• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Proud Papa moment here, my daughter turns 13 next week and one of the things on her wish list is a single action 22lr revolver. She shot one when we were in Arizona in December and did extremely well with it. Now she wants one of her own and outside of how to load, shoot & unload one I'm clueless. Any recommendations? Don't need top of the line but I don't want to buy junk that'll break easily either.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't mind spending a bit of money on this one, she's earned it. If I get something with the right finish I might have it engraved with a message from Dad.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I don't mind spending a bit of money on this one, she's earned it. If I get something with the right finish I might have it engraved with a message from Dad.

All in AllenM
    user-offline.png

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have owned a couple of the Ruger Single Six models. Always liked the option of swapping cylinders and shooting 22 magnums. I think the stainless steel model would be best for engraving.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The Ruger is nicer, but the Heritage has the Colt like action. I like the Heritage, and own one for that reason, put some faux ivory grips on it and love it. My 5 year old son has already claimed it for when he's old enough lol

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    GluemanZ28 has a Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper. I was able to shoot it as was my 6 yo son. It's small but not tiny. It was a lot of fun to shoot.

Ruger-Bearcat-lead.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I ended up going with an EAA Bounty Hunter. I would have liked to go Ruger but she wanted it "cowboy" and the revolvers I had available all had modern sights on them. I don't expect this will see heavy use and if she does wear it out I'll be happy to buy her a new one. Thanks for the advice and assistance fellas.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Does it have the finish you wanted for engraving? I’m not a revolver guy but am a dad, and that would be really cool for her to have throughout her life

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Simple, Ruger Single Six! And for flexibility and more bang you can get the convertible .22lr/.22mag version and have some real fun. Enjoy.

Top Bottom