Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

New S&W Performance Center Victory Target .22

Four new models from the PC announced.

Flat triggers are the new hotness (new from 400 years ago), but I really do not understand the muzzle brake, but some might like it for balance so each to his own.

Smith & Wesson Delivers a Performance Center SW22 Victory TargetThe Firearm Blog

A bowl is most useful when empty. Lao-Tzu

User Info Menu

When looking into buying a 22lr handgun for the wife i passed on the victory cause of all the horrible reviews on them and went with the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 lite and couldnt be happier. The wife follows a lot of forums and it seems the Victory has lots of issues. Hope they resolved them in the performance center.

User Info Menu

I bought one last January and used it in various states of customization. It has a Volquartsen fluted barrel on it now, a Tandem Cross trigger and some rosewood grips I picked up somewhere. The Volquartsen target grips were too large for my liking. There have been no problems with somewhere around 700 rounds of various ammo through it so far. I heard that some folks have had jams and that the extractor can be a problem so I also purchase the Tandem Cross extractor but have found no need to install it yet. It is accurate with the factory barrel and did not find the Volquartsen to make any difference other than balance. I was debating about a Ruger at the time but with a S&W 41 and a standard Ruger MKII I just wanted a modular 22 to tinker with. The Ruger has the serial # on the barrel and it takes more paperwork to put different barrels on it. Afterwards I heard about the MKIV recalls.

User Info Menu

My wife picked up a Victory last summer, itís still completely stock and runs without issue. She liked it well enough until she started spending time with the MKIV I picked up. Honestly, the only performance difference is the MKIV Target has a better balance than the Victory. For us, the stainless barrel and polymer handle make it fells nose heavy. We considered picked up a Volquartsen barrel to see how that changed it, but it cheaper in the long run to sell the Victory and pick up aNither MkIV variation.

That said, I really like the design of the Victory and modularity. The Performance Center version with all of its extras may be a fun one to run through he paces.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    For us, the stainless barrel and polymer handle make it fells nose heavy. We considered picked up a Volquartsen barrel to see how that changed it, but it cheaper in the long run to sell the Victory and pick up aNither MkIV variation.
    The Volquartsen barrel REALLY makes it feel nose heavy.

User Info Menu

I also bought a metal rail for it and want to mount either an Ultradot or C-more. I still don't think it would be more accurate than my older S&W 41. That thing is incredible without even trying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max Volume View Post
    The Volquartsen barrel REALLY makes it feel nose heavy.
    Thats disappointing to hear. Guessing the extra length outdoes the lighter weight?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Four new models from the PC announced.

Flat triggers are the new hotness (new from 400 years ago), but I really do not understand the muzzle brake, but some might like it for balance so each to his own.

Smith & Wesson Delivers a Performance Center SW22 Victory TargetThe Firearm Blog
    It is interesting how the various companies market these ..... as if to justify such a device on a .22 LR.
    I put one on my Buckmark, and Tactical Solutions called it a "compensator".
    For me, it was strictly a matter of appearance. While waiting for a suppressor (down the road), it looks a lot better to me than the little 1/4" thread protector that comes with the PacLite barrel.

Ban the fools, not the tools ....... wtburnette

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Thats disappointing to hear. Guessing the extra length outdoes the lighter weight?
    I have the stainless fluted barrel. They have a carbon barrel that is supposed to be really light. I think it has a steel liner.

User Info Menu

I've had awesome luck with my Victory's. I have 2 of my own and had a 3rd for a while. All of them ran without issues and ate everything I threw at them. I don't even clean them but every 500 rounds or so and they run like champs. 1 of mine is completely stock and the other has the Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel and a cheap Weaver red dot. Amazingly accurate guns. I love mine and may have to pick up one of these Performance Center models when they come out. If nothing else I'll pick up a set of those grips as they look awesome.

Here's my 2nd Victory with the Volquartsen barrel:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast