Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Shadow 2: 1st and 2nd magazine at 40'
    SsvcKQY.jpg

20' All CZ against each other: Shadow BIG WINNER
    ZiIC6ZB.jpg

At 30' the OMEGA WON: what's up with that: me tired, me lost focus????? I was really hacked. Going to sell Shadow! (just kidding)
    msRsDVI.jpg

The Shadow came through for me on this repeat of 30' where I was mad.
    QHNoGhS.jpg

I got so mad at the Shadow being beat at 30' I did a whole dedicated 6 targets for the Shadow to "learn" it.
    Only 5 shots per target instead of 10.
    Look at #4, with all 5 touching: what's that all about? (it was my 2nd mag on this target).
    UwzGiBF.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Looks like you are possibly taking your eyes off your sight picture to look at your target after you fire 2 rounds or sometimes everytime maybe? Also I'd say you are rushing. Because if you are capable of #4 then its repeatable. Slow down and breath. Focus on your fundamentals and dont break your focus off your sight picture and alignment.
    You asked why, that's the only reason I'm putting my 2 cents in. One would need to observe you in order to truly gauge this.

Throw that target out farther and you will start seeing more what's going on yourself.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looks like you are possibly taking your eyes off your sight picture to look at your target after you fire 2 rounds or sometimes everytime maybe? Also I'd say you are rushing. Because if you are capable of #4 then its repeatable. Slow down and breath. Focus on your fundamentals and dont break your focus off your sight picture.

1. Breathe? I thought I was supposed to hold my breath until I shot all 10 rounds, which is why I went to 5 rounds on that last target.
    2. Again, yes: I think I'm funny! :rofl:
    3. Seriously though: I don't get it! I was trying my best, but I could catch myself "pulling" a shot or squeezing that lovely trigger too soon, since there didn't seem to be as much "play" in it as what I'm used to.
    4. I'll sell off the other two CZs (the 75 B Omega is spoken for) and will concentrate on the Shadow, pitting is against the FNS until I sell it, but I'll have the Glock 26 to go against the Shadow on targets since I'm keeping that for awhile.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    1. Breathe? I thought I was supposed to hold my breath until I shot all 10 rounds, which is why I went to 5 rounds on that last target.
    2. Again, yes: I think I'm funny! :rofl:
    3. Seriously though: I don't get it! I was trying my best, but I could catch myself "pulling" a shot or squeezing that lovely trigger too soon, since there didn't seem to be as much "play" in it as what I'm used to.
    4. I'll sell off the other two CZs (the 75 B Omega is spoken for) and will concentrate on the Shadow, pitting is against the FNS until I sell it, but I'll have the Glock 26 to go against the Shadow on targets since I'm keeping that for awhile.
    Yeah I was trying to see you pulling a shot but maybe only a couple spots where I could say yeah that's it. I think maybe your hands are shaky? I get that too.
    I dont think you shoot bad.

I'm not a trainer and I have my own issues.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Looking good.

I also start flinching/pulling/pushing shots sometimes and have to stop myself and remember to get back to good trigger control without other hand movements.

As an example, the last stage of the last steel match I shot was the plate rack you got to shoot at the last time we got together.

My times to knock down all six plates on the first 3 strings were 5.17 seconds, 4.58 sec and 5.57 seconds from a low ready position. However on the 4th string I was all over the place and I took 10 shots and 9.31 sec to get them all down.

While that's not quite the same as shooting for groups on paper, the lose of good trigger control and/or flinching had the same effect.

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Looking good.
    I also start flinching/pulling/pushing shots sometimes and have to stop myself and remember to get back to good trigger control without other hand movements.

1. You got my number!
    2. Hey gmcttr, can you believe 2 weeks after (or more like 1.5 weeks?) shooting your Shadow, I have one: remarkable!
    3. Didn't plan it that way, but when I can get a $1200 gun (plus tax $1284 at Hoosier Armory) for $950: any day! ($334 savings)
    4. It's all about value, not price, of course, it has taken me 15 months to figure out where the value was (besides my Smiths and Rugers).

Last edited:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm thoroughly impressed with your shooting with the cz's compared to your previous posts and guns. That shadow 2 is a monster, and it looked like the 75b was treating you better than the SP01. Your groups with the omega are consistent with what I saw out of that pistol, what a great little gun. I feel kind of bad now tho, I sold you that first hit that lead to a fairly serious addiction that quickly escalated lol. I think you found "the one" judging by those groups.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    DoddG, I think you have found the "ONE", in the pistol world. You'll be shooting single hole groups with that Shadow in no time.
    Now that you have found your pistol, we can start concentrating on an evil black rifle, everybody needs one, or 20..........:cool:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I feel kind of bad now tho, I sold you that first hit that lead to a fairly serious addiction that quickly escalated lol....

You may have given him the first hit, but I gave him the strong stuff...lol

...Now that you have found your pistol, we can start concentrating on an evil black rifle, everybody needs one, or 20..........:cool:

Bwahahahaha...I should take a couple of those along next time for him.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Bwahahahaha...I should take a couple of those along next time for him.
    I put him behind two SBRs briefly, it was raining. I love spending a poor mans money! :lmfao:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I think doddg got poor and broke mixed up, but hes about to find out what broke really means if hes shot your toys lol
    Everybody knows that a $5K gun will make groups 5 times better than a $1K gun, am I right? It's just simple math. Or is it 10 times better? Math is hard :laugh:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Everybody knows that a $5K gun will make groups 5 times better than a $1K gun, am I right? It's just simple math. Or is it 10 times better? Math is hard :laugh:
    It's up there :):
    All I know is never add up your guns cost. It makes them never as good as they were when you lost count or refused to add ;)

Oh and Yep deffinately right

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. Bragging about the corruption of a simple poor school teacher who was once happy with his S/Ws would provide glee only on a CZ thread. :laugh:

QUOTE=KJQ6945;7602552]I put him behind two SBRs briefly, it was raining. I love spending a poor mans money! :lmfao:

2. They were a hoot!

I think doddg got poor and broke mixed up, but hes about to find out what broke really means if hes shot your toys lol

3. I don't have the dream, so I'm safe.

4. I'm not listening. :whistle:

It's up there :):
    All I know is never add up your guns cost. It makes them never as good as they were when you lost count or refused to add ;)
    Oh and Yep deffinately right

5. I keep the total in my Day Planner so I always know exactly where I am in my addition.

I just know that last 2% gain costs like 99% more.

6. That's why I never have desired the utter best which explains why I've been driving a Corolla and a Honda instead of a Lexus and a BMW. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Range time with CZ Shadow 2 vs Glock 26 (75 B Omega and SP-01 Tactical and FNS sold)

I got mad with my poor performance against the Glock 26
    in the top targets vs the bottom targets.
    In the middle target with 17 rounds I redeemed myself by putting 9 rounds
    touching using the CZ Shadow 2. I tighter grouping, at least by slowing down and pulling the trigger SLOWLY
    as taught by gmcttr, Ggreen and KJQ6945.
    KJQ6945 was tougher: loved that approach! :laugh:
    xqbknJt.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom