• ...and so much more!
  • Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Where do you intend to carry?

I'm testing the AIWB sidecar prototype from Proteq, but this is also my first true AIWB holster. As such, I'm planning to get a Tier 1 Concealed Agis or Axis as they seem to be the current bees knees for AIWB sidecar so I can do a comparison and help Stephen make a better product.

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    Actually, I'm going to try Glock 26 Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Loop) in Covert Grey Nylon. Then I may try Alien Gear or crossbreed holster.

4351_source_1505157824.jpg

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A friend's experience with Sneaky Pete wasn't all that great. They're designed to fit a lot of guns and therefore don't fit anything very well. Was not impressed with the quality of the construction.

Plus, they're not all that "sneaky" or "covert" - just fooling yourself. No more "covert" than a fanny pack.

My eyes are always drawn to a big blob on someone's waistband.

Clueless sheep may not give it another thought, but those that you care about (for different reasons), perps and LEOs, know what's up.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My preference is a good hybrid IWB. I personally like the Galco King Tuks for their retention (better than the Crossbreed I had, even after trying to adjust it with a hair dryer, etc).

I carried a 26 (Gen 3) for a long time in one.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I carry my 19 in a alien gear and I love it. Most comfortable holster I’ve had and they stand by their stuff. Plus, if you buy a new gun you can always send them the shell and they’ll send one for your new gun at no charge.

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    I think the "sneaky" part is because it does not look like something that has a gun. I may get something else though. I like the Alien Gear a lot.

Last edited:

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    I carry my 19 in a alien gear and I love it. Most comfortable holster I’ve had and they stand by their stuff. Plus, if you buy a new gun you can always send them the shell and they’ll send one for your new gun at no charge.

Which Alien Gear do you use? I see LOTS of different types.

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    In like this...Alien Gear Holsters Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster

61dl%2BdLutBL._SL1000_.jpg

71JS6nNrcNL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016ITC2KW

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Topshot was lighting fast with the AIWB when I shot next to him in a recent class.

Wow. That's a big compliment since had just gotten my first true holster the Thursday night prior so literally only had an hour or so of dry practice with it. I need a LOT more practice though. Too inconsistent on the hits sometimes (not so much that class but in Coach's carry match last Sat). Taking another class next weekend that should help plus I need a new glasses Rx that will unfuzzy the sights just a hair, so look out Gabe White. :):

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Topshot I have a few holsters that I have tried , the only holster that works for me is Black Arch Holsters they are a hybrid. There ADM is the most comfortable holster I have ever used it has a breathable backing. It lets in some air flow so a fat boy like me does not sweat all over my pistol.
    Holster are such a personal thing but this is the one that works for me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In like this...Alien Gear Holsters Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster

61dl%2BdLutBL._SL1000_.jpg

71JS6nNrcNL._SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016ITC2KW

Sorry I just saw your reply. This is the holster I use. I have a shell for my 19 and my 26. Comes with extra screws and spacers. Really easy to switch shells if you have different carry guns you rotate for different needs. For the price you won’t be disappointed. Lifetime warranty and free replacement shells, add that to the comfort and reliability...

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know a gentleman who carries a Glock-27 in a sneaky pete, same size as your G-26, and knowing he was carrying and knowing what he carries, it looked like he was carrying a pair of small binoculars in a case on his hip.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know a gentleman who carries a Glock-27 in a sneaky pete, same size as your G-26, and knowing he was carrying and knowing what he carries, it looked like he was carrying a pair of small binoculars in a case on his hip.

Yep, IMO they look kind of ridiculous, and I'm not so sure that a thief may not try and take one off of you in a crowd, etc thinking it is something valuable. To each their own, but I wouldn't use one. I'm not 100% how that kydex insert retains the gun, maybe that works. Just not of interest to me at all. IWB with a good hybrid works very well for me whether I'm wearing shorts, dress pants, jeans, etc, and doesn't draw any attention from someone wanting to look in what I'm carrying. I have regularly been with my wife when her purse or camera bag is looked into by someone at a gate, etc and no one has ever given me a second look.

I guess you could tell people the sneaky pete is a case for an insulin pump...

Last edited:

G19X

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Glock Factory
    Live Long and Prosper...

Yep, IMO they look kind of ridiculous, and I'm not so sure that a thief may not try and take one off of you in a crowd, etc thinking it is something valuable. To each their own, but I wouldn't use one. I'm not 100% how that kydex insert retains the gun, maybe that works. Just not of interest to me at all. IWB with a good hybrid works very well for me whether I'm wearing shorts, dress pants, jeans, etc, and doesn't draw any attention from someone wanting to look in what I'm carrying. I have regularly been with my wife when her purse or camera bag is looked into by someone at a gate, etc and no one has ever given me a second look.

I guess you could tell people the sneaky pete is a case for an insulin pump...

I have it now...it DOES look big. I looks like a case for Mr. Stock's Triquarter. :facepalm:

review_one12spock2_1.jpg

Top Bottom