• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I woke up one day and ordered a case of 9mm just to find out I had a case "hidden" in the safe and so I was "loaded," forgive pun for the summer and fall. WRONG!
    I woke up 2 weeks later and I have 2 boxes left, which if I sneeze at the range: I'm out.
    It seems to take 3 weeks to get ammo delivered the door ($170 - $200).
    Could be 2 weeks, and it is just the waiting. :dunno:

Where would I go locally to get some 9mm at no more than $200/1000 rounds (20 cents ea.)/case?

I live in Wannamaker, so I don't want to drive an hour to do so, in fact, I would prefer it if you drove to my house and put a case in my garage or leave it in by the front door like UPS and I'll leave the money in the mailbox and just hope the mailman doesn't think it is his tip, so maybe I'd better just mail you a check. :rofl:
    Yes, I do think I'm funny!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Sgammo, TargetsportsUSA and Brownells (usually has a coupon code available) should all deliver to your door in under a week.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Go in to one of your favorite LGS that's maybe given you a break before on a gun or let you fondle 12 guns before purchasing or given you great info, etc etc and buy a bunch of 9mm ammo from them as a thank you for their services.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You have to be careful on ammo prices at the LGS sometimes. Right now, it isn't hard to get 9mm fmj for $9 a box on line. Some shops want $11-12 a box(or more) and on a case that starts to add up. I asked one local once about matching a price I saw on line. He told me that he couldn't buy at that price much less sell it for that.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sgammo, TargetsportsUSA and Brownells (usually has a coupon code available) should all deliver to your door in under a week.

1. But, this is my last week of vacation coming up and I need ammo for NOW/everyday till then (go back to work a week from this coming Tuesday!

Go in to one of your favorite LGS that's maybe given you a break before on a gun or let you fondle 12 guns before purchasing or given you great info, etc etc and buy a bunch of 9mm ammo from them as a thank you for their services.

2. I'll call, but no dealer gives good 9mm prices, maybe 22LR (I buy Remington Golden Buckets at Hoosier Armory in Noblesville for $75 (about 6 cents each I think) b/c they work in everything I've got.
    3. Point Bland sometime has sales, but not giving it away either.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

You realize this is doddg we're talking about right? Dude is so thrifty he buys targets in bulk instead of paying $1 at the range.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You realize this is doddg we're talking about right? Dude is so thrifty he buys targets in bulk instead of paying $1 at the range.

1. I truly love to be "sported with" (made fun off) by friends who know my habits and you are so right!
    2. In my defense, if I was still going to Point Blank where they have a dozen different types of targets, even a 6 in 1 (I found a 5 in 1 online), I would buy a couple when going to the range (I might not be quite as cheap as you suspect: but I am cheap and I do love to play the "poor card.")
    3. As it is, Indy Gun Bunker where I now go b/c it is much closer to me (just coincidentally only $13/mo instead of Point Blank's $35/mo, and they have the $60/mo. to bring friends free, but I have no friends (besides being poor), and they only have 1 target and it's a silhouette, which I don't use unless I'm desperate: I save them for 50' or at least 40' fun (I usually use only 20' and 30'.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Honey Creek Tackle had 9mm for sale Thursday for $10 a box.

1. Crap! You could have told me if that was even in the state! :laugh:
    2. I'll google it like I have to do with everything people say here that I have no clue, especially abbreviations. :dunno:

3. Googled: 40 minutes away, not bad if a good convertible day!

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    1. Crap! You could have told me if that was even in the state! :laugh:
    2. I'll google it like I have to do with everything people say here that I have no clue, especially abbreviations. :dunno:

It's on the South side. Do you even gun bro?

Dick's. Evil Dick's has Winchester in stock for $9.98 a 50 pack too. I trust your "thriftyness" won't trump your 2A conscience though so nevermind.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I get all my ammo by the case at Beech Grove Firearms. I buy Federal RTP or AE, but their cost is over your $200 limit.

Quality guns get quality ammo, just like high performance cars get premium fuel. Don't be cheap. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Honey Creek Tackle had 9mm for sale Thursday for $10 a box.

1. I just talked to them and they have 3 cases left ($10.50/box, nothing extra if buying a case), so I might drive down there if I can't find anything any closer (it's 40 minutes away, so I won't!).
    2. I'm trying to get an ad together for my CZ 75 B Omega before I go and I have a 1pm appt., so I got to get busy!

3. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    1. I just talked to them and they have 3 cases left ($10.50/box, nothing extra if buying a case), so I might drive down there if I can't find anything any closer (it's 40 minutes away, so I won't!).
    2. I'm trying to get an ad together for my CZ 75 B Omega before I go and I have a 1pm appt., so I got to get busy!

3. Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

A couple of the Walmarts down south have 6-8 boxes of remington for $8.97 a box according to brickseek. That's a big YMMV though because it said my local store had 20 boxes but when I went, we could only find 6 boxes.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=37954083

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You have to be careful on ammo prices at the LGS sometimes. Right now, it isn't hard to get 9mm fmj for $9 a box on line. Some shops want $11-12 a box(or more) and on a case that starts to add up. I asked one local once about matching a price I saw on line. He told me that he couldn't buy at that price much less sell it for that.

1. Point Blank sells a case for $270 they just said. Wow!

It's on the South side. Do you even gun bro?

2. I knew someone would have to go the "insult" route, but since I recognize your name, I don't mind and will enjoy it instead of ignoring the "superior ones" who know everything. :laugh:
    3. And, no, I don't know every gun store b/c I have no reason, everytime I go to a different one the prices are higher than the two I go to in Westfield and Noblesville, but since moving further south I would like to find a gun store that has prices I would actually buy from like the two I mentioned or which, as cheap as I am, I have bought around less than a dozen guns, new and used from them: imagine! :dunno:
    4. I know nothing about the Southside, just moved S/E to Wannamaker last November.

Dick's. Evil Dick's has Winchester in stock for $9.98 a 50 pack too. I trust your "thriftyness" won't trump your 2A conscience though so nevermind.
    ;

5. I am not familiar with the current prejudice against that place, but if I allowed the "2A" to rule I wouldn't be able to go to work or shop anywhere I'm sure, except a gun store selling groceries.
    6. I am totally familiar with the conspiracy theories of government control (I was brought up on them), and I'm so conservative that the conservatives are liberal to me, and so I'm sure a store's attitude about 2A, the buying of ammo at one place over another rules.
    I could care less.
    I'm not going to live my life by other's attitude about things I agree with or don't agree, or I would not be able to get out of the house, unless my wife applied the same logic and then she'd probably say I couldn't shop there either. :rofl:

I get all my ammo by the case at Beech Grove Firearms. I buy Federal RTP or AE, but their cost is over your $200 limit.

7. Thanks for the tip: I've been there b/c they were close to my other job location, and I noticed their prices were higher than what I could be at other places so don't go there for gun shopping.

Quality guns get quality ammo, just like high performance cars get premium fuel. Don't be cheap. :)

8. Oh, good grief! I am not putting up with that! :nono:
    I buy premium fuel the past 8 yrs. w/o issue but I'm not paying $270 for a case of ammo for the range when others are selling it for $200ish, and I can get it online for $190 the last time and I have seen it for $160 before.
    9. I have blown through $1000 of ammo this summer and bought 6 guns: go find someone who is really is cheap! :lmfao: I am just a value-hunter! :coffee:

A couple of the Walmarts down south have 6-8 boxes of remington for $8.97 a box according to brickseek. That's a big YMMV though because it said my local store had 20 boxes but when I went, we could only find 6 boxes.

10. Everytime I have looked at a WalMart (not often) they have nothing.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Yep, for local, go check out Walmart. And aluminum case federal shoots fine. I have been hitting Brownells with coupons for my last several purchases and they are quite fast, but if I had to go some where local and wanted it close and cheap, I'd probably have to break down and go to Walmart.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    My local gun shop Left Behind Firearms (rural Rushville) had cases of CCI 9mm for $195 earlier this month. That was a sale price, so I'm not sure what he's at now. It'd probably be a little bit longer drive than Honey Creek Tackle, but I figured I'd still mention it.

Top Bottom