• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Manage to come across a gen 3 G31 .357 sig for $350 this past weekend. Came with a .40 S&W barrel (supposedly the G22 and G31 are the same gun? not sure how true that is? :dunno:),8 mags and a holster. That's a good deal for a glock if I say so myself. Got a $100 in mags alone. Most likely going to sell the .40 barrel got no need for it.

98wtZ0z.jpg

v39V5Db.jpg

For the people that thought I was a glock hater for my "Glocks hold value why?" thread awhile back hahaha. I like them but its gotta be for the right price. Just my 2 cents
    G31, G20, G17

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You may very well want to just keep and store that .40 barrel. .40 is much cheaper to buy retail and is generally easier to find at the big box retailers if you're hard up for .357 Sig.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Manage to come across a gen 3 G31 .357 sig for $350 this past weekend. Came with a .40 S&W barrel (supposedly the G22 and G31 are the same gun? not sure how true that is? :dunno:),8 mags and a holster. That's a good deal for a glock if I say so myself. Got a $100 in mags alone. Most likely going to sell the .40 barrel got no need for it.

For the people that thought I was a glock hater for my "Glocks hold value why?" thread awhile back hahaha. I like them but its gotta be for the right price. Just my 2 cents
    G31, G20, G17

Personally, I'd keep the 40 barrel. To me it makes the gun more versatile even though I'm not a fan of 40 (and ammo much more available than 357 sig). Obviously not that big of a deal as you have other guns from the picture, etc, but just my thought, especially since the 40 and 357 share the same mags, etc.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I agree with the above, keep the .40 barrel. Not to mention down the road you might decide to sell the gun, and having a .357 and .40 barrel together may be exactly what a potential buyer is looking for.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Truth is I still might sell it for a couple reasons... I plan on getting a G22 eventually. Figured I would go ahead and complete the full size line on the glocks. I'm one of the weird ones that like the gun the way it came from the factory too. Very seldom do I make any aftermarket changes to a gun. The collector side of me I guess.

Another is I already have several handguns in .40, plus I reload so the price of .357 sig isn't that bothersome to me. Kind of more of a range toy not something I'm gonna be blasting away with.

Also the .40 is a good round but its not really my taste, tend to fall more towards .45 acp or 9mm when its something I want to shoot often or carry... If i get a couple 20s out of the barrel I'll be happy, just means I bought the gun for a cheaper price in the long run in my eyes :):

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I pick up factory reloaded 357 sig ball ammo for around 20 cents a round as part of team buds, when they list them they sell quick. No need for a 40 barrel if you buy in bulk and buy smart. 357sig self defense ammo is on par with 40 and 9mm it's all expensive. I've got a glock 32 that I like very much, I even paid retail and bought it new. Throw the 40 barrel in the trash, regardless of what people say there is a difference in the followers, a 40 follower will cause misfeeds every now and then. The 357 follower has proven completely reliable with the funky little round. Maybe 40 feeds fine out of a 357 follower tho... Still it's more than a barrel swap, unless you had dedicated magazines for either round.

Top Bottom