• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Over the years, all of us find that one gun or gun smith that we just chase for what seems like a lifetime...

About 6 years ago, I stumbled upon a few pistols made by Joe Chambers. As soon as I saw these pistols, I knew I had to have one. I immediately called Joe and placed my order. Over the years I have had the privledge of not only learning a lot about Joe, but also making a good friend.

Since the first Chambers gun I ordered, I have also placed orders for several others with not only Joe, but many other custom gun smiths... many in this very group. Around 2 or 3 years ago, Joe offered a very short run of .22LR Upper conversions. I was pretty excited and convinced I would buy one, but... Sometimes life serves you up a ****ty dish and what you plan on doing just does not work out.

A few people I know, knew I missed the run of only 20 conversions made... And they knew I would always be looking for an SSG .22 Conversion until I found one. I was very lucky enough to be presented the opportunity to buy a used one (upper only) from a shooter who is now sponsored by one of the biggest shooting teams in the country... and with sponsorship comes commitment to using said sponsors equipment.

I was able to work out a deal and have the conversion sent back to Joe for inspection as well as a full fitting to a new frame for it. Out of pure luck, the conversion I got was serial #20... and Joe just so happen to have serial #20 frame that would be a perfect match!
    The finished pistol is incredible... The overall craftsmanship is honestly second to none and I can say its likely the finest pistol I have handled. Its amazing how the pistol feels in hand... the stippling with the Aztec cuts is something that doesn't feel like anything else I have had, and is absolutely the best feeling stipple work I have felt on a gun (thats a tall statement coming from me).

The blending is spot on, the finish is perfect... everything inside and out is honestly as good as it gets.

This will undoubtedly be the gun that I will be teaching my son to shoot with, which gives it even more meaning to me...

Not only is this pistol special for the reasons I mentioned up top, but its also been used to shoot a Police National Record for indoor slow fire and the shooter shot an 895-48 and made the Mayleigh Cup National team... 895-48 is ridiculous.

I am proud to present a pistol I have lusted over for a long time... one that I was not sure I would get, and one that is the first of many... a Unicorn! A pistol put together for me by my friend Joe!!

42657339874_b09b34b8d5_b.jpg

29503863258_7018116c55_b.jpg

29503863278_c6e7f47eec_b.jpg

42657340184_59db7b6dc4_b.jpg

42469809155_a35e7d1926_b.jpg

42657339714_f3bb35240e_b.jpg

42657339994_68aa660d8b_b.jpg

42469809195_9a187aff77_b.jpg

42469809135_42baabfa51_b.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    WOW! What a great read!
    As I lover of .22LRs I was looking to see if it was for sale, ha!
    I probably couldn't afford it, anyway.
    The closest I have to this is laughable and isn't any more accurate than I couple of other .22LRs semi-autos that I have: a GSG 1911-22 with over $550 of upgrades.
    It probably is me, the X-factor and others could shoot it better.
    I had to have a .22 that had much love put into it (was at ZR Tactical in Noblesville where I have bought different guns.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ive got 4 words to describe that gun be you ti full

ive always said, i'll never own a gun I wont shoot!, and i'd be afraid to shoot it! that's some old school bluing! the gun companies need to take note!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    ive got 4 words to describe that gun be you ti full

ive always said, i'll never own a gun I wont shoot!, and i'd be afraid to shoot it! that's some old school bluing! the gun companies need to take note!

I shoot all my guns and use them as they were meant to be used! No real reason to pay 4K, 6K, even 10K for a 1911 if you are just gonna look at it:) Plus, lets be honest... if you run it hard and it get scratched up... its not like you cant get it refinished!!

Cheers brother!

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

I shoot all my guns and use them as they were meant to be used! No real reason to pay 4K, 6K, even 10K for a 1911 if you are just gonna look at it:) Plus, lets be honest... if you run it hard and it get scratched up... its not like you cant get it refinished!!

Cheers brother!

id imagine it'd cost 4k,6k even 10k to get that piece of art refinished!

look at the reflection on the slide stop, it looks like theres an American flag on it, i'd hate to see how much doug turnbull'd charge to refinish that! I can truthfully say I've never seen a bluing job as nice as whats on your pistol!, it looks like a blue tinted mirror! its probably one of the nicest pistols ive ever laid eyes on!, that's a "white glove gun" if ive ever saw one!

shoot/show off that puppy!, id show that thing off even more than my trophy wife! (if I had one of those!)

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    id imagine it'd cost 4k,6k even 10k to get that piece of art refinished!

look at the reflection on the slide stop, it looks like theres an American flag on it, i'd hate to see how much doug turnbull'd charge to refinish that! I can truthfully say I've never seen a bluing job as nice as whats on your pistol!, it looks like a blue tinted mirror! its probably one of the nicest pistols ive ever laid eyes on!, that's a "white glove gun" if ive ever saw one!

shoot/show off that puppy!, id show that thing off even more than my trophy wife! (if I had one of those!)

No doubt Joe Chambers know exactly what he’s doing when he blues a 1911! Don’t even want to know how many hours of flat sanding he has into them!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Was able to get this out to the range today... all I can say is DAYUM! Fired off around 250 rounds... all flawless! From slow fire to rapid fire not a hiccup.

Pure class boys, pure class!

Top Bottom