• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Reliability notwithstanding, I'd pick the G43 for trigger familiarity and, while I never thought I'd say this about a Glock, aesthetics.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Nothing the sig does lessens the reliability of performance of my g43.
    I run Pearce +1 . That's 8 if you count the one in the chamber, tr-glow pros, 147gr g2.
    I'm happy and shoot my 43 well.
    Why would I want to switch?
    It is the perfect back up for my g30...

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Nothing the sig does lessens the reliability of performance of my g43.
    I run Pearce +1 . That's 8 if you count the one in the chamber, tr-glow pros, 147gr g2.
    I'm happy and shoot my 43 well.
    Why would I want to switch?
    It is the perfect back up for my g30...

Firepower matters. That's why we don't use trapdoors and revolvers any more.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    IÂ’ll take a 43 all day everyday over the Sig... so what Sig made a compact pistol to compete with GlockÂ’s.

Hate to be the one to start the crap show, but Sig handguns are junk, I wouldn’t own a non Sig p210 if you practically gave me it.... I’ve seen more junk come from them recently than any other manufacturer. And their track record of late is getting worse and worse. Hard Pass on the “signess”.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If I was going to switch from a glock 43 it would be a shield. The record for reliability in sig striker fired pistols is not very good compared to S&W and glock.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I only carry my 43 occasionally. No reason to switch. I can make 25 yards hits easily with it, it's reliable, and it's already paid for.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have a Shield with Magguts +2. No bigger than factory 8 round magazines, 10 rounds with one in the chamber, never had a failure, shoots better than I do.

What P365?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I owned a G43 once for an entire range trip. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Unpleasant to shoot with defensive ammo and awkward feeling. Would be almost last on my list of small 9mm pistols that I would carry, but not dead last, thanks to the awful Beretta Nano.

I have a P365 and just can't see myself getting rid of it. A very pleasant shooter, same size as a G43, but 10+1 instead of the ridiculous "might as well be a J frame" 6+1 capacity of the G43. The P365 is the only reason I even carry a 9mm, usually with the extended mag for 13 rounds of 147 grain HSTs in my pocket. If I want a low capacity pocket pistol, my Shield .45 fits in my pocket just as well as a Shield 9.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If I was going to switch from a glock 43 it would be a shield. The record for reliability in sig striker fired pistols is not very good compared to S&W and glock.

1. I gravitated toward the Shield 9 nearly a year ago and tried many other guns before and after to see if there is a "better" feel for me.
    2. I got the Glock 43 after getting the Glock 26 and loving it (and the Glock 42 just for fun).
    3. Just yesterday I pitted the Shield and 26 against each other at the range (again), and bought hard case paddle IWB holsters for each at the LEO store, Stephen Jenkins on 6680 E 21st St. (by Shadeland) since I can't decide which to train with in a CC class in a couple of weeks. I also bought a better ankle holster that uses both.
    I also picked up a good belt, and it does make a difference! (only 1.5 inch, though, b/c of the pants I wear a 2 inch was out and a 1.75 was iffy.
    4. The Glock 43 got sold a week after buying it and going to the range with it twice: it could not keep up with the Shield 9 for a small carry in my hand (ironically I liked the Glock 42 better even though I want to divest myself of the .380 caliber if I can find a small enough 9mm to match the size. I'm wondering if I have to go back to a Ruger EC9 (the LC9, not much smaller than the Shield). I'd love to try out a CZ Rami to see about it's size for a carry compared to my Shield 9 and/or Glock 26 (but 26 is more than a carry to me).
    5. I have no dog in the fight and don't know all the prejudices about manufactures, but I just know what feels good the hand and what the targets are telling me.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I only carry my 43 occasionally. No reason to switch. I can make 25 yards hits easily with it, it's reliable, and it's already paid for.

1. WOW! I am impressed: 75 feet and accurate.
    2. You are certainly in a different class than I am; I wouldn't even think of using a small 9 mm for that distance: but, I am inexperienced.

I owned a G43 once for an entire range trip. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Unpleasant to shoot with defensive ammo and awkward feeling. Would be almost last on my list of small 9mm pistols that I would carry, but not dead last, thanks to the awful Beretta Nano.

3. My experience exactly on both: been there, tried that and moved on.
    4. On a personal note, Route 45, I am in the process of buying another CZ and it looks like your FNS Longslide might be "trimmed," and I love it: my favorite polymer!

I have a P365 and just can't see myself getting rid of it. A very pleasant shooter, same size as a G43, but 10+1 instead of the ridiculous "might as well be a J frame" 6+1 capacity of the G43. The P365 is the only reason I even carry a 9mm, usually with the extended mag for 13 rounds of 147 grain HSTs in my pocket. If I want a low capacity pocket pistol, my Shield .45 fits in my pocket just as well as a Shield 9.

5. That was my experience with the Shield .45: pocket carry was fine, but it wouldn't work in my ankle holster: it was a tough decision to let it go, but I was in a mode of trimming calibers, and did so for 4 calibers.
    6. I have an open mind about the Sig 365, but I'm too busy chasing and throwing money at CZs right now.

Pfft! I'll put my Nano up against a 43 or 365 any day of the week. She just needed a little Galloway love.

7. I tried the Nano, but the human factor, me, didn't work out any better than the Shield 9, but, of course, that was just me.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    As long as it's a reliable weapon from a major manufacturer that you shoot well - this whole best pistol thing is a fool's errand.

As long as it goes bang when needed, you and your ability are far more important than what you're carrying.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Indian MIM parts or a Glock.....seems like a no brainer to me.

Gen4 and newer Glocks use MIM parts. Not that there's anything wrong with MIM, if done properly.
    The Glock 43 is not without its problems.
    The real no-brainer to me is 13 rounds vs 7 or 8 in the same size handgun.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    1. I gravitated toward the Shield 9 nearly a year ago and tried many other guns before and after to see if there is a "better" feel for me.
    2. I got the Glock 43 after getting the Glock 26 and loving it (and the Glock 42 just for fun).
    3. Just yesterday I pitted the Shield and 26 against each other at the range (again), and bought hard case paddle IWB holsters for each at the LEO store, Stephen Jenkins on 6680 E 21st St. (by Shadeland) since I can't decide which to train with in a CC class in a couple of weeks. I also bought a better ankle holster that uses both.
    I also picked up a good belt, and it does make a difference! (only 1.5 inch, though, b/c of the pants I wear a 2 inch was out and a 1.75 was iffy.
    4. The Glock 43 got sold a week after buying it and going to the range with it twice: it could not keep up with the Shield 9 for a small carry in my hand (ironically I liked the Glock 42 better even though I want to divest myself of the .380 caliber if I can find a small enough 9mm to match the size. I'm wondering if I have to go back to a Ruger EC9 (the LC9, not much smaller than the Shield). I'd love to try out a CZ Rami to see about it's size for a carry compared to my Shield 9 and/or Glock 26 (but 26 is more than a carry to me).
    5. I have no dog in the fight and don't know all the prejudices about manufactures, but I just know what feels good the hand and what the targets are telling me.

Train like you carry. Does no good to train a different way then you carry.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Train like you carry. Does no good to train a different way then you carry.

1. That's what I thought, too.
    2. But, the way I carry gets much grief (DeSanti Superfly pocket holster), so for training I have to take it up a notch to keep others happy, meaning an OWB holster. (I really wanted to train with my snubbie, but that is "unacceptable" as well). I've been carrying it all week in a IWB holster that caught much grief, but it works just fine for me. After some time elapsed, I'll go to that thread and admit the deed that I have done. :laugh:
    3. Plus, I have another carry method that I've been wearing for the last week, but when I brought it up it was an onslaught of negatives, so I try to keep my mouth shut.
    4. Guns are one thing, but holsters really bring out the "rain."
    5. I went to Stephen Jenkins (LEO supply shop) on E 21st St., near Shadeland yesterday, and bought a gun belt, a better ankle holster, a IWB leather holster (for the Shield 9 and Glock 26: yes, made for either), and 2 dedicated Fobus paddle holsters for the Shield 9 and Glock 26 to use for training, but I'm sure they are not up to the standards of acceptability, but I went there since it was a LEO shop where real professionals go to get their wares. And, when I was at training a last week for a Basic Handgun class, I bought an IWB holster for the Shield and Glock, b/c most of mine are for smaller guns that I've sold.

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    "Firepower matters..."
    Look, if you think Jesus is gonna be packin a sig365 - happy trails.
    I'm happy with my 43, I shoot it well, and it's a great choice for me as a bug.
    I don't care for the sig.
    I still pack a mod19 S&W once in a while, I don't feel underguned when I do.
    And, I DO own and shoot a couple 45-70 springfields...
    It's the Indian, not the bow.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just curious if anyone would still pick the g43 over the P365 if the reliability issues for Sig weren't there. Anyone just like the G43 better and if so why?

What's the point of this question since the reliability issues ARE there?:dunno:

Top Bottom