What was/is The “Cheapest” Handgun(s) You Owned?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Llama 9mm 1911 sort of gun ... cheapest and worst gun I have ever owned. Safety spring plunger was made out of plastic and it split (had to be replaced with a metal one), thing was a jamomatic, and it would cut you open during a field strip. Sold it off to a pawn shop and never looked back.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My first handgun was a SCCY when they first came out. To this day its the least I've ever spent on a handgun. I bought it from a local deputy for $190. I think that's still around
    $10 less than the price of a new one today.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've never owned what I would consider a "cheap" handgun. I do own a few I would call "inexpensive," including a Bersa Thunder 9mm and a Ruger LCP.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Guns that I have purchased for under $200? Ruger LCP, An old lend/lease revolver in .38S&W, FEG HiPower, Model 85 Taurus. The only one I still own is the LCP but now it wears a Crimson Trace and Hogue grips.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I've owned three Davis derringers, I sold them once I could afford a Bond Arms. I also bought a Davis .380 from a neighbor once for $50, I later sold it for $80. I never fired it. Now the least expensive gun I own would be my Ruger LCP 2, which is a much higher quality gun.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Davis derringer in 38 special. Pocket gun. 40 lb trigger pull and sometimes both would touch off. Yowza that was a treat.

This was also my cheapest gun ever. Even though it didn't have a safety, it could probably have been carried cocked since the trigger pull was so heavy. If my memory serves correctly, mine measured at 22 lbs.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Davis Derringers, FIE Titan, RG .22 revolver, and Marlin 60s back when they were $45 at K-Mart. I know the Marlin 60 Glenfields aren't handguns but thought I'd tell my age a bit on cheap guns.
    One of my first handguns was a Colt Detective Special. $60 bucks used at a local gun shop

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In old, so this input is probably invalid in this context, but I bought a US Army 22LR semi-automatic for $20 at a shop in Searcy, Arkansas in college in 1973 or '74. (must have been a "trainer." Don't remember the manufacturer, just that it had U.S. Army engraved on it.
    I was just married and lived off campus.
    I loved that gun (so accurate) and wish I'd have had the sense to keep it.
    My wife could hit tin cans with it and I always was so proud!
    Alabama girls could do that sort of thing!
    I regularly bought 22LR revolvers for $20-$25 dollars at that time.

Top Bottom