Fn-x Tactical or sig p320 x-five and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimmothy86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As the title suggests, I'm torn it'll be awhile before I can order either as I'm about to have surgery, but I figured I could start getting people's opinions and doing research now!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    After sig outright lying and covering up their known function and safety issues with their firearms and putting average citizens and ESPECIALY cops and military lives in danger, I will NEVER buy another new sig product that supports them in any financial way. Not unless they do a complete restructure and fire the people who had direct knowledge with decision making power and covered it up.
    And I love my sigs that I own and have owned. So I'm not just some random dude who never would have bought one anyway. I had sig guns actualy on my list of guns to buy this very year. This is not an issue of glock is better than sig or well they fixed it so now it's good to go, for me. I think sig should be sued, prosecuted and most deffinately lose their government and military contracts.

So FN

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    You are really looking at apples and oranges.

FNX-45 Tactical is a GREAT gun. I have one and I love it. But it is BIG and HEAVY! And it is hammer fired. And it shoots 45. A great truck gun, bedside gun or OWB gun in appropriate locations. But it is bad ass and it will never leave my collection.

P320 X-Five is a very cool gun too (I have been looking at them). But it is really a competition gun through and through. I don't like that you cannot run a rear sight with a RDS on it. And it shoots 9mm.

I guess if these are your two choices, you are just looking for a fun gun. In that case, you cannot go wrong with either.

jimmothy86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You are really looking at apples and oranges.

FNX-45 Tactical is a GREAT gun. I have one and I love it. But it is BIG and HEAVY! And it is hammer fired. And it shoots 45. A great truck gun, bedside gun or OWB gun in appropriate locations. But it is bad ass and it will never leave my collection.

P320 X-Five is a very cool gun too (I have been looking at them). But it is really a competition gun through and through. I don't like that you cannot run a rear sight with a RDS on it. And it shoots 9mm.

I guess if these are your two choices, you are just looking for a fun gun. In that case, you cannot go wrong with either.
    The sig is the model the army is switching to I believe

Also, I'm looking for a carry gun, but not concealed carry so much, and I like that both have swappable rear sights for rmr

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The sig is the model the army is switching to I believe

Also, I'm looking for a carry gun, but not concealed carry so much, and I like that both have swappable rear sights for rmr

The x five is the competition version of the 320, and not what the army is running. It has a very light fast trigger that is not recommended for a carry pistol. The xvtac would be a better option with carry intent. Or the xcarry if you want compact. Sig has a ton of versions of the 320 now.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The army is having issues with there sigs. Plus what Trigger Time said. I have shot a 320 and really like the looks of the Sig 365. But they're having lots of issues in the striker gun world right now and are putting people in danger by giving them weapons that may or may not work.

Top Bottom