• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I desired the heavier CZ SP-01 after shooting one with a member here who had one as I was shooting my "new" CZ 75 B Omega: I was able to be more accurate with his SP-01 Tactical.
    There was a 36 oz vs. a 40 oz difference and a 16 round vs. an 18 round difference. I can really feel the 4 oz. difference; I didn't care about magazine size, but still I think it's cool!

A member here sent me a link to gunbroker with a CZ SP-01 Tactical for sale, and I went for it. I still can't believe my affinity for the CZ, it is rare that I find a gun I really want to keep b/c of the sheer joy it brings me.

I got it today right before 6 pm closing time, and I was so busy with a 6am Mens Breakfast, 9am rehab (for new hip), 11am range trip (shot my CC S/W 642 hammerless snubbie at 20', and my Glock 42, and then had a blast with some .22LR semi-autos., then got oil changed at 12:30 and then spent the afternoon with the wife looking at 4 types of SUVs (spent all evening doing research b/c she wants the Honda CR-V, not the Toyota Rav4 like I do b/c of a REAL tranny and not these disposable CVTs). :ugh:
    She get to choose her car this time and has veto power since I've been buying the "most value for the dollar car" over our last 45 yrs.
    She's really never cared much, but later I hear of her displeasure, and I always say, "Why didn't you speak up?" This time it's on her. Of course, she knows better than to buy certain cars which will go nameless.

Before supper I was able to go pick up the gun, and at first blush: I'm delighted. :thumbsup:
    Hope to shoot it tomorrow, but I might have to be looking at CR-Vs all day long.

1OinFX3.jpg
    RhbUh5c.jpg
    B0awa4I.jpg
    lpsY5Tk.jpg
    6uS8in1.jpg
    By1es1V.jpg
    Uoyb46k.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Your collection and taste in pistols have come a long way since the days of the 709slim :). Both look great.

:rofl::laugh6: :thumbsup: :lmfao: :laugh: ;) :) That was a hilarious comment and so dripping with truth!!

Yes, I'm so embarrassed over the Taurus Slim 709 days: good grief! What an idiot! :ugh:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I have a feeling that the Tactical is going to win. I'm interested in seeing which one you choose.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a feeling that the Tactical is going to win. I'm interested in seeing which one you choose.

1. Actually, it has already won since I fired a member's (it was an SP-01 w/o the "Tactical" added on, but that can't be a bad thing to get more than expected!), at the range last week and it won which is what turned me on to them.
    2. I'm really looking forward to some range time with them, but that might not even happen tomorrow b/c the wife has an agenda for me.
    3. After the range time I've got to get serious about selling my FNS Longslide and probably my 75 B Omega (which is spoken for) to pay for some of this summer's wildness. :laugh:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As long as you stay ahead of me on buying and selling I won't feel like I need an intervention.:) Nice purchase! Enjoy it!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Interested to hear the range report and thanks for the pics. Since I'm not overly familiar with the CZ models, the pics are helpful.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My Tactical is a tack driver and a real pleasure to shoot. Your going to fall in love with it.!!!!

1. I believe it, since I've already shot the Sp-01 belonging to a member, and liked it better.
    2. If I hadn't experienced that I wouldn't have known a would have been happy with the 75 B Omega.

As long as you stay ahead of me on buying and selling I won't feel like I need an intervention.:) Nice purchase! Enjoy it!

3. I have less than 2 weeks and then school starts and I will slow down.

Interested to hear the range report and thanks for the pics. Since I'm not overly familiar with the CZ models, the pics are helpful.

4. I can't wait myself. Today, after physical therapy for the hip I spent the day with the wife hunting SUVs: started out looking for Honda CR-Vs and found out after visiting the Subaru that it is is the Forester that we want. (Found one to buy, but that another story and I'm too tired). A friend stopped by to show off his C-7 Vette he picked up a week ago (with supercharger), so between the two, no gun play today. Tomorrow is Ziebart day for both cars, so hopefully I'll make it to the range in late afternoon.

You're a buying and selling machine, doddg ! ;)

5. I have had not much to do recovering from surgery, so I had a chance to indulge.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    We need to go shoot sometime. Some things can't be explained, and must be felt.

1. I'm listening!
    2. I have been made a believer before: this whole CZ trip is an example.
    3. I'm open to the concept, I just can't imagine what I'd like better than a 40 oz SP-01 Tactical, unless it was a 46 oz Shadow 2 like I've shot at the outdoor range in Columbus that belonged to my long-time friend here (few months :laugh:): gmcttr (1st one I ever went to the range with from INGO shooting his two fantastic 1911s, and a new Glock 19X, lucky me:ar15:).
    4. I have 1.5 weeks left before I go back to work and I'm not at my leisure (except for medical appts.).
    5. PM me to make arrangements.

5424F132-CC31-4414-A196-FDBF5610AF38_zpsxcqgwjpf.jpg

PHANTOM!
    Mine is on the way!

6. So much love for the Phantom here: amazing!

OP - looking forward to your range reports.

7. Today, I have 2 cars to take to Ziebart at 8am and 12:30mp, and when I go to the 12:30, I'll be able to go to the range while they are working on it (next door, believe it or not).
    8. So, as we lovers of God say: God-willing, I'll be at the range for as long as I can stand putting rounds through all my 9mms today, and mostly the CZs, so I can make sure I want to sell my "original" CZ: 75 B Omega convertible.
    9. I might get close to running out b/c I ordered a 1000 rounds, and I "found" a 1000 rounds "hidden" in the safe, and I thought I'd be "loaded" for awhile, but going the range nearly every day for the past few weeks gets expensive, but I have 1000s of rounds of .22LR to pacify myself if I run out of money for ammo b/c my wife takes all the money out of circulation to buy a Subaru Forester (like almost happened yesterday when we both thought the price was $20.2K but it was $22.2K, and we walked (I would have just bought a new one ,literally at that price b/c it was a level 4 trim and we only wanted level 2, I could have been "almost" happy with level 1, but I told me wife we are not going "cheap," this time, buy my standards: yours, I'd still be cheap) :rofl:

10. Range report forthwith this pm probably after supper.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time with my newest CZ (SP-01 Tactical) and my 1st CZ (75 B Omega).
    In the past the Tactical won the accuracy contest but not today: confusing.
    Yes, I was excited and got in a hurry. I would hit the 1st shot in the red and then not be able to do it again with the same 10 round (my limit).

The first pic is confusing b/c I used an old target with an "X" I put all around.
    But, it does show grouping.
    What is ironic is that I didn't do this well on the regual 5 in 1 targets. :wallbash:

It is labeled with the both in the middle edge and bottom edge.
    On left = Tactical; on right 75 B Omega.
    Tactical had "tighter" groups.
    eVKrMkp.jpg

20' with Tactical on left and 75 B Omega on right.
    zExmsat.jpg

20' with the 75 B Omega on top and the Tactical on bottom.
    9PkRjnQ.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Good looking groups sir!

On an unrelated note, the Honda needs some black rims to match the top. :cool:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I will leave this here, just saying the Shadow 2 is 46.5oz (i know in your head right now weigh = better shooting) and the trigger is much better compared to say a stock SP-01

xs7I2W9h.jpg

Also just bought a new Honda Accord , just a word of warning I purchased the 2.0 liter engine (252 HP turbocharged) and that car is pretty quick off the line (but no race-car mind you but fast for a sedan). The hood had some paint issues which are being fixed at the dealership so they gave me a "loaner" car which is the accord with the 1.5 liter (same engine as what is most CR-V's as well as the same CVT transmission) in the car its kind of a slow pairing, I could not imagine that engine in a cross-over SUV. Though I might be in the minority where I would rather have a faster funner car than say a car that gets 30+ MPG

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good looking groups sir!
    On an unrelated note, the Honda needs some black rims to match the top. :cool:

1. NOOOOOOO!
    2. You must be young. We old people :oldwise: like CHROME on our wheels.
    3. If you are going to have black rims you might as well have steel rims. :rofl:IMO!
    4. Watch out. When it comes to guns I will put up with opinions of others since I'm the newb, but when it comes to cars, I have decades invested. :nono:
    5. Seriously thought, I have never understood the popularity of blackened rims: what a waste! imo, again. :laugh6:
    6. If just a little bit of the rim is blackened (edges where it gets really dirty anyway), then I can put up with it for practical reasons, but not on my car! :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I will leave this here, just saying the Shadow 2 is 46.5oz (i know in your head right now weigh = better shooting) and the trigger is much better compared to say a stock SP-01

xs7I2W9h.jpg

Also just bought a new Honda Accord , just a word of warning I purchased the 2.0 liter engine (252 HP turbocharged) and that car is pretty quick off the line (but no race-car mind you but fast for a sedan). The hood had some paint issues which are being fixed at the dealership so they gave me a "loaner" car which is the accord with the 1.5 liter (same engine as what is most CR-V's as well as the same CVT transmission) in the car its kind of a slow pairing, I could not imagine that engine in a cross-over SUV. Though I might be in the minority where I would rather have a faster funner car than say a car that gets 30+ MPG

1. The Shadow 2 looks marvelous: much better than just the blued (or black).
    2. It is on my wish list. :coffee:
    3. When it comes to cars/Suvs: yes, I am not pleased with the offerings. Fortunately, since I've been driving a Corolla for the past 400 yrs., most anything, although underpowered, is better, or at least what I'm used to.
    4. I don't even want to talk about the CVT that has been thrust upon the public for the few extra mpg?
    5. Good grief: my 05 Corolla got 40 mpg on the highway and in normal driving I have always averaged 30 mpg: SO WHY SCREW AROUND WITH IT, for what, an extra couple miles per gallon.
    6. These trannies are not going to hold up (200,000 miles) and you can't fix them: total replacement/$5000, I've been told.
    7. I hope I'm wrong, but my research has been scary. Seems like Subaru is ahead of the game, with Toyota doing well with the CVT.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom