• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I'm in love with this trigger. I really had no idea. I've put almost 400 trouble free rounds now through my HK P30sk. I've never been more accurate with a 9mm than this pistol. Sure the ergonomics (I prefer pinky extension) are great for my hands but that trigger though . This must be what a well worn in revolver in single action feels like. Wow. Now I wish all my Glocks could be equipped with the HK V1 lite.

If you have experience with these, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Still a really long trigger pull and DA/SA. Something I'm not proficient enough with to carry so I stick with a same constant trigger pull on everything. (Striker fired)

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ve gotten to try a HK P30 with the LEM trigger, I liked it well enough. I liked it more than the anti stress trigger on the P99s.

My preference still leans towards the standard DA/SA trigger though, but it’s just a preference not a better than kind of thing. I’m quickly moving to DA/SA on most of the pistols.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    You've got my attention. I've had a P30, and a P30L. Loved the feel of the guns, but absolutely hated the trigger. HK only makes about 30 different versions though.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had a P30SK V3 that I let go of a while back. Something about a polymer hammer-fired gun didn't quite work for me. And I kind of regret not keeping it. It was a GREAT dead-on shooter, with crazy soft recoil for such a compact package. I can't speak to the LEM trigger, but the V3 in SA was nice. DA was long and heavy, but smooth. I've never re-bought a gun I've turned loose, but I could see adding this back to my stable at some point.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    00V0V_jbJUTsgRK4U_1200x900.jpg

01212_5VyP3DWfv77_1200x900.jpg

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Still a really long trigger pull and DA/SA. Something I'm not proficient enough with to carry so I stick with a same constant trigger pull on everything. (Striker fired)

I’ve gotten to try a HK P30 with the LEM trigger, I liked it well enough. I liked it more than the anti stress trigger on the P99s.

My preference still leans towards the standard DA/SA trigger though, but it’s just a preference not a better than kind of thing. I’m quickly moving to DA/SA on most of the pistols.

I shouldn't have to worry about DA unless I have a round that doesn't go off then 2nd strike capability DA is around 11.5lbs, it's that sweet SA feel that I'm enjoying

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute

The LEM triggers mentioned by the OP do not have two different pulls unless one is second striking a round that failed to fire, or they have one of the very rare variants that have a decocker.

I love the LEM. It isn't for someone that switches guns a lot, though. Unless you have a LOT of reps with long-pull triggers, it will mess with your head.

That said, it (any HK LEM gun) has everything I want in a defensive pistol:
    Consistent pull
    Light pull, but long enough that you can decide to stop mid pull
    Hammer for visual reference and thumbing for reholster
    Dead nuts accurate
    Dead nuts reliable
    No safeties, dongles or decockers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    The LEM triggers mentioned by the OP do not have two different pulls unless one is second striking a round that failed to fire, or they have one of the very rare variants that have a decocker.

I love the LEM. It isn't for someone that switches guns a lot, though. Unless you have a LOT of reps with long-pull triggers, it will mess with your head.

That said, it (any HK LEM gun) has everything I want in a defensive pistol:
    Consistent pull
    Light pull, but long enough that you can decide to stop mid pull
    Hammer for visual reference and thumbing for reholster
    Dead nuts accurate
    Dead nuts reliable
    No safeties, dongles or decockers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes they are DA/SA. The first pull is very long but light but after that first round when it resets its in single action which is pretty much a standard SA trigger. If you completely let go of that trigger it will go all the way forward and you're back at square one.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Its a short reset, I found it and got used to it quickly.
    I transitioned back and forth yesterday between the HK and my Glock 43 without any trouble adjusting. I have different trigger systems on different pistols (semis and revolvers). I'm so far very impressed with this one.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have LEM on all my HK pistols... not much more needs to be said than already has! If I am buying an HK, this is the preferred trigger system!!

Top Bottom