• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    Curious what people's thoughts are on the SIG P320 X5. Is it worth the higher cost compared to a Glock 34 Gen 5 for example.

Also wondering if anyone is running lighter hand loads through the X5. I've read some posts online suggesting its over-sprung some and could use a different rod/spring to better support lighter loads.

My interest is for an IDPA SSP division gun. The X5 with the magwell removed and 17rds mags would fit that.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I wouldn't mind trying one out for carry optics, but just don't want the initial cash outlay of new gun, new holsters, new optic, a bunch of new mags, etc.. It is tempting though. I know a guy who uses one to compete with and really likes it, he was a Sig guy already though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Dont own one personally but try it before you buy it. The X5's I have seen personally have had IMHO appalling triggers.

I just order a Glock 34 and thought the Sig trigger was any better though both need work imho. I've never shot the Sig so don't really have an answer for you.

Buy both and give us a review. :):

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I've got a pair of pre "upgrade" X5's for USPSA production. I'm obviously biased, but I prefer the X5 over G34. I liked the trigger and grip angle better than the Glock and I prefer the beavertail on the X5 vs. having the backstrap of the Glock. It also has the "I just like it better" factor. I'm not a Glock hater as my ccw is a G43 and I previously owned a Gen3 G19EXO.

IIRC Point Blank in Carmel has an X5 in their rental case. Not sure about Greenwood.

Yes, they are oversprung for light loads. I have replaced the guiderods with ones from GrayGuns so lighter 1911 springs can be used.

You're more than welcome to try mine as well if you want to make a trip up to the north side.

Top Bottom