• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Loved the profile of the seller.
    Older gentleman who works as an engineer.
    Has 2 dozen guns.
    He ran across a CZ sale he couldn't say no to and got a CZ Tactical Sport.
    He said it had the best trigger.
    He said he'd buy it back off me if I didn't like it.

After the range trip I am thrilled.
    You know I'm not always thrilled and sell w/i the week, but I'm excited to keep this!
    I'll go get the range pics now.

Pics:

TxAOHaZ.jpg

yBIhu12.jpg

xgqEw2w.jpg

RpnRm1J.jpg

VOMlEjy.jpg

dz2Sjwq.jpg

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I would say congrats, but we all know you bought it for better standing in the many "CZickness" threads. :):

Oh well, I'll say congrats anyway.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations.
    When you do sell it though keep me in mind. I'd like to try one.

1. This gun is 5x the price that I started out at 15 months ago.
    2. My guns lately usually cost $300+/-, so it is 3x more. (The past 3 weeks CZ craze notwithstanding)
    3. Getting into the CZ game I had to jump up to the $500 level.
    4. 2 weeks later I was up twice that to buy this Shadow for $950.
    5. I'm going to stop reading the CZ thread and go back to the Smith and Ruger threads. :laugh:
    6. My sense is: don't hold your breath. I will not go backwards even if I have to sell off some other guns to keep this one.

I would say congrats, but we all know you bought it for better standing in the many "CZickness" threads. :):
    Oh well, I'll say congrats anyway.

8. You got me: since I have no friends I'm just trying to buy acceptance. :laugh:

Your wife is going to strangle you in your sleep!

9. A possibility. She knows I bought a gun and am selling 2 to pay for it but has no idea that this one was big dollar item. I've always told her, though, that the spouse is the first suspect even if the death looks like an accident. :dunno:
    10. Since I bought 9000 rounds of ammo and 2 guns last Sat., that took my hidden money, so I had to go to the bank and draw out the whole amount, so when she sees that I will have to try to soft peddle it.
    11. Hopefully by the time she realizes it I would have sold the 75 B Omega (supposed to get the money Wednesday) and perhaps the SP-01 Tacitcal will sell this weekend (hopefully get it in the ads by Wednesday or the latest, Thursday and it will sell this weekend). Then I have the Walther P22 for sale, but it seems like .22LRs take forever to sell since everyone has a few and no need for "entry level." And, this weekend I bought 2 more .22LRs (Buckmark and the Sig 250 (only a D/A) which I'm enjoying, but put is all together and I could have avoided going to the bank if timing was better.

Moving right on up doddg! Great buy!

12. No more moving up for me: I'm staying put!
    13. I don't want to hear anything about upgrades: No!
    14. I'll do what the seller did and just move up to the Tactical Orange if I feel the need for an even sweeter trigger. :laugh:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Congrats, now you can start chasing tighter groups when shooting instead of chasing new guns.:yesway:

Edit - just saw your range pics post. You already have the tighter groups and just need the consistency we all seek.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats, now you can start chasing tighter groups when shooting instead of chasing new guns.:yesway:
    Edit - just saw your range pics post. You already have the tighter groups and just need the consistency we all seek.

1. So true! Just when I thought I was done buying .22LRs, the Sig P250 came along, and then there was that Buckmark I've been wanting to try. Then there is the Beretta M9-22 I still want................................ I need help! :dunno:

Congrats sir! That is a beauty.

2. I feel really good about it, being the value was there for such a high-priced gun (for me: the poor school teacher). :rofl:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Descriptors and price at a local shop:

[FONT=&quot]
    convert

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][h=1]CZ[/h][h=2]CZ CZ 75 Shadow 2 91255[/h]$1,199.99
    Mfg Item #: 91255
    CZ Shadow 2, Semi-Automatic, DA/SA, Full Size, 9MM,
    4.9"
    Cold hammer Forged Barrel,
    Steel Frame,
    Urban Gray Polycoat Finish,
    Black Aluminum Grips,
    Ambi Safety,
    Fiber Optic Front Sight,
    3 Magazines,
    17 Rounds

[/FONT]

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    His first race hammer...........

They grow up so fast. It seems like just a couple weeks ago, he was singing the praises of Jennings, Bryco and Taurus. :laugh:

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    I'm wondering, what are you gonna do with it?
    Really, is it a duty weapon, pinker, sport pistol,or nightstand gun...?
    I mean it's cool to have, and I think it's a real hogleg, but what itch did it scratch?
    What makes this one THE ONE?
    This is so seemingly out of character for you...a gun like this needs to be shot- maybe some steel?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations my friend! That looks like a winner

1. Feels like it; shoots like it.

His first race hammer...........

2. "Race Hammer?"

They grow up so fast. It seems like just a couple weeks ago, he was singing the praises of Jennings, Bryco and Taurus. :laugh:

3. I actually remember the Jennings, and even I wouldn't own one back in the 70s, 80, and 90s.

The force is strong in this one!!

4. Now that was top tier humor! :laugh6:

I'm wondering, what are you gonna do with it?
    Really, is it a duty weapon, pinker, sport pistol,or nightstand gun...?
    I mean it's cool to have, and I think it's a real hogleg, but what itch did it scratch?
    What makes this one THE ONE?
    This is so seemingly out of character for you...a gun like this needs to be shot- maybe some steel?

5. I am going to shoot it. :dunno: Sorry, but that was just waiting there to be said if you have dry humor as myself.
    6. This will be my ultimate range toy. I can eliminate other 9mms (like the Ruger P89 that I've already sold) b/c this CS Shadow 2 will take over that joy of the range.
    7. Best question: "What makes this THE ONE?" Time will tell if it will stand the test of time and be "The One."
    8. I was open to a better gun for the range, and the CZ thread prepared me for that b/c of my trust and respect of those that were in that thread "selling" the virtues of it.
    9. I tried the 1911, but I didn't prefer it over everything else.
    10. The 75 B Omega wet my appetite, the SP-01 Tactical enhanced it.
    11. With all the talk about upgrades, and the reading I'd done about the Shadow, I saw my chance to have the "ultimate" gun (for my inexperience) w/o modifications.
    12. It will be interesting to see if I will want to modify this one in a yearish, or simply buy a more expensive Shadow when that time comes (if it ever does).
    13. The One: weight, barrel length, accuracy, and I like the Urban Gray color as a contrast to my other drab steel guns (as opposed to the glorious stainless steel).

[FONT=&amp]
    convert

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    CZ CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange 01261

PRODUCT CODE : 080670301261

$1,492.99
    Mfg Item #: 01261
    The Tactical Sport Orange borrows a number of design features from the Czechmate and incorporates a few of its own. This pistol features a slimmer trigger guard, revised grip geometry and finer checkering, and it adds a thumb stop and fully-adjustable target sights.
    TypePistol
    GripsOrange Aluminum
    ActionSingle
    SafetyAmbidextrous
    SeriesTactical Sport Orange
    Weight48 oz
    Caliber9mm luger
    Capacity10+1
    Barrel TypeCold Hammer-Forged
    Sight StyleAdjustable
    Weight Range48.00 oz to 63.99 oz
    Barrel Length5.4"
    Frame MaterialSteel
    Slide DescriptionBlack
    Barrel Length Range5.00" to 5.99"
    Sight ConfigurationAdjustable Target

[/FONT]

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    That escalated quickly lol. You should come shoot Monday night steel at hhrp sometime. I think you'll fall in love, especially with the shadow 2.

Why did you list a tacsport at the end of the last post? Moving up already? Lol congrats on the new pistola.

Top Bottom