• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all - I'm looking for VERY Thin and flat grips for a CZ 75 Shadow (currently wearing CZ wood checkered grips or the plastic [not rubber] grips) and thin grips for a Dan Wesson 1911 (currently wearing VZ Operator II).

On the Dan Wesson - I know that VZ offers a slimline grip in the operator II - is it noticeably thinner?

Aggressive texture is a bonus

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have some VZ's on my SP-01 I'm looking to potentially get rid of. They're pretty thin. PM me if you are interested. They're very aggressive and about as thin as I think you can get.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    THanks seedubs, I'll pm you. If you have calipers handy, would you mind giving me the width? (looks like no palm swells, so the width anywhere would be fine)
    Those look like tactical diamonds, right?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The VZ Thin grips for 1911's are noticeably thinner they are all I use personally. I cannot comment on the CZ's as I am not sure

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sorry, no calipers, and I don't think eyeballing it with a ruler is what you're looking for.

Yeah, tactical diamonds. No palm swell or anything. Just thin and flat. I'm doing the opposite and moving to palm swells for my big ass hands.

Regardless if you want these or not, I really like the quality of the VZ's I've had. They fit the CZ's very well. I have LOK palm swells on my other CZ, and I like the way they feel better (palm swell), but the VZ's seemed to fit the gun and be better machined.

THanks seedubs, I'll pm you. If you have calipers handy, would you mind giving me the width? (looks like no palm swells, so the width anywhere would be fine)

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

I just mic'd my VZ Carbon Fiber Frags at the magwell, and they're .100" at their thickest point. Not sure if the G10's are the same.

https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/cz-75/cz-75-frag1/cz-75-frag-carbon-fiber-g10

I got mine from Amazon, and they were the same price as the G10's.

ETA: I have Slim Line ETC Frags on 2 of my 1911's and they're quite a bit thinner than OEM. If you reeeeally need a measurement I can get that as well... Or you can go here ( https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/1911/frag-grips/etc-frag/etc-frag-black-gray-g10 ) and click on "Switching to Slim Line?" :) You will definitely need to use thin grip bushings, so make sure you can remove your current bushings.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a set of ultra-thin grips on one of my 1911s. By themselves, they were too thin for me but with a set of Pierce finger grooves, the are perfect. I'll dig it out this weekend and put a caliper to it if you want. They really are micro-thin grips.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I have a set of ultra-thin grips on one of my 1911s. By themselves, they were too thin for me but with a set of Pierce finger grooves, the are perfect. I'll dig it out this weekend and put a caliper to it if you want. They really are micro-thin grips.

nothing urgent, I was really looking for brand/line recommendations.
    For 1911 it seems the VZ thin would be fine. The CZ is giving me a bit of trouble though to find the thinnest grips on the market
    (since the 1911 is already quite a bit thinner, it's not as urgent -- I just wanna see what the extreme side of thinness could look like on both guns)

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I got some Alumagrips for my Beretta 92 and modified a pair for my Armscor 9mm double stack. They are really thin and the texture is super aggressive.

Review: Alumagrips - Aluminum Grip Panels For Your Pistol - Guns & Tech

+1 for Alumagrips for your 1911. Alumagrips - Homepage

Not sure if they make CZ grips. They make a super slim grip for 1911's that requires replacement of your grip screw bushings...which they sell.

They offer pre configured grips or you can use their "Build a Grip" software and make your own custom grip order.

I had used a pair of the super slim grips on a 1911 and they worked quite well. They were nicely made and had great texture.

My Beretta 92 I use in competition is currently wearing Alumagrips with the Beretta logo. They are MUCH thinner than the plastic grips and have really good traction and no sharp corners.

I got them from the Beretta store years ago. I guess they are not offered in the Beretta USA store anymore, but still seem to be available in other countries.

Beretta 92 Series Aluminum Checkered Grips w/ Trident Logo

If they make CZ grips like those Beretta ones, these might be a good choice.

You could contact Alumagrips. They could email you specs if you like. I corresponded with them by email before purchasing my 1911 super slim grips. (super slim is my name...not theirs. I'm probably calling it the wrong thing.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom