• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had the SD9VE, so I'm not tempted there, but the 2.0 Compact???
    I have a CZ Omega used lined up to buy and this makes me wonder if I should get this instead?
    Is a used CZ worth the extra serious money over this new 2.0: $300 + tax/$21 =$321 for the 2.0 compared to the $400 - $500+ pricing for the CZ that I see used on Armslist?
    I would think for the CZ must be a whole tier/level better in every way, like the Smith is a tier 2 and the CZ is a tier 1.
    Educate me. I have never been disappointed in any Smith I've had, but I have shot better guns, but just didn't think they were worth double the money.
    I did break down and buy the Glock 43, but it was no better than my SW MP Shield 9mm: sold the Glock.
    The Glock 42 (.380) was better than my Smith Bodyguard (.380), so I did sell the Smith and kept the Glock.
    Be interesting to see if the CZ Omega impresses me so much I want to look into a Shield 9 size (although the Sig 365 felt good in the hand last week, but I'll wait till they get the bugs out before I try it out since prices are so inflated for that ($700 in Westfield, and $650 at Indy Gun Bunker: saw one today there).

The 642 revolver (my default CC) I RAN over to Cabelas on a tip from here last summer to get one for $300 (they were selling used on Armslist for $400+ at the time)
    and here they are for $245.
    They were on sale at one of my favorite shops in Westfield for $350 weeks ago.

mail

mail

mail

mail

Last edited:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Just picked up one of the Compacts and fits great in the hand for me and one sweet shooter! That my friend is a bargain for a nicely put together gun!psyko

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    That is a very good price for a good handgun. I'd buy this and if you don't like it you can always sell it and I'd bet you wouldn't lose money.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I wouldn't tier the cz against the mp. Two completely different pistols. While the MP 2.0 is a fine pistol, it is a plastic striker made to be carried. They master being averagely above average, but are wonderful shooters. The cz is bigger, heavier, da/sa, and an above average shooter. The cz feels special when you shoot it, they have a soul that no plastic wonder can replace. They are both great shooters. It would come down to a single overriding question if I were making the choice.
    -Is this for carry?- Yes MP, No CZ

My personal choice was one of each lol, the mp is on my hip nearly everyday. The cz is the only pistol I have that gets requested by friends when I go shooting with them.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I wouldn't tier the cz against the mp. Two completely different pistols. While the MP 2.0 is a fine pistol, it is a plastic striker made to be carried. They master being averagely above average, but are wonderful shooters. The cz is bigger, heavier, da/sa, and an above average shooter. The cz feels special when you shoot it, they have a soul that no plastic wonder can replace. They are both great shooters. It would come down to a single overriding question if I were making the choice.
    -Is this for carry?- Yes MP, No CZ.

Bingo ! :yesway:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    -Is this for carry?- Yes MP, No CZ
    My personal choice was one of each lol, the mp is on my hip nearly everyday. The cz is the only pistol I have that gets requested by friends when I go shooting with them.

1. That was masterful. :thumbsup:
    2. I have been around and shot just enough different guns that I totally get what you are saying!
    3. Which is the reason I am going to be buying a CZ Omega even though I have the Shield 9mm:
    two totally different "attitudes."
    4. It is like comparing my Shield 9 Compact .22LR, which I enjoy, but my bigger heavier 1911 style .22LRs are a different type of enjoyment.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! Just placed my order for an M&P 9 2.0 compact. I was going to wait until I sold my 1.0 9c and full size to get one. Can't beat this deal though and didn't want to wait.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! Just placed my order for an M&P 9 2.0 compact. I was going to wait until I sold my 1.0 9c and full size to get one. Can't beat this deal though and didn't want to wait.

1. It has got to be good to get my attention, and I would buy one myself, but I just negotiated to buy a CZ Omega and I have been wanting to try the CZ brand out but it's too expensive, but i just sold a gun and have 1 or 2 more than need trimmed, so I feel "empowered." :laugh:
    2. The price on the hammerless Smith 642 blew me away: a true utility CC gun. I don't like it; it doesn't bring me any joy, but it is the quintessential small CC for me.
    3. Now, my range toys must bring me joy or they don't last long in the safe. :draw:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Damn, if I didn't have 3 of them already, I'd be buying another Compact 2.0.

Smith is really putting the squeeze on the polymer striker fired market.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Anyone know Rural kings policy on putting something on sale? I just bought one of these 2 weeks ago at 439....

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Damn, if I didn't have 3 of them already, I'd be buying another Compact 2.0.
    Smith is really putting the squeeze on the polymer striker fired market.

1. 3 of the same gun!!!!! :lmfao:
    2. And I get criticized for buying or selling the "occasional" gun: outrageous! :ugh:
    3. I think I'm just being picked on for being the newbie in the crowd and the guys that have been around just have outgrown my "stage" of development. :rofl:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. 3 of the same gun!!!!! :lmfao:
    2. And I get criticized for buying or selling the "occasional" gun: outrageous! :ugh:
    3. I think I'm just being picked on for being the newbie in the crowd and the guys that have been around just have outgrown my "stage" of development. :rofl:

1. One is none
    2. Two is one
    3. Three means I have a backup

I tend to stack deep, not wide. Generally for my carry gun, I want at least 2, but prefer 3.

I'm not a collector, and I don't add random stuff to my inventory. Shoot what I carry, and carry what I shoot. Not interested in trying out everything out there, for 5 minutes at a time, but believe in having spares of what I carry.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. One is none
    2. Two is one

I tend to stack deep, not wide. Generally for my carry gun, I want at least 2, but prefer 3.

I'm not a collector, and I don't add random stuff to my inventory. Shoot what I carry, and carry what I shoot. Not interested in trying out everything out there, for 5 minutes at a time, but believe in having spares of what I carry.

1. So little time: so many guns.
    2. Unfortunately, I have a 35 yr. gap in my experience and the clock is ticking. :oldwise:
    3. When retirement comes (1- 5 yrs.) it all comes to a screeching halt. :fogey:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    1. One is none
    2. Two is one

Wise words from good ole Clint Smith. Think he's on to something LOL

Top Bottom