• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I grew weary of waiting for the gen 4 17L, I've passed on a few gen 3s but agreed to a trade offer for one this morning. Took it to the range and it's extremely fun to shoot. The 6" barrel is almost comical to look at. There will be haters lol who will ask "why?". I shrug and reply "why not?".

Glock 43 for comparison :):

00v0v_4uCdiEAiBie_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_2FGAIcdXpfA_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_hM9hxsWQVeI_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_64EAN4Qvf7x_1200x900.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I totally "get it."
    I love long barrels and have seen some that are intoxicatingly beautiful, imo. I saw a Glock (I think) in Westfield's Marksman Shooting Sports that seemed to be a foot long, ha!
    I still remember it and it's been months.
    I loved the difference between my FNS Bronze 4" and my FNS Longslide 5" (and wish it could have been 6" barrel: how can you give the name "Longslide" to a mere 5" barrel. :laugh:
    Even though the Bronze was the "looker," my range results was the 5" was the better shooter for me. Yes, size matters. :dunno:

I keep threatening to sell the Longslide to pay for my other sins, but it is my favorite polymer shooter with it's big grip and longer barrel: I love it!
    If I eventually spend the money for a CZ Shadow 2, I'll have to sell the Longslide for sure, and I should sell it after getting the CZ SP-01 Tactical this week, but I can sell the CZ 75 Omega to pay for that, I'll let the drama unfold. :popcorn:
    These better guns that I've recently acquired are hard to part with, where my less expensive ones where easy to kiss goodbye.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've always wanted to shoot one of those before I slap the cash down.

Possibly let my G21 go......maybe

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I love my 17L. I shoot Steel Challenge with it and they always accuse me of cheating since the barrel is already half way to the target! I've had multiple sub 3 second runs with this pistol!
    glock17L.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I had a Glock 17 in my hand today and I loved it: a bigger grip than my FNS Longslide that I'm going to sell to pay for my new CZ addiction.

Top Bottom