• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just can't help myself when it comes to trying out yet another .22LR.
    A man in Shelbyville who I bought the Ruger P89 and the Smith and Wesson 22A-1 from had this for sale.
    He also has a gun I want: Beretta M9-22LR, but he won't part with it. He loves it.
    I have been curious about this Sig .22.
    Range report coming either Sunday evening or Monday evening.
    I'll have my 5 in 1 targets with the Ruger Mark 4 on top and the Browning Buckmark on the bottom with this Sig in the middle.

I'll also have a range report with my two CZs and my FNS, all of which are going to be sold to pay for the Shadow 2 and other recent purchases.
    It is possible that I'll have the Shadow 2 by range time so it will take the place of the FNS on the CZ target.
    Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun,

20180721_143123.jpg

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Good luck. Really long and heavy double action trigger pull. You know the kind where the hammer isn't already back.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good luck. Really long and heavy double action trigger pull. You know the kind where the hammer isn't already back.

1. It says it is a 6# hammer: not a problem since I'm not spoiled with the 3# triggers I hear about. :laugh:
    2. Some of my revolvers feel like they have an 18# hammer: really tough ones, but I use the S/A option so it doesn't matter to me.
    3. Since this one does have a hammer that comes back, but you don't have access to put it into S/A: bummer, but I'll deal with it.
    4. It will be interesting how this will show up on the 5 in 1 targets.
    5. It can't be any worse than my long trigger on the S/W M/P Bodyguard .380, which I could shoot fine (but the Glock 42 being single action was better).

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I don’t know if this is the one, but SIGs current .22lr pistols are made by GSG (German Sport Guns).

The current SIG 22lr is the same as the GSG Firefly. The SIG 1911-22 is a GSG 1911-22.

I have the SIG 1911-22, I picked up a GSG magazine for it, because I prefer to have 4 magazines for my guns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don’t know if this is the one, but SIGs current .22lr pistols are made by GSG (German Sport Guns).

The current SIG 22lr is the same as the GSG Firefly. The SIG 1911-22 is a GSG 1911-22.

I have the SIG 1911-22, I picked up a GSG magazine for it, because I prefer to have 4 magazines for my guns.

Sig abandoned that one (Mosquito a year or so ago).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I have had two of those 1911–22
    2. This better not be related to the Mosquito, it says it was manufactured by Sig Sauer, or it will be sold in less than a day.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The 250 has a long pull and is DA only. It shoots fine, but I don't know that I'd call it fun. Though they don't make a .22 version of the 320, the 250 line is the precursor to the 320 and shares magazines and grip modules.

I also don't get why so many .22 pistols have these big magazines but only hold 10 rounds.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. I have had two of those 1911–22
    2. This better not be related to the Mosquito, it says it was manufactured by Sig Sauer, or it will be sold in less than a day.

From what I can find, this is not related to the Mosquito. This is built on the same P250 frame as the rest of the P250 line and it sounds like it will accept conversion kits for centerfire calibers.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The 250 has a long pull and is DA only. It shoots fine, but I don't know that I'd call it fun. Though they don't make a .22 version of the 320, the 250 line is the precursor to the 320 and shares magazines and grip modules.

I also don't get why so many .22 pistols have these big magazines but only hold 10 rounds.

Making a double stack 22LR magazine that works is not the easiest thing from what I understand. Rimmed cartridge that is in fact rimfire so even more interesting to deal with in some respects. At least that is what I have understood. So they are typically a staggered design.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The Sig P250 is a great gun. I have several Sigs and I love them all. I find the trigger is quite nice and smooth. To me it is all about staging the trigger. I have many handguns but this is my favorite and the go-to for me. It gets a bad rap from a lot of those who have never used one or even a revolver. Anyway, just one man's opinion.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Sig P250 is a great gun. I have several Sigs and I love them all. I find the trigger is quite nice and smooth. To me it is all about staging the trigger. I have many handguns but this is my favorite and the go-to for me. It gets a bad rap from a lot of those who have never used one or even a revolver. Anyway, just one man's opinion.

1. Yes, I really find a trigger that’s difficult but I’m not used to the upgraded triggers either.
    2. I am just an old 22 revolver guy.

I was looking at that gun. If you decide it's not for you, send me a message.

3. Well, I will write you down in my day planner, the last person that said they wanted to buy one my guns about six times, and when it up for sale not wanting it when the time came, but I think they thought I was going to be selling it for less than what I paid for it:
    Funny!
    4. Can’t wait to take it to the range, hopefully today, because it feels “so right.”

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Went to a member's outdoor range today after church and shot many sweet guns.
    2. It started to rain so I only got out the Sig P250 for 1 magazine (not going to shoot .22LRs with the sweet cajunized CZs and the like spread around).
    3. I see what you mean with the D/A only. I didn't know that when I bought it, so it reminds me of the Smith Bodyguard .380 D/A only.
    4. I don't see how it's going to compete with the other .22LRs that I have: its life will be short-lived in my safe, I'm afraid.
    5. It feels good in the hand, though, but so do a dozen other .22LRs that I have.
    6. I'll have to put it through its paces, but today I shot it high I believe today, or maybe it was low, but it was pretty terrible after shooting the cajunized guns.
    7. I was shooting a 66 feet, which I'm not accustomed, so it amplified all faults in technique (usually shoot 30' with some 20' and 40' mixed in for good measure).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    1. Went to a member's outdoor range today after church and shot many sweet guns.
    2. It started to rain so I only got out the Sig P250 for 1 magazine (not going to shoot .22LRs with the sweet cajunized CZs and the like spread around).
    3. I see what you mean with the D/A only. I didn't know that when I bought it, so it reminds me of the Smith Bodyguard .380 D/A only.
    4. I don't see how it's going to compete with the other .22LRs that I have: its life will be short-lived in my safe, I'm afraid.
    5. It feels good in the hand, though, but so do a dozen other .22LRs that I have.
    6. I'll have to put it through its paces, but today I shot it high I believe today, or maybe it was low, but it was pretty terrible after shooting the cajunized guns.
    We will have to do it again, you didn't get the chance to try my Buckmark.

7F3D9923-66B8-4342-8E8E-66C1986EACD0_zpsdr7p4l8c.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    We will have to do it again, you didn't get the chance to try my Buckmark.

1. Oh no! The rain made me run like a little girl putting away my .22LRs, but I'm not sorry since we got in some good time with your guns before the rain that I'll never have since it seems everything was cajunized from the SP-01, Phantom and especially that Remington .45 that I surprised myself my shooting better than anything else!
    2. I'm definitely in for a "do it again," and I promise I will do better at the basics. Thank-you for repeating the correct procedures: truly. It was exactly what I needed!
    3. Like I said in your yard, with 6 or so guys gathered together shooting, there has to be focus and safety utmost.
    4. I always shot with just my best friend, an avid hunter in my 20s and early 30s, and he was always "tuning" in his hunting rifles while I was shooting bowling pins or something at the Edinburgh range back when it was free and unmanaged.
    5. I did have a little .22LR metal to ring that I bought for $20 at the Indy 1500 35 yrs. ago.

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Sig abandoned that one (Mosquito a year or so ago).

I was not aware of that. I'm not up on SIG. I just did a bunch of research on .22LR pistols earlier this year because I wanted one.

The 1911-22 from GSG/SIG is really nice though.

Top Bottom