• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Well y'all, I was so excited to get my little 9, as a back up and to protect me on those late night runs. I still plan on doing a range report on it, however! I will have to wait for it to come back. I have less than 100 rounds through it.

The problem - wasn't extracting, possible double feeding, the magazine "loosely" held the rounds and it would drop bullets when I pulled the mag out too. This occurred with 115 gr. Federal RN- not so much with my 115 gr. HP Hornady XTP hand loads.

Once when I loaded it with Critical Defense, it refused to go into battery.

Not quite sure what's up with this one- in addition to these issues, it rusts super easy on the slide.

Called Ruger and they whisked her away on a prepaid label, no hassle.

Anyone have experience with Ruger service and how long it takes to get back?

Anyone have this model and experience anything similar?

It got such good reviews, yet one guy I know says most under covers and armored car personnel he knows have had problems with Ruger's semi-autos "You can't move with them, they malfunction" he said.

When I first got it, I did notice quite a bit of play in the action on top of the poly frame. Contrast that with the fact that I also rented one of these before I purchased and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Everything was tight on that one, accurate and loved the trigger and feel. I wonder if I got a lemon, or it just wasn't broken in enough...

314s0b9.jpg

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Been my go to gun for many years, my has functioned flawlessly and is a pleasure to shoot. Sounds like you got a lemon and hopefully Ruger can make it right. They are fantastic little guns.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I have had great experience with their customer service. Sent back a 1911 with just under the grip. Received it back with a new frame within a short time.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Received my new baby back yesterday with what I will call stellar service. I didn't pay a cent. Here's what they sent back.

Replaced Slide Assembly, Sear Spring. Repaired the Insert. Fired 28 rds. Black Hills 115 gr. and 21 rds. Gold Dot 147 gr. GDHP without malfunction and returned to me.

They only had it for about 24 hrs. Nice turn around!

Next post I'll report on its functioning at the range.

5b8ayv.jpg

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    Went to the range, over 50 rounds fired. No hitches with Federal RN, handloaded HP, or my carry ammo- Hornady Critical Defense. 50 more rounds and she'll be ready for rotation. Pleased with Ruger.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Nice. My wife and I both carry an LC9S. They're not too bad to shoot at the range with my 147gr handloads, but the +P HST loads we carry can get pretty snarky after a few mags!!
    Only issues that had to be addressed was an occasional fail to feed on her's that I corrected by polishing the feed ramp and chamber with a felt dremel cone and Flitz. And mine had to get a new recoil spring assembly when the little peaned end let go. I called Ruger and they just sent me one in the mail.
    She likes the standard 7round mag with the pinky extension and I shoot the 9 rounder.... I like it better due to the additional real estate it provides.
    I did also put a Talon Grips rubber wrap on mine which really helped. I feel the factory grips are a little lacking in texture but that's an individual taste thing.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Received my new baby back yesterday with what I will call stellar service. I didn't pay a cent. Here's what they sent back.

Replaced Slide Assembly, Sear Spring. Repaired the Insert. Fired 28 rds. Black Hills 115 gr. and 21 rds. Gold Dot 147 gr. GDHP without malfunction and returned to me.

They only had it for about 24 hrs. Nice turn around!

Next post I'll report on its functioning at the range.

5b8ayv.jpg

So how long did you have it before you sent it back?
    It reads like they're were implying in the letter that "the (non-manufacturing related) rust was caused by carry" and that was part of the issue?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I had a firing malfunction with my P-95. The trigger would lock up.
    Talk to a very pleasant lady.
    I received a shipping label.
    Returned about two weeks.
    I forget what was repair.
    Failed again at range.
    Called Ruger again very pleasant service and received shipping label.
    Problem was the replacement sight I had a gunsmith install.
    One of the mounting screws interfered with the hammer mechanism.
    NOT RUGER problem. NO CHARGE to correct.
    Functions great again.

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    I about got one of those my last purchase. I wish I did. Ruger makes great guns but theyve had great customer service the only time I dealt with them.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I had it only a few weeks before the rust was present, and even though I've lightly oiled it, it still gets it every time I sweat. It had been "carried" a few times on night runs to get a feel for it. Once I discovered the issue it had to go back.
    Currently I'm ok with a little rust (it's not on the mechanical parts yet) and I like shooting it.

Top Bottom