• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Hi,
    I bought this pistol today, just because i liked the history. Attempt to keep intratec going by producing some carry guns, even though they aren't nearly conventional.
    This is a cat45, 45acp double action only pistol. Other than the 30 pound trigger pull, i ran 3 mags thru it without a problem. Neat gun, fits the hand well, and so homely it's cool.
    Enjoy, or decide this is a picture you can't unsee.. lol..

Attachments

• 100_0724.jpg
      100_0724.jpg
      792.1 KB · Views: 71
    • 100_0723.jpg
      100_0723.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 62

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Umm...well...it's...umm..unique...

First thing I thought was that Hudson stole the idea of a striker fired 1911 trigger from THAT gun!

EDIT: Went off into Google land and found this. Since the Clinton's fought against it - I have a new found affinity for the CAT45. L

The Intratec CAT series of pistols was a line of small lightweight handguns developed by Intratec in the early 1990s. Due to increasing pressure from gun control advocates and commonly the target of a hostile media and politicians due to its' aggressive looking TEC-9 Series of pistols, the company attempted to branch out into the compact carry market. Unfortunately for Intratec, due solely to the fact that the gun was made by them and that it utilized a steel barrel & Slide and black polymer frame (and had cosmetically 'aggressive' looks) it too was excoriated by the press and gun control groups. Released in 1994, the pistol was roundly attacked by the media, dubbed "A cross between an assault weapon and a Saturday Night Special", though the ludicrousness of that statement was lost on those making it. As with all Intratec weapons, they ceased manufacture when the company went out of business in 2001 (as a result of years of harassment, bad publicity, local legislation and lawsuits by the Clinton Administration). The CAT Series of pistols was offered in four calibers - the CAT-380, the CAT-9, the CAT-40 and the CAT-45.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm not seeing how this is any uglier than a Glock. Probably has better ergonomics as well. Certainly looks better than a Hi-Point.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like that they went to the effort to make it "lighter" by putting the holes in the trigger. Seems like that might've been like 50th on their list of needed features or improvements.

With that said, I like collecting rarities and unique ugliness. Congrats and thanks for sharing...

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    Wow. If their goal was to design a pistol that people would look at later and say "OK, maybe that HiPoint pistol design isn't that bad", They succeeded.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I love it! Not because of the looks but because of everything Intratec stood for during the Bubba days. Don't even bother with the classified section if you decide to sell it. Your money is just pm away.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Years ago I had an Intrartec (pretty sure that's what it was) double-barreled derringer in .38spl.
    It was an o/u and the barrel swiveled sideways to load/unload and had about a 2" barrel.
    Even though it was only a .38spl, that damned thing felt just like someone smacked you in the palm with a hammer every time you pulled the trigger.

The grip only allowed two fingers, the frame was plastic, and it was too light weight.
    I bought it used because a friend needed cash, and because it looked like a decent sized carry piece.

After firing less than 10 rounds I sold that monstrosity and never looked back.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's not the best looking pistol out there and far from the worst, but I'm also the kind of guy that thinks Glocks look good, so maybe my ugly indicator is off a bit. The history behind it does add a bit of appeal. If the Clinton's hated it, it's worth adding to a collection. Mind you, that logic is not universal. I'm sure that Bill hated the Hildabeast through most of their time together and it gives me zero feelings for the hag. But, the gun does have an ugly/cool factor. Kind of like a Nagant revolver.

Top Bottom