• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    A while back, I picked up a used 7.5” stainless New Model Super Blackhawk.

Now that I’ve had it out several times, I can’t keep it from shooting left. 3 different loads and 2 different shooters with the same result. It’s shooting way left (more than 6”) and I don’t have enough adjustment in the rear sight to bring it in. My hypothesis is that the front sight is out of whack and my eyes agree.

Is there anyone out there that can fix this other than the factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My Super Blackhawk with the 5 1/2 inch barrel came from the factory with the front sight jacked over to the left. I sent it back to them, and they fixed it. That was 1998 or '99. They sent me a mailing slip. So no cost to me.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I tried to get pictures of the sights, but I couldn’t get both in focus. I’ll try again.

How is the barrel attached? I’d believe it’s over turned a few degrees clockwise when looking from the rear.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    Certainly fixing it yourself has advantages. Not sure if you have used Ruger warranty before but maybe worth a call. I needed them once and it was a great experience and zero cost to fix the issue. If you visit one of the Ruger forums you'll find another ton of examples of this type of service from them. IMHO why keep being frustrated and spending your money on ammo when they will do their best to help you out...

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ruger service is absolutely stellar. They've got a no hassle system that takes care of any issue with their products.
    I seldom talk up a company this much but Ruger's Service is as good as it gets.
    Call them and you'll relax about your purchase.
    I've used them 3 times, never any charge, and I couldn't be happier. I will continue to buy Ruger products if for no other reason but their service.
    Last time I used them they had UPS pick up my rifle on a Friday about noon and had it back the next Friday morning.
    Oh, they sent me some nice bling, goodies, etc.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I once had an issue with a 6" GP100 (that I had picked-up, used) and it had sighting issues as you have stated in your OP above.
    I contacted Ruger's CS department and discussed it with them and they said 'Send 'er in'...and I did!
    I did however, in the letter describing the issue that I sent in with the revolver, ask them to 'zero' the revolver while they had it in the shop.
    While they had it in the shop, they worked it over completely and, when I got it back, the hammer/trigger was smooth and it was a tack-driver!
    Someone took some pride in their Customer Service work!

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Update on this. I sent the revolver out Monday 8-6 and received it back today 8-17.

Everything seemed good to at the range. Great customer service from Ruger!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Update on this. I sent the revolver out Monday 8-6 and received it back today 8-17.

Glad to hear! Ruger has exemplary customer service and it's nice to hear that there's another satisfied owner! Hope you enjoy it for a long time!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Great to hear. I would say what took you so long to send it back, but I'm sitting on a Sig that should have been sent back a couple months ago. The last time I sent a Sig back, they did nothing to the pistol. Not happy with them. Only used Ruger customer service once. Good experience.

Top Bottom