• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Let's just say there's a guy and this guy loves .40 caliber anything and the odder the gun, the better. Now this guy wants a .40 AR with a 4.5" barrel and a pistol brace. Anyone know, speaking hypothetically of course, where a guy would start his search for such a build?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Yeah, I'd go with Rudy at Macon Armory. Good thing about a 40 cal AR is that factory 180g FMJ are already sub sonic. Probably about the same price maybe a little cheaper than 147/158g 9mm

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I believe Rock River Arms sells 40 cal uppers, mag well blocks, and magazines... or at least they used to.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You have to be careful in what threads you read on INGO. They can be hard on the wallet. I dropped into this one just out of boredom and now find myself thinking that I need to add a .40 AR Pistol to the family. Don't know why, but it seems like it would be a cool project. I have a .300BO pistol that I don't shoot much but a .40 would be a nice one to run for fairly little money.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    You have to be careful in what threads you read on INGO. They can be hard on the wallet. I dropped into this one just out of boredom and now find myself thinking that I need to add a .40 AR Pistol to the family. Don't know why, but it seems like it would be a cool project. I have a .300BO pistol that I don't shoot much but a .40 would be a nice one to run for fairly little money.

When I get this one done I'm going to try and build a .50 AE. What can I say, I'm a sucker for "oddball."

Top Bottom