• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • websbydoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2018
    Scottsburg
    Ill have to admit, that my interest in guns in general has just recently been
    rekindled....but back in the day, when i was in my 20's, i owned and shot
    and reloaded at lot of ammo.
    But going through websites on whats for sale on the websites, and reading
    though posts on what you all are shooting, i notice major talk about .380, 9mm ect....
    what ever happened to the .22 magnum, .218 bee, .222 Remington...

Is that interest still out there, or all those great calibers gone to the history
    books....?
    By the way.....remember the Lee Loader? Just like cracking walnuts!

Have a nice day guys,

Jay

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The Lee Loader is still sold. As for the other calibers well they have been surpassed by newer rounds...the .17 HMR the .204 Ruger and the brand new .224 Valkyrie.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most of my calibers are old, because the guns themselves are old. Some, like the 32-20 are very versatile.

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    I think reloading in general is having a decline most people are just buying 9mm and 380 ,even though I think 380 is falling off a bit, just because it’s cheep and easy.

Aflac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The amount I'd have to reload to break even just isn't worth it, with what the cost of ammo is comapred to reloading supplies for range time. I still reload my 308 hunting rounds however, for when accuracy really matters.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I think reloading in general is having a decline most people are just buying 9mm and 380 ,even though I think 380 is falling off a bit, just because it’s cheep and easy.

Ammo prices being what they are of late, components are as much as loaded ammo for the common pistol rounds. Once you figure time, it's a bad loss.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i started reloading back in '96 when i started shooting USPSA. i started shooting an open single stack 45acp, (and still do). factory ammo with a bullet lighter than 185-200 gr isnt available. i was feeding 2 open 45's, limited 45, and the ex's s&w 686. it was typical to throw 1000 rds a week down range between practice, USPSA, and bowling pin matches.

i recently started shooting again, and have noticed a trend in USPSA of LOT of 9mm, and some .40 cal production & PCC guns running factory ammo.

:cheers:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    My ammo of choice is: my reloads!!! I reload for .38spcl&.357 mag; .44 spcl&mag; .45acp; 9mm; .223/5.56; .30-06 regular and Garand; .243 Win; .30-30 and a bunch of WW II military rifles of different calibers. I’ve worked up my loads for each firearm over the years and tweaked and tweaked as time rolled by. It’s a great hobby. Even if I try to convince myself I’m saving money reloading; I find that I shoot a lot more! Notwithstanding that alleged truism, I have fun doing this and THAT’S what it is all about! Peace.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Ammo prices being what they are of late, components are as much as loaded ammo for the common pistol rounds. Once you figure time, it's a bad loss.

Also true for many common calibers.

Reloading mostly makes sense for either specialty loads or less popular calibers. If you are a 9mm or 5.56 shooter just plinking with cheap ammo, reloading probably makes little sense.

Top Bottom