blog

PC-SW22-Victory_PR-660x447.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    When looking into buying a 22lr handgun for the wife i passed on the victory cause of all the horrible reviews on them and went with the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite and couldnt be happier. The wife follows a lot of forums and it seems the Victory has lots of issues. Hope they resolved them in the performance center.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I bought one last January and used it in various states of customization. It has a Volquartsen fluted barrel on it now, a Tandem Cross trigger and some rosewood grips I picked up somewhere. The Volquartsen target grips were too large for my liking. There have been no problems with somewhere around 700 rounds of various ammo through it so far. I heard that some folks have had jams and that the extractor can be a problem so I also purchase the Tandem Cross extractor but have found no need to install it yet. It is accurate with the factory barrel and did not find the Volquartsen to make any difference other than balance. I was debating about a Ruger at the time but with a S&W 41 and a standard Ruger MKII I just wanted a modular 22 to tinker with. The Ruger has the serial # on the barrel and it takes more paperwork to put different barrels on it. Afterwards I heard about the MKIV recalls.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My wife picked up a Victory last summer, it’s still completely stock and runs without issue. She liked it well enough until she started spending time with the MKIV I picked up. Honestly, the only performance difference is the MKIV Target has a better balance than the Victory. For us, the stainless barrel and polymer handle make it fells nose heavy. We considered picked up a Volquartsen barrel to see how that changed it, but it cheaper in the long run to sell the Victory and pick up aNither MkIV variation.

That said, I really like the design of the Victory and modularity. The Performance Center version with all of its extras may be a fun one to run through he paces.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I also bought a metal rail for it and want to mount either an Ultradot or C-more. I still don't think it would be more accurate than my older S&W 41. That thing is incredible without even trying.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Four new models from the PC announced.

Flat triggers are the new hotness (new from 400 years ago), but I really do not understand the muzzle brake, but some might like it for balance so each to his own.

Smith & Wesson Delivers a Performance Center SW22 Victory TargetThe Firearm Blog

It is interesting how the various companies market these ..... as if to justify such a device on a .22 LR.
    I put one on my Buckmark, and Tactical Solutions called it a "compensator".
    For me, it was strictly a matter of appearance. While waiting for a suppressor (down the road), it looks a lot better to me than the little 1/4" thread protector that comes with the PacLite barrel.

i-s7KVMjp-L.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've had awesome luck with my Victory's. I have 2 of my own and had a 3rd for a while. All of them ran without issues and ate everything I threw at them. I don't even clean them but every 500 rounds or so and they run like champs. 1 of mine is completely stock and the other has the Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel and a cheap Weaver red dot. Amazingly accurate guns. I love mine and may have to pick up one of these Performance Center models when they come out. If nothing else I'll pick up a set of those grips as they look awesome.

Here's my 2nd Victory with the Volquartsen barrel:

vktR8B5h.jpg

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have the stainless fluted barrel. They have a carbon barrel that is supposed to be really light. I think it has a steel liner.

My brain says it’s a steel liner with a carbon tension sleeve, wtburnette can probably confirm that.

I’ll miss the easy modularity that the Victory has, but it’s the wife’s and her call. It found a new home last night for what a $1 more than we paid for it. Hard to argue that point.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    OK, I'm suspicious of all the new "TARGET" pistols out there, I don't think 90% of the goofballs who buy these things even know what a target pistol is supposed to be, and since they released it with glowy green sights I'm sure the guys at S@W Don't know what a target pistol is supposed to be.

BUT since I don't believe in running my mouth without some way to back it up. If a person has bought a new Victory Target, I'm willing to supply ammo and 2 S&W 41's and one Ruger MK2 Govt. to do a real world side by side test. we can meet at HHRP outdoor Range and we will sandbag and Rest them and we can issue a report.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Model 41
    :bow::bow:

Some day....some day I will have a vintage model 41.

Just a counterpoint though - those glowly green sights - kinda nice since my eyes have gotten old before my time.

Dot sights are ok for hitting gross targets but if you want to go precision shooting you need conventional black on black square sights

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I agree with you, I just know what I am able to see now. LOL!

I'm guess that SW is targeting (see what I did there?) the more casual shooter and not the guy that is going to buy a Performance Center Model 41. I see it as some function, some marketing and some aesthetics. All of which is just fine.

SW really seems to be expanding every existing line up to reach every niche within each market segment (380ez, 3.6"/4" compacts,ar 15-10 Sport,6.5 creedmoor etc.).

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    It is interesting how the various companies market these ..... as if to justify such a device on a .22 LR.
    I put one on my Buckmark, and Tactical Solutions called it a "compensator".
    For me, it was strictly a matter of appearance. While waiting for a suppressor (down the road), it looks a lot better to me than the little 1/4" thread protector that comes with the PacLite barrel.

i-s7KVMjp-L.jpg
    I recently configured a 22/45 Mark IV LITE for a steel challenge gun. I was debating whether or not to add a comp, as I never really believed a comp on a 22 did anything. I did a few mag dumps holding center of mass at 15 yds with and without the brake. The difference in group size was negligible, especially for a steel gun, but there was definitely less dot movement with the comp on FWIW.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    OK, I'm suspicious of all the new "TARGET" pistols out there, I don't think 90% of the goofballs who buy these things even know what a target pistol is supposed to be, and since they released it with glowy green sights I'm sure the guys at S@W Don't know what a target pistol is supposed to be.

BUT since I don't believe in running my mouth without some way to back it up. If a person has bought a new Victory Target, I'm willing to supply ammo and 2 S&W 41's and one Ruger MK2 Govt. to do a real world side by side test. we can meet at HHRP outdoor Range and we will sandbag and Rest them and we can issue a report.

Or compare apples and oranges. Get real pal. There is about $1K DIFFERENCE HERE.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thankfully those TK Hivegrips just came back in stock so I picked a set up to try out. If I like them, I'll have to get a set for my second Victory as well :yesway:

Top Bottom