• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Interesting claim, I wonder if it had been modified. I've never seen the trigger safety pic even work slightly proud of the side of the trigger, let alone far enough to get snagged on a holster. I don't know how a pin that short could even work out far enough to snag a holster before falling out.

This is my skeptical face.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Gotta maintain your equipment.

One should be inspecting their firearm frequently enough to notice when pins start walking out of the trigger or frame.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm also skeptical. Maybe some aftermarket trigger shoe that's wider (and has a longer pin as a result)? I don't see how a OEM Glock trigger could do that.

Of course, I wouldn't have thought the guy sitting next to you could get his keys in your holster and pull your trigger either so WTF do I know.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Gotta maintain your equipment.

One should be inspecting their firearm frequently enough to notice when pins start walking out of the trigger or frame.

Agreed. Screws, pins, sights, magazines all deserve periodic checks.

My everyday carry was a Glock 23 Gen2 (it will be again) and after getting groceries one day I was laying on the floor for my back. I was feeling the backs sights and they came loose. They were aftermarket sights put on the gun before me. Glad I was home when I found the problem. It's due new springs all around and will get new sights too.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm not buying the pin thing, but I know of an LEO who had a similar AD because a jacket tie-thing got caught in the trigger guard. As he zipped up the jacket (or adjusted it somehow, can't quite remember), it pulled just right/wrong and pulled the trigger. Shot himself in the foot, with his hand nowhere near the gun.

There was a room full of other officers, so that helped.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not buying the pin thing, but I know of an LEO who had a similar AD because a jacket tie-thing got caught in the trigger guard. As he zipped up the jacket (or adjusted it somehow, can't quite remember), it pulled just right/wrong and pulled the trigger. Shot himself in the foot, with his hand nowhere near the gun.

Eh. It was just a desk pop.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

When a Glock goes off in a room of police, do they all look at each other and say, "it wasn't me" and point at the guy next to them?:laugh:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Not a block owner so question based on google image search of block triggers. The blamed pin appears to be the pivot of the trigger safety. If the pin were to be drawn back, wouldn't that force be applied to the trigger and NOT the safety thus the pin catching on the holster causing the gun to go off would only happen if the trigger blade safety were already disengaged/disabled. under that basis, it could be that the holster caught the trigger rather than just the pin.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmm, let's see now. The Glock trigger shoe measures .372" wide. The trigger safety pin is in a blind hole so it must be shorter than that. The width of the Glock frame measures 1.157" wide above the trigger safety pin. Divide that width by two plus half the width of the trigger shoe and the pin would have to stick out .392" before it protruded beyond the width of the frame. The trigger guard measures .623" wide just below the trigger pin. Divide that width by two and the pin would have to protrude .311" to clear the trigger guard. Considering it's tucked up pretty tight to the frame I don't think simply clearing the trigger guard would put it into a position where it could get snagged easily. I also find it difficult to believe that the pin could walk out so far as to get snagged yet not cause some issue with the function of the trigger.

2500+ Glock handguns firing 800,000+ rounds a year for 8+ years here and I've never seen a trigger pin walk out.

Still skeptical.

18hk9IBh.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom