Having a Glock 26, I didn't think I needed a 43, well I miss it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Outside of swimwear, the 26 will do everything the 43 will, only better. I want to love the 43, I have 3, but the 26 is so much better for everything except swim trunks.

dbartromvette

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Marion
    Just got the 43 a few days ago and have now carried it for a couple days. For edc in the summer I won’t be going back to my 26 or 27. It’s small enough I almost forget it’s there.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    The G43 inside a CYA or Tulster style holster just disappears when I carry it in the summer. My polos and t-shirts seem to be cut tighter than button ups are for winter when I would carry a G26 or G19.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I haven't found anywhere I couldn't carry the 26, which would have called for a 43. Maybe I'm just getting lazy.

I know the 26 is the better/more capable gun.

When you have a smaller gun in the stable, it's easy to get lazy and throw it on when you could carry something larger and more capable with a tad more effort (or maybe none at all).

I'm guilty of this as well and it's one of the "dangers," or "temptations," or whatever you want to call it of smaller guns IMO.

Back when all I had was a P228 or a G17 I made it work. Then I thought, you know, if I had something smaller I could carry more on occasions where it's not possible with a larger gun. Now that the collection has grown it's enticing to just throw on a smaller gun - not that a larger gun couldn't be carried, it's just that the siren-song of the smaller gun calls out from the safe, and in a moment of weakness - boom, that's what goes on the belt.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    When you have a smaller gun in the stable, it's easy to get lazy and throw it on when you could carry something larger and more capable with a tad more effort (or maybe none at all).

Back when all I had was a P228 or a G17 I made it work.

That is part of the reason I got rid of my 43.

228 you say? I like your style!

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Glock 43 for pocket carry hands down. If I'm carrying in a holster it's a 19 AIWB. I tried out a G26 briefly and it wasn't small enough to justify over the 19.

I do plan to get an AIWB holster for the 43 and try it out

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was doing on Bud's site.

They showed two models, what looked like the same exact models down to the sites, but different model #s and prices.

According to arfcom, one is made in US and one in Austria. See if that is the case when it comes in.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Outside of swimwear, the 26 will do everything the 43 will, only better. I want to love the 43, I have 3, but the 26 is so much better for everything except swim trunks.

I am of the opposite opinion. The 43 is what the 26 should have been to begin with. I find the 26 to be pretty much useless for my needs and mine never leaves the safe anymore. I've actually just never liked it or the 27 I had previously. The minor size difference between it and the 19 makes the 19 the better option for me if I'm not carrying my 17. The 43 is great for a very concealable gun in the summer and a great back up gun, the 26 not so much.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a G43 and a G26. I much prefer the G26. I can easily conceal it with a fitted t-shirt and shorts. And I love that I can carry a spare G19 magazine.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have a G43 and a G26. I much prefer the G26. I can easily conceal it with a fitted t-shirt and shorts. And I love that I can carry a spare G19 magazine.

a lot to be said about using full size/capacity magazines with the 26/27. Another reason the 43 has never really appealed to me. Glock did it to be in single stack trend clubs.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I miss mine sometimes for the same reasons. When the right deal comes along, i'll have another. They are more comfortable than my 32 in a lot of instances. Being a big guy, summer clothes grab at the hip making a definite lump, or I have to dress like a lump. Open carry eliminates all of the discomfort though and I'm doing that a lot lately.

Monte#2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Sometimes there is no substitute for a small small gun.

Been there myself...actually now prefer my 43 over the 26...didn't see that one coming. My G19 basically fills the same role as the G26 anyway...but the G43 fills kind of a niche role in the Glock family all to its own.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    If I did not already have a G26 and a G42, I would buy the G43. I have shot the G43 and I really like it, but I would not replace my G26 with it. My wife, however, is in need of a smallish single stack 9mm.

Top Bottom